What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Are You Happy About Today? (1 Viewer)

On a trip to one of my preferred cities for work -  Minneapolis. Easy trip. Get a good dinner tonight on the company. Upcoming weekend have a great buddy staying at my place I haven’t seen in awhile, going to play golf in the AM, then head to first draft of the year. 

Cheers.

eoMMan said:
Is it like that Under The Tuscan Sun movie?
No Diane Lane sighting, so no.  Looking at a place for €190, but my agent just told us works may require a new roof and structural repairs for at least €200.  Yikes.

Had a stray cat show up in my yard over the weekend. You ever heard of a, "junkyard dog?" Well, this guy is a junkyard cat full of love. Got back from the vet a short time ago and while he looks dreadful, the vet gave him a clean bill of health.

As soon as I can get some weight on the little guy, gonna get him vaccinated and have him snipped with plans to make him the newest member of our family. 

:banned:

ChiefD said:
Me: Heading to Wisconsin on Thursday for 3 days of fishing and hanging with my brothers. Will be catching some nice smallmouth with an occasional walleye and muskie mixed in. Getting excited about that. 

How about the rest of youse guys? 
Where in WI?

Had a stray cat show up in my yard over the weekend. You ever heard of a, "junkyard dog?" Well, this guy is a junkyard cat full of love. Got back from the vet a short time ago and while he looks dreadful, the vet gave him a clean bill of health.

As soon as I can get some weight on the little guy, gonna get him vaccinated and have him snipped with plans to make him the newest member of our family. 

:banned:
Does he look like this guy?

http://www.kwqc.com/content/news/Illinois-rescue-trying-to-find-home-for-Bruno-the-polydactyl-cat-491105371.html

There is a guy sitting in his truck outside my office blaring music and playing a drum set that is in his front cab along with the songs.  The truck is an old small pickup with a spray painted camo paint job and a homemade camper shell. He also has a dog on a leash tied to the truck.  It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and I have no idea why he is doing this, but it makes me super happy.  We have opened up the garage door to my office and are just enjoying the makeshift concert and weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played 18 holes of golf with my two sons (20, 22) last night after work, then had dinner as a family when the wife got done working late.  I love my family. 
Happiness can be so fleeting.  Just got a call from my 20 year old and had to rush home.  A guy driving down our street had a tire bust off of his truck, go rolling through the neighbor's yard, before smashing into our garage door.  Thankfully, it missed the 3 cars parked in our driveway.  Going to be a few hundred to fix, and the guy is from out of state and has no insurance.   

Speaking of open garages - I walked by a neighbor's garage and noticed the door was open. Inside were the 2 daughters each sitting at a separate computer desk. It's like having them to sit in the garage with the door open is the closest the parents could get to making them play outside.

Where in WI?
Wausau. We fish the Wisconsin river there on a few stretches. On one of the days we do a 12 hour float, anchoring in deep pools and catching smallies all day. We will also catch suckers and rig one of those up on a muskie pole and let it swim around so we don't have to cast our brains out for muskie.

The second day we will hit a sturgeon spot, and then also try and catch smallies and muskie using the above methods.

We will also cast a muskie lure once in awhile - usually while we are already standing because we had to get up and take a leak from all the cold brews we drink all day.  :lol:

Where in WI?
Wausau. We fish the Wisconsin river there on a few stretches. On one of the days we do a 12 hour float, anchoring in deep pools and catching smallies all day. We will also catch suckers and rig one of those up on a muskie pole and let it swim around so we don't have to cast our brains out for muskie.

The second day we will hit a sturgeon spot, and then also try and catch smallies and muskie using the above methods.

We will also cast a muskie lure once in awhile - usually while we are already standing because we had to get up and take a leak from all the cold brews we drink all day.  :lol:
My in-laws are in Shawano, about halfway to Green Bay from Wausau on 29. We just got back from there, went further north in Eagle River. Great place. A couple years ago my son caught over 100 fish (varying types,counting those too small to keep) in a week. Less successful this year. Will have to buy him a license (he hits 16!) When we were there beginning of August, it hit 50s at nite. Beautiful for huddling around a fire!!

I live between Madison and Wausau.  Yesterday and last night we had record rain and flooding in and around the Madison area.

Fish might be a little spooked.

One of the hottest and smartest of all the chicks from back in my high school days messaged me a couple of times this week on FB. Today being her day off, she sent me a pic of her bikini-clad self sitting on a beach and drinking a beer. :eek:  She's a doctor and is working out of town, but wants to meet up in a few weeks when she comes back through.  And judging from the pic she sent, she is still a smoke show. 

I live between Madison and Wausau.  Yesterday and last night we had record rain and flooding in and around the Madison area.

Fish might be a little spooked.
Yeah, been watching the weather. They stayed dry up there, so water levels right now are pretty normal. We are expecting some rain, but we'll have rain gear and have a good time regardless. 

One of the hottest and smartest of all the chicks from back in my high school days messaged me a couple of times this week on FB. Today being her day off, she sent me a pic of her bikini-clad self sitting on a beach and drinking a beer. :eek:  She's a doctor and is working out of town, but wants to meet up in a few weeks when she comes back through.  And judging from the pic she sent, she is still a smoke show. 
Uh oh... someone's ear is in danger of having hair brushed over it.   

#huglife

:sets reminder to check back in a few weeks for new thread detailing how smoky the show really is:

There is a guy sitting in his truck outside my office blaring music and playing a drum set that is in his front cab along with the songs.  The truck is an old small pickup with a spray painted camo paint job and a homemade camper shell. He also has a dog on a leash tied to the truck.  It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen and I have no idea why he is doing this, but it makes me super happy.  We have opened up the garage door to my office and are just enjoying the makeshift concert and weather.
Photo of said guy in truck with dog.  You can see a symbol on his dashboard.  He is legit playing the drums from the driver seat.

It's not like me to say this---but "maaaaaah man!!!!!"  Our resident hugger is now starting to make the Kardashians look like Virgin Mary's!!! I'm sooo proud. 

Today was awesome.  Finally had a chance to take a half day off of work and spend the day with mom.  Took her out to lunch, we got her hair and nails done, did some groceries, and then picked up her meds from the pharmacy.  I know it doesn't sound like a very exciting day--but I'd always take a day with mom over my typical workaholic day.  

Hoy es mi cumpleanos! Spending the week in Riviera Maya. Began day with a massage (for that thread - i was told to take everything off & get under sheet. I follow directions.) Day of pool & beach with wife & son. Drinking Belvedere (I know, Mexico - but vodka my fave) prior to lobster dinner. Muy bien!

also, i take this for granted, but being almost pain free and able sleep nights makes me extremely giddy.  the first 3 months of this year were god awful after my C7 pinched nerve wiped out my shoulder blade, shoulder, triceps and biceps and put my arm to sleep.  i thought for a long moment, i would never be pain free again and actually cried in the shower at 2a on my worst night (i am not proud to admit this).  3 epidurals, coupled with a 30 lb weight loss and change in lifestyle has me at 90%.  i’ll take it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread