What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the 1.01 rookie pick worth this year? (1 Viewer)

In the past 2 years, in even early February, you could get a king's ransom for 1.01, knowing you were getting AJ Green or TRich. What is the 1.01 really worth in 2013?2012: I saw 1.01 traded for McFadden straight up (sucker!)2011: I saw 1.01 traded for Percy Harvin and Jonathan Stewart2013: What is a fair asking price?

Last edited by a moderator:
10 teams, TD heavy, 2 QB, six keeper league, I was light on keepers and dealt 1.01 for 1.06, 1.09, Jordy, Maclin and Seahawks D.

16 team idp 45 man roster.I dealt 1.09 and 2 later 1sts next year for 1.01.The picks next year will be in 2nd half of draft, so figured i would take a more of a "guarantee" with 1.01 than the picks.

I agree with meyer. Just to illustrate, should Lacy get selected by a team like the Falcons, 9ers or Bengals, the hype surrounding his situation will appreciate the value of the pick.

Less right now than at any point moving forward up until your rookie draft
Which is usually the case. Best time to trade the pick IMO is usually right before the rookie draft, sometimes when you are on the clock with your pick. :goodposting: So pick 45-50.....I see players like MJD, Eric Decker, Murray, Antonio Brown in that range. So I guess that's the value of 1.01 this time.

Which is usually the case. Best time to trade the pick IMO is usually right before the rookie draft, sometimes when you are on the clock with your pick.
:goodposting: So pick 45-50.....I see players like MJD, Eric Decker, Murray, Antonio Brown in that range. So I guess that's the value of 1.01 this time.I own a couple of those players, and I would trade any of them in a heartbeat for the 1.01.

The 1.01 isnt worth much this season because any number of players could be the first pick. You can get Max value right before the Draft starts though. Im taking the most hyped player at the time of the draft probably lacey.

Which is usually the case. Best time to trade the pick IMO is usually right before the rookie draft, sometimes when you are on the clock with your pick.
:goodposting: So pick 45-50.....I see players like MJD, Eric Decker, Murray, Antonio Brown in that range. So I guess that's the value of 1.01 this time.I own a couple of those players, and I would trade any of them in a heartbeat for the 1.01.Decker is worth way more than the 1.01 rookie pick. Hes young and probably good for 1200 yards at least, 90 receptions and 7 or 8 tds with a much higher ceiling.

Here's a recent startup with rookies.  1 (5.12) Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina2 (6.01) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama3 (6.07) Marcus Lattimore South Carolina4 (7.06) Le’Veon Bell Michigan State5 (7.10) Andre Ellington Clemson6 (7.11) Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee7 (8.07) Keenan Allen WR Cal8 (9.03) Montee Ball RB Wisconsin9 (10.07) Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State10 (11.02) Geno Smith QB West Virginia11 (11.06) DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson12 (13.11) Tavon Austin WR West Virginia13 (13.12) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee14 (14.02) Ray Graham RB Pitt15 (14.05) Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt16 (14.10) Robert Woods WR USC17 (14.11) Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA18 (15.02) Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford19 (15.08) Christine Michael RB Texas A&M20 (15.11) Jawan Jamison RB Rutgers21 (16.02) Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame22 (16.03) Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech23 (16.05) Chris Harper WR Kansas State24 (16.11) Terrance Williams WR Bayler25 (17.03) Kenjon Barner RB Oregon26 (17.06) Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech27 (17.11) Mike Gillislee RB Florida28 (18.01) Zach Ertz TE Stanford29 (18.03) Knile Davis RB Arkansas30 (18.05) Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M31 (18.07) Mike Glennon QB NC State32 (20.03) Matt Barkley QB USC

:goodposting: So pick 45-50.....I see players like MJD, Eric Decker, Murray, Antonio Brown in that range. So I guess that's the value of 1.01 this time.I own a couple of those players, and I would trade any of them in a heartbeat for the 1.01.Good God why cant you be in my league

:goodposting: So pick 45-50.....I see players like MJD, Eric Decker, Murray, Antonio Brown in that range. So I guess that's the value of 1.01 this time.
I own a couple of those players, and I would trade any of them in a heartbeat for the 1.01.Good God why cant you be in my leagueI would probably move any of them except for Murray for 1.01. Each to his own I guess. :shrug:

:goodposting: So pick 45-50.....I see players like MJD, Eric Decker, Murray, Antonio Brown in that range. So I guess that's the value of 1.01 this time.
I own a couple of those players, and I would trade any of them in a heartbeat for the 1.01.Good God why cant you be in my leagueI am in your league and would also trade any of those players for the 1.01. Recently traded Mike Wallace for the 1.01 and loved it.

I own a couple of those players, and I would trade any of them in a heartbeat for the 1.01.Good God why cant you be in my leagueI'd be more than willing to join your league, especially if you would trade the 1.01 for Antonio Brown.

Here's a recent startup with rookies. 4 (7.06) Le'Veon Bell Michigan State....27 (17.11) Mike Gillislee RB Florida
Interesting. I would rather have Gillislee than Bell. Call me crazy but I won't be surprised if Gillislee goes before Bell in the NFL draft. There is very few 240 plus pound backs starting in the NFL.

Since I see the 1.01 as an RB (Lacey would be my pick today). I would value it right around rb16...right around where I would rank Stewart, Ridley, C Johnson in a startup draft

:goodposting: So pick 45-50.....I see players like MJD, Eric Decker, Murray, Antonio Brown in that range. So I guess that's the value of 1.01 this time.I offered first for Decker and was turned down

I own a couple of those players, and I would trade any of them in a heartbeat for the 1.01.Good God why cant you be in my leagueI am in your league and would also trade any of those players for the 1.01. Recently traded Mike Wallace for the 1.01 and loved it.I was referring to Murray and Decker. Dont care as much about MJD or Brown.As for Mike Wallace, I have never been as high on him as others. And especially right now, who the hell knows where he even goes, and I don't see him teaming up with a top QB. I don't put Wallace up there with Decker or Murray

Here's a recent startup with rookies.  1 (5.12) Giovani Bernard RB North Carolina2 (6.01) Eddie Lacy RB Alabama3 (6.07) Marcus Lattimore South Carolina4 (7.06) Le’Veon Bell Michigan State5 (7.10) Andre Ellington Clemson6 (7.11) Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee7 (8.07) Keenan Allen WR Cal8 (9.03) Montee Ball RB Wisconsin9 (10.07) Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State10 (11.02) Geno Smith QB West Virginia11 (11.06) DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson12 (13.11) Tavon Austin WR West Virginia13 (13.12) Justin Hunter WR Tennessee14 (14.02) Ray Graham RB Pitt15 (14.05) Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt16 (14.10) Robert Woods WR USC17 (14.11) Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA18 (15.02) Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford19 (15.08) Christine Michael RB Texas A&M20 (15.11) Jawan Jamison RB Rutgers21 (16.02) Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame22 (16.03) Da’Rick Rogers WR Tennessee Tech23 (16.05) Chris Harper WR Kansas State24 (16.11) Terrance Williams WR Bayler25 (17.03) Kenjon Barner RB Oregon26 (17.06) Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech27 (17.11) Mike Gillislee RB Florida28 (18.01) Zach Ertz TE Stanford29 (18.03) Knile Davis RB Arkansas30 (18.05) Ryan Swope WR Texas A&M31 (18.07) Mike Glennon QB NC State32 (20.03) Matt Barkley QB USC
I was hoping Lattimore might fall further than that. Obviously his location will affect the drafter's mindset, but with a IR season likely ahead, I really thought he might drop to the end of the first.blatant self interest alert - I am taking him there if possible.

If you wouldn't trade Erick Decker to get 1.01 you probably shouldn't be in dynasty leagues.
I play to win with guys who I know can put up 1300 and 8 tds, not to get young guys with potential. Much rather have Decker than Eddie lacey who could be the next Ingram or Ryan Matthews.

If you wouldn't trade Erick Decker to get 1.01 you probably shouldn't be in dynasty leagues.
I play to win with guys who I know can put up 1300 and 8 tds, not to get young guys with potential. Much rather have Decker than Eddie lacey who could be the next Ingram or Ryan Matthews.Decker was the 2nd most reliant on TDs for his fantasy production WR in all of football this year, behind only James Jones. I'm trying to find the link but can't right now. Everyone knows that relying on TDs every year isn't the best bet. Plus, Decker's value is tied to a declining asset in Peyton. The 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value. If you trade Decker for it now, you'll be able to flip it for much more than Decker in a couple of months.

I play to win with guys who I know can put up 1300 and 8 tds, not to get young guys with potential. Much rather have Decker than Eddie lacey who could be the next Ingram or Ryan Matthews.
Decker was the 2nd most reliant on TDs for his fantasy production WR in all of football this year, behind only James Jones. I'm trying to find the link but can't right now. Everyone knows that relying on TDs every year isn't the best bet. Plus, Decker's value is tied to a declining asset in Peyton. The 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value. If you trade Decker for it now, you'll be able to flip it for much more than Decker in a couple of months.Thats why I said 8 tds. He had 13 last season, which likely wont happen again, and 8 in 2011 with crap at quarterback. Plus, you know hes good for 80 receptions. Peyton or not, hes shown to be a reliable receiver. I understand your point but I think you're looking to far ahead. You said the 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value and this is simply not true. This is a weak class coming out and no one has any clue who the top rookie or 2 will be. That player could easily be a bust as we've seen over the past few years. They were some great players that came out but there is no Julio, Green, luck or rg3 here.

Decker was the 2nd most reliant on TDs for his fantasy production WR in all of football this year, behind only James Jones. I'm trying to find the link but can't right now. Everyone knows that relying on TDs every year isn't the best bet. Plus, Decker's value is tied to a declining asset in Peyton. The 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value. If you trade Decker for it now, you'll be able to flip it for much more than Decker in a couple of months.Thats why I said 8 tds. He had 13 last season, which likely wont happen again, and 8 in 2011 with crap at quarterback. Plus, you know hes good for 80 receptions. Peyton or not, hes shown to be a reliable receiver. I understand your point but I think you're looking to far ahead. You said the 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value and this is simply not true. This is a weak class coming out and no one has any clue who the top rookie or 2 will be. That player could easily be a bust as we've seen over the past few years. They were some great players that came out but there is no Julio, Green, luck or rg3 here.Sorry, I should have been more clear. I think the 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value between now and whenever your rookie draft is. I believe that if you traded Decker for the 1.01 right now, let the combine and draft play out, and then traded the 1.01 the day before the draft, you'd get a better WR than Decker.

'lbouchard said:
'ctrlaltdefeat said:
'lbouchard said:
'ctrlaltdefeat said:
'The Comedian said:
Decker was the 2nd most reliant on TDs for his fantasy production WR in all of football this year, behind only James Jones. I'm trying to find the link but can't right now. Everyone knows that relying on TDs every year isn't the best bet. Plus, Decker's value is tied to a declining asset in Peyton. The 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value. If you trade Decker for it now, you'll be able to flip it for much more than Decker in a couple of months.
Thats why I said 8 tds. He had 13 last season, which likely wont happen again, and 8 in 2011 with crap at quarterback. Plus, you know hes good for 80 receptions. Peyton or not, hes shown to be a reliable receiver. I understand your point but I think you're looking to far ahead. You said the 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value and this is simply not true. This is a weak class coming out and no one has any clue who the top rookie or 2 will be. That player could easily be a bust as we've seen over the past few years. They were some great players that came out but there is no Julio, Green, luck or rg3 here.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I think the 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value between now and whenever your rookie draft is. I believe that if you traded Decker for the 1.01 right now, let the combine and draft play out, and then traded the 1.01 the day before the draft, you'd get a better WR than Decker.Right. 1.01 will quite obviously be considerably more valuable than Decker in 99% of dynasty leagues. Whether or not you'd rather have Decker than whatever rookie goes at 1.01 isn't the point; the point is you could get a lot more for 1.01 than just Eric Decker. This is all in addition to the fact that Eric Decker is not that good of a player, but we don't even need to get that far into the discussion.

'KellysHeroes said:
'finito said:
'ClownDogs said:
'eaglesfan7 said:
'KellysHeroes said:
Just offered my RGIII for 1.01 and Hernandez(last contract yr)
Ill take rg3 all day.
Alot depends on team/scoring. If he has another good QB and it is 1.5ppr for TE's, i take 1.01/AHern.
I think it's a pretty darn close (and fair) trade either way. Agree it depends on team needs/depth.I got Luck, Tanny and Locker as well; was rejected anywayOther guy did you a favor.

I got pick 1 in an FFPC dynasty, would LOVE to trade it straight up for Decker, but got laughed at for even asking.Those of you who think pick 1 is some stud or should be treated as some stud, by all means, tell me who you are taking at pick #1 and we can discuss that player.Just making blanket statements like "the pick will go up in value" or whatever is not really saying anything of any significance. This isn't the year of Peterson, Richardson, Steven Jackson, Fitzgerald, AJ Green..............this is the year of Wells, Moreno, Matthews, and Ingram.Inevitably there is going to be a guy with somewhat decent talent like the last few guys I mentioned (like Lacy), and he will end up on a team like the Packers, Falcons, or Steelers, and people are going to value the #1 pick more, but I will stay away from that and take the PPR monster who's game is all about the mid range routes, with a QB who is one of the best (if not the best) at these types of plays all time, and ride that guy with Manning for 2-3 years. Now is it POSSIBLE that the pick will increase in value enough to be able to trade it for a better WR than Decker?? Maybe, maybe not. A lot of that depends who you consider to be better, and it also depends on whether not there is someone in the league willing to give one of those WRs you think are better. On the flip side of that, I haev also seen Decker fetch a good amount in trade also. I saw Decker and Sproles get Richardson for example.

Yea, barring some sort of surprise it looks like Lacy, Allen, and Patterson are the main contenders for the 1.01.I can't speak for anyone else, but the earliest I would think about taking one of those guys in a 12 team startup draft is the 4th-5th round.

Yea, barring some sort of surprise it looks like Lacy, Allen, and Patterson are the main contenders for the 1.01.I can't speak for anyone else, but the earliest I would think about taking one of those guys in a 12 team startup draft is the 4th-5th round.
I would agree.I also think people tend to go gaga over the landing spot of the rookies a lot of times. I will take talent over situation in the large majority of cases.Didn't people think Ingram to the Saints was a great landing spot?? On the flip side a lot of people didn't like AJ Green's landing spot, or Blackmon. Talent wins out.

'lbouchard said:
'ctrlaltdefeat said:
'The Comedian said:
Decker was the 2nd most reliant on TDs for his fantasy production WR in all of football this year, behind only James Jones. I'm trying to find the link but can't right now. Everyone knows that relying on TDs every year isn't the best bet. Plus, Decker's value is tied to a declining asset in Peyton. The 1.01 is guaranteed to go up in value. If you trade Decker for it now, you'll be able to flip it for much more than Decker in a couple of months.I'm guessing that Denver decides to still use a QB after Manning retires.

I would agree.I also think people tend to go gaga over the landing spot of the rookies a lot of times. I will take talent over situation in the large majority of cases.Didn't people think Ingram to the Saints was a great landing spot?? On the flip side a lot of people didn't like AJ Green's landing spot, or Blackmon. Talent wins out.Ingram was probably a bad example if you're using him based upon talent alone, or lack thereof, because Sean Peyton or the Saints offensive philosophy has to be the worst landing spot for any RB more than Ingram's lack of talent.

I would agree.I also think people tend to go gaga over the landing spot of the rookies a lot of times. I will take talent over situation in the large majority of cases.Didn't people think Ingram to the Saints was a great landing spot?? On the flip side a lot of people didn't like AJ Green's landing spot, or Blackmon. Talent wins out.Agree, but talent disparity is marginal this year. Situation matters more.

Users who are viewing this thread