What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what if Postponed games - actually get cancelled (1 Viewer)

Dallasfan32

Footballguy
Hey everyone!

With the 3 games that got moved, does anyone have anything in place in the event the a game gets cancelled?

Say I have Russell Wilson as my starting QB and then the game gets cancelled.

What kinda of rules do you have in place, if at all to address games being cancelled due to COVID?

AAABatteries

Footballguy
Why not allow someone to designate an alternate at each spot - only allowed as a fill-in for COVID cancelled games.  And only if you have them on the roster.  If the alternate is out too then you are SOL.

Dezbelief

Footballguy
Why not allow someone to designate an alternate at each spot - only allowed as a fill-in for COVID cancelled games.  And only if you have them on the roster.  If the alternate is out too then you are SOL.
That's what one of my leagues is doing. You have to post your sub on the league message board before the sub's game starts. This only applies to the delayed games.

Dezbelief

Footballguy
How are you handling roster sizes if there are several?
Regular active limits, Covid players can be put on IR. Last year we expanded IR to the max the site let us. We designated the added IR were only for C, the regular limit applies to Out, IR, Sus. We have to self police it, but there's only been a couple times someone had too many out/ir. The few times were quickly resolved after being pointed out. I keep my IR in check and glance at my opponent's each week.

If your league doesn't have IR add IR just for players on the Covid list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinsy Ejotuz

Footballguy
We have unlimited COVID IR.

And also conditional lineups.  You can post a list of as many players as you like from your bench, rank ordered, and in the event that someone doesn't play due to COVID you sub in the first player eligible for the spot that's open.

Also, as Commish I intend to be as flexible with all this as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread