What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What I have noticed this year in auctions (1 Viewer)

Payne

Footballguy
I have noticed THIS is the year to jump on a stud or two early. Since it is perceived RB and WR are deep, it seems many are holding out early hoping to get value later.
Problem is, it's not happening.
Several times I have seen players get bid up at the end of a tier for higher than the players at the top of the tier.

Do not be bashful this year. Trust me. Be aggressive.

I have noticed THIS is the year to jump on a stud or two early. Since it is perceived RB and WR are deep, it seems many are holding out early hoping to get value later.
Several times I have seen players get bid up at the end of a tier for higher than the players at the top of the tier.

Do you think people are holding out on values or maybe part of it is because there seems to be a lot of risk associated with the top RBs and no one feels like spending as much as usual?

The end of tier seems to get bid up very often as supply runs out. At least in my leagues.

Do you think people are holding out on values or maybe part of it is because there seems to be a lot of risk associated with the top RBs and no one feels like spending as much as usual?

The end of tier seems to get bid up very often as supply runs out. At least in my leagues.
Of course. But this year seems even more so. I am only telling you what I see. If a top tier RB goes up very early, I suggest you jump on him IF you like the player.
There is good value early. More so with RB's than with WR's.

This happened in my live auction. Literally every top 5-6 player went way below budget. You could have your pick of which studs you wanted. Still have to be careful not to overdo it on studs early or your depth will suffer because while the top players went cheap, this was offset by mid-lower range players going higher than budget.

This happened in my live auction. Literally every top 5-6 player went way below budget. You could have your pick of which studs you wanted. Still have to be careful not to overdo it on studs early or your depth will suffer because while the top players went cheap, this was offset by mid-lower range players going higher than budget.
If you do it right, you can accomplish both. Bid early on a few studs. Wait during the period where everyone else overpays for mid tier guys, then swoop in at the end.

This year was different for us than in the previous 4 years. $300 teams - the top 10 rb's were down at least an average of $10. Extra money went into qb's, interestingly (6 pt TD).

Agreed, there is lots of value early in auctions. I got K Murray for 30$ out of 200$ in a SF league, I was shocked. The next night, again early in the auction, M Evans for 16$ of 250$. This league is a 2 keeper 12 team SF with 7 IDP starters.

Both auctions, too many guys were sitting with cash and very little studly players left .

My oldest league is a home league auction that we conduct on ESPN (I hate it but I'll never convince the leaguemates to switch to sleeper or other platform). We are drafting this Sunday night and I can't wait.

This is good info to know about the top backs and I'll be curious to see if my league goes like that as well. I haven't mocked anything up yet but was thinking I might tonight. Since I have snake drafts every night after tonight until the auction Sunday. Might be fun to just shoot from the hip this year relatively unprepared.

I'm seeing the exact opposite. $200 budget. I would say after the 1st two rounds 9 of the 12 teams were down to < $50. RBs were super expensive throughout. You could get very decent WRs late for cheap. If you wanted a RB at any level you had to pay up.

Users who are viewing this thread