What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is Bill Murray's signature role? (1 Viewer)

Signature Role

• Various - SNL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trip - Meatballs

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Carl - Caddyshack

Votes: 57 33.3%
  • John - Stripes

Votes: 22 12.9%
  • Jeff - Tootsie

• Dr. Venkman - Ghostbusters

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Frank - Scrooged

• Phil - Groundhog Day

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • Ernie - Kingpin

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Various - Wes Anderson Movies

• Bob - Lost in Translation

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Bill - Zombieland

• Vincent - St. Vincent

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
I don't think you have to carry the movie to be notable so my thoughts of him always go to the Caddy shack performance.   So many memorable points in that movie 

For me he was way funnier and more memorable as Big Ern than he was in Caddyshack.   One that isn't going to get votes here but that I love is the one in Tootsie.  It was probably on of the more minor roles listed above but man did he nail it.  In some cases he was absolutely sidesplitting without even saying a line as just the looks on his face that he'd give Hoffman when he was describing whatever his latest predicament was were hilarious.  Groundhog Day was probably my favorite movie of his though, I've seen it time and time again and can still watch it if I come across it on the TV. 

For me he was way funnier and more memorable as Big Ern than he was in Caddyshack.   One that isn't going to get votes here but that I love is the one in Tootsie.  It was probably on of the more minor roles listed above but man did he nail it.  In some cases he was absolutely sidesplitting without even saying a line as just the looks on his face that he'd give Hoffman when he was describing whatever his latest predicament was were hilarious.  Groundhog Day was probably my favorite movie of his though, I've seen it time and time again and can still watch it if I come across it on the TV. 
Good call pointing out how impactful Murray can be as a supporting character, and in pointing out how underrated Tootsie was in terms of all performances, including Murray's. I get why the Oscar went to Kingsley that year, but Hoffman really should have won Best Actor, IMHO. 

""I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over and over and over?"

Users who are viewing this thread