What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Westbrook's brother says, "Injury is serious" (1 Viewer)

ESPN Radio in Philly had Byron on last night for a few minutes. The last time he had actually talked with Brian was on Sunday 9/28. That's what he was basing his info on. The way the Eagles like to keep everything a secret, especially injuries, I doubt that Byron is getting the real scoop on his brother since he is a Redskin.

Sunday's game is as much of a must win for the Eagles as you could have for the 5th game. I expect Westbrook to be in there. If he is not, then we may be looking at him not coming back until after the bye.

I don't have Westbrook but do have Buckhalter. I'm not expecting Buckhalter to have much value this week.

From Rotoworld Westbrook questionable, but practices fully

Brian Westbrook (ankle) returned to a full practice on Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 5 against Washington.

His status couldn't be much more up in the air. A full practice on Friday is always a good sign, but there are indications that the Eagles have been hiding a more serious injury and coach Andy Reid wouldn't commit to Westbrook playing in his after-practice comments. The Eagles and Skins square off at 1:00PM ET, so we'll know if Westbrook is active early Sunday. Oct. 3 - 1:39 pm et

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian Westbrook (ankle) returned to a full practice on Friday and is listed as questionable for Week 5 against Washington.

His status couldn't be much more up in the air. A full practice on Friday is always a good sign, but there are indications that the Eagles have been hiding a more serious injury and coach Andy Reid wouldn't commit to Westbrook playing in his after-practice comments. The Eagles and Skins square off at 1:00PM ET, so we'll know if Westbrook is active early Sunday. Oct. 3 - 1:39 pm et
Rotoworld has turned into total garbage. What indications? The only "evidence" I've seen so far is from his brother's quote, a guy that Brian's team is going up against this week. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any indications to me.

Rotoworld has turned into total garbage. What indications? The only "evidence" I've seen so far is from his brother's quote, a guy that Brian's team is going up against this week. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be any indications to me.
I agree, sorta....my only thought otherwise is, why would his brother want to misrepresent to his team that Brian might be out? In other words, you'd think he'd want his team to fully prepare for him (which they will probably do anyway) if he thought he was going to play.The other side of it is, maybe Brian is trying to fool his brother. :unsure:

I agree, sorta....my only thought otherwise is, why would his brother want to misrepresent to his team that Brian might be out? In other words, you'd think he'd want his team to fully prepare for him (which they will probably do anyway) if he thought he was going to play.The other side of it is, maybe Brian is trying to fool his brother. :rolleyes:
I think that people are reading a little too far into it. I have absolutely no doubt that the Redskins have prepared just as they would if Westbrook had no injury at all. I think that it is as simple as his brother really not knowing the scoop, and just spitting out an answer when he was asked a question. The eagles do like to keep everyone guessing on the injury report... but Westbrook sure as hell wouldn't be fully participating in practice if the Eagles were hiding a more serious injury... it makes absolutely no sense at all.

all I read and cared about was "returned to a full practice".

That's helluva a lot better than "partially, had a setback, limped, etc. etc.)

2 days and 2 more nights of healing! Cmon Brian...I need you in my lineup meng!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3624357

PHILADELPHIA -- Brian Westbrook was a full participant in practice for the first time in two weeks on Friday and appears likely to play Sunday when the Eagles host the Washington Redskins.

"He was able to get through everything," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "It looked like he did it well. We will just see how he feels later today and then tomorrow. Most importantly, we'll see how he feels on Sunday."

Westbrook is questionable on the injury report, but has been able to participate more in practice as the week progressed.

Don't shoot the messenger! You guys are crying for info and I'm providing what I have so be nice.

From Rotoworld - Eagles website: Brian Westbrook 'should play'

According to the Eagles' team website, Brian Westbrook (ankle) "should be in uniform" in Week 5 against Washington despite being listed as questionable.

There is a chance that Westbrook's carries will be scaled back because he isn't 100 percent, but we still can't imagine sitting him down in fantasy leagues if he's active. Westbrook took all the reps in Friday's practice. Oct. 3 - 3:24 pm

Don't shoot the messenger! You guys are crying for info and I'm providing what I have so be nice.From Rotoworld - Eagles website: Brian Westbrook 'should play' According to the Eagles' team website, Brian Westbrook (ankle) "should be in uniform" in Week 5 against Washington despite being listed as questionable.There is a chance that Westbrook's carries will be scaled back because he isn't 100 percent, but we still can't imagine sitting him down in fantasy leagues if he's active. Westbrook took all the reps in Friday's practice. Oct. 3 - 3:24 pm
very :thumbdown: Lock and Load time on Westbrook :(

Westbrook made it through the entire Eagles practice Friday with the ankle strain he suffered Sunday before last against the Steelers. Westbrook has been dinged many times during his seven-year Eagles career. I can't remember Westbrook ever practicing full-go on Friday and then not playing on Sunday. Yet, the Eagles are listing him as "questionable" for this week's encounter with the Redskins. Asked his feeling about Westbrook's chances of playing, Eagles coach Andy Reid said: "Well, he's questionable."

Prodded further, Reid allowed that his franchise running back was "able to get through everything, and it looked like he did well. We'll just see how he feels later today and then tomorrow. Most importantly, we'll see how he feels on Sunday."

Westbrook was not available for comment.

The bottom line, right now, anyway, would seem to be that Westbrook is a likely participant, after missing last week's 24-20 loss to the Bears, but it's much more doubtful that he will be 100 percent. Reporters have been able to watch Westbrook's Thursday and Friday practices, and nobody saw him make a sharp cut, either day. But as long as he doesn't do further damage to the ankle, just having Westbrook out there has to help the Eagles, because the Redskins have to account for him.

:shrug:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/dneagle...hould_Play.html

Users who are viewing this thread