What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What IF you had the top FIVE picks in a Dynasty Draft. (1 Viewer)

madviking10

Footballguy
Name the top five rookies that you would draft (no QB's) to have an immediate impact. :porked:

Last edited by a moderator:

msudaisy26

Footballguy
Bell Bernard and Austin. I would also try to trade back up and get Eifert. Or ship away 1.03 and try to swing a couple of trades for 1.05 and 1.06 or 1.07 and get Hopkins and Eifert

Man of Zen

Footballguy
Don't get fancy. Take the RB's, since that's where the value's going to be down the road. You're not going to overload, because it's not like all of them are gonna hit anyway. Bell, Bernard, Lacy. Boom.

citsalp

Footballguy
Trade the 1.1 for a first next year, and 2nd this year, grab Bernard, Bell @1.2, move down from 1.3 to 1.6 getting a late round first this year and second next year, grab Eifert @1.6, So you now have a high 1st next year, and extra 1st this year, and extra 2nd this year, and an extra 2nd next year. Grab Woods with one this years 2nd's

silentcoach

Footballguy
Bell, Hopkins and then any of the following: lacy, bernard, and eifert.

but only because you said "immediate" impact.

madviking10

Footballguy
Trade the 1.1 for a first next year, and 2nd this year, grab Bernard @1.2, move down from 1.3 to 1.6 grab Eifert, Then top of the second grab Woods.
Why would I trade to get the top three this year to trade for a first next year. Also I still have 2.1. (What I don't have is a 3.1 or 4.1 of ten.)

citsalp

Footballguy
Pile those draft picks on, also never played in 10 team league, so maybe I'm off base, but I know I'm close.

ZWK

Footballguy
If you want immediate impact as in "compete this year", you're better off trading those picks for veterans.

My top 3 rookies are Austin, Lacy, and Bernard, but I suspect that they'll help you out more in 2014 than in 2013. But if your team is full of suck then that could be a good thing - ride the suck to another high draft pick and then look to compete in 2014+.

It's also a good year to trade down. As late as pick 9 you're still guaranteed one of the four rd 1 WR/TEs or one of the five rd 2 RBs, and everyone has their own favorites.

ghostguy123

Footballguy
Using all three picks would be a horrid waste of value IMO. Trade down with at the very minimum one of those, but I would say at least two of them.

FF Ninja

Footballguy
You'll probably get more productive answers here:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showforum=12
:goodposting: Why are people actually replying to this thread?

Where did I put anything specific to my team other than that I don't need a QB? Want to be a cop you can get some more specific answers here... http://www.policeone.com/how-to-become-a-police-officer
The thread is specifically about your team, but if you just want to look at it like a thread that is asking "who are the top 3 rookies" then it's simply a dumb*** thread. There are a ton of threads already about rookies. If you really need help drafting your top 3 picks (pitiful) then take it to the AC.

Grigs Allmoon

Footballguy
I'd be in the trade down camp, as I'd try for Franklin and Michael over the WRs, and I don't see Bell, Ball, or Lacy as great value that high. Maybe grab Bernard and Bell/Ball and trade down to go after Franklin and Michael.

madviking10

Footballguy
Things change a lot in a week. I'm not trading down. Nearly certain I'm going Bernard, Lacy, Austin. Might Switch Austin out for Bell or Ball depending on how this week goes. Really like my choices at 2.1 as well.

madviking10

Footballguy
Don't get fancy. Take the RB's, since that's where the value's going to be down the road. You're not going to overload, because it's not like all of them are gonna hit anyway. Bell, Bernard, Lacy. Boom.
The more I look at it the more I think you nailed it. Think I can still get a good young WR or TE at 2.1

ghostguy123

Footballguy
Things change a lot in a week. I'm not trading down. Nearly certain I'm going Bernard, Lacy, Austin. Might Switch Austin out for Bell or Ball depending on how this week goes. Really like my choices at 2.1 as well.
pretty sure you could deal down halfway in the 1st and still get lacy. And if not, oh no, you are "stuck" with Patterson, Bell, Ball, or Hopkins, plus whatever value you pick up in the deal.

If you like your choices at 2.1, well, get more picks in that range then.

The only thing I guess then that is better than Lacy, is trading down for another early 2nd, and still getting Lacy.

dehaven123

Footballguy
i sold a ton of vets in a dynasty takeover and was in a similar situation.

i had the 1.01 and 1.03, plus several 2nd rd'ers.

i went gio bernard, then tavon austin @ 1 and 3 overall.

u could do the same thing, plus christine michael.

ghostguy123

Footballguy
pretty sure you could deal down halfway in the 1st and still get lacy.
Really? I'm feeling like he'll be an almost consensus 1.01 rookie player here shortly.
then like I said, you are "stuck" with one of those other guys who I personally prefer over Lacy straight up anyway

msudaisy26

Footballguy
Really? I'm feeling like he'll be an almost consensus 1.01 rookie player here shortly.
Not even close, there is no consensus number 1 this year. Some prefer Austin and the upside of possibly being a Percy Harvin type, some prefer Bell and the fact he has a the clearest path to be the starter and he is only 20 years old, some prefer Bernard because he was the first back off the board and looks like he could be in a nice young offense for years, some like Lacy because he is in the highest powered offense and looks to be the starter.

Warrior

Footballguy
As much as I'd love to give you specific advice on your team and draft, there's a forum for that.

And definitely draft Gates at 1.01.

madviking10

Footballguy
I feel the same way. If not 1.1 (rookie) , without a doubt top 3.

madviking10

Footballguy
Lacy gio patterson. U can thank me later
This is exactly where I was leaning last night. Geo and Lacy are solid in my mind. It's that third one that's kicking my ###. As a Vikings Homer I want Patterson and don't believe there is any way he drops to me at 2.1. With the Ponder factor however I worry about seeing Austin running wild for the next six years. The safe pick in my mind is to just go Gio, Lacy, Bell. I'm not real good at going the safe route.

ODannyBoy

Footballguy

Where did I put anything specific to my team other than that I don't need a QB? Want to be a cop you can get some more specific answers here... http://www.policeone.com/how-to-become-a-police-officer
That was funny! :lol:

The "this belongs in the AC forum" hysteria kills me. As if someone asking: "Who is the top WR in PPR?" isn't doing so to help manage their team.

ODannyBoy

Footballguy

The thread is specifically about your team, but if you just want to look at it like a thread that is asking "who are the top 3 rookies" then it's simply a dumb*** thread. There are a ton of threads already about rookies. If you really need help drafting your top 3 picks (pitiful) then take it to the AC.
There's been a shakeup in the list since camps have opened. Asking if the order has changed is a fair question.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. As if you aren't gleaning information from these sharkpool threads for the exact same purpose...to better inform you on whom to draft.

There's nothing so specific to his team or league so as to make the replies inapplicable or uniformative to the readership as a whole. The top 3 non-QB question isn't that different from asking the top 3 in PPR or non-PPR format...something that's league specific that none of us would blink an eye at. Nor is it any different than asking who the top 3 would be in a start 2 QB league. This happens all the time.

I know it's difficult for some people to understand, but OP's background info doesn't really have anything to do with the substantive question and can simply be ignored. We might just want to try that sometime instead of slapping the AC Forum alarm button in a sweat drenched panic.

Just because someone puts unnecessary specific info about their team into their post doesn't make it an AC question. It just means they are wasting some minimal space in the interweb with superfluous information. And FBG's isn't going bankrupt trying to keep up with the excess storage fees, so even that isn't a big deal.

ODannyBoy

Footballguy
Team sucked last year and I shipped away a couple vets to get picks 1.2 and 1.3.

Name the top three rookies that you would draft (no QB's) to have an immediate impact.
OP, all you'd have to do is that edit, and then you could sit back and enjoy watching all the AC Forum tyrants fall over themselves to rush in and give their learned opinion on the matter. It's like they don't even realize that the question is essentially the same for your purposes!

Sabertooth

Footballguy
Suck to be the OP. This was not the year to make moves for top picks. I had the 1.1 and traded it back several times.

ODannyBoy

Footballguy

Because a lot of the "sharks" are even stupider than the OP.
Or maybe it's that they realize that the motives of the OP don't alter the validity or application of the query to the population as a whole. ;)

There is some stupidity being exposed, though. It's just not in whom you suppose. :cool:

madviking10

Footballguy
Suck to be the OP. This was not the year to make moves for top picks. I had the 1.1 and traded it back several times.
I'm actually ok with it. I'm sold in both Geo and Lacy. It's that third pick that I just cant fall in love with. As far as trading down, that's over now as trades are locked till the draft on Saturday and I've never seen anyone able to make a decision fast enough on draft day.. Hopefully we see something out of Bell tonight to make the decision easier.

madviking10

Footballguy
Team sucked last year and I shipped away a couple vets to get picks 1.2 and 1.3.

Name the top three rookies that you would draft (no QB's) to have an immediate impact.
OP, all you'd have to do is that edit, and then you could sit back and enjoy watching all the AC Forum tyrants fall over themselves to rush in and give their learned opinion on the matter. It's like they don't even realize that the question is essentially the same for your purposes!
Thanks...and done. :construction:

Biabreakable

Footballguy
I think loading up on this draft class and expecting that to turn around an already bad team will lead to more of the same.

Users who are viewing this thread