What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is the worst dynasty trade you have been offered? (4 Viewers)

I could fill this thread up the crappy offers I've been getting past few weeks. In one league alone I get a late night trade offer from  same guy almost every night and a part of the trade usually has me giving up Mike Evans. Let's just say the offers are so bad that if Mike Evans or the best player in any given trade that he requested from me passed away while the trade offer was outstanding it would still be an easy no, that's how off they are. 

Other than that owner the one trade offer  that probably takes the prize for me so far this off-season was in a league was in a FFPC rules league where I put Julio up as trade bait and got offered rookie pick 1.11. I told the owner I'd try my best to make a suitable counter offer that fit his offer so I offered him 2.9 for Brandin Cooks. Somehow I think we'd able to point to each other if asked to identify which person has made them the worst offer this off-season, except my offer was never meant to be taken seriously. 

14t PPR (and 1.5 for TE) 50 man rosters - QRWWWTFFKDDDDDDDD

Offered me:

Cotchery, Jerricho CAR WR
Stills, Kenny MIA WR
Gresham, Jermaine ARI TE
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.04
Year 2016 Draft Pick 3.04

For:
Rawls, Thomas SEA RB
Robinson, Allen JAC WR
Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

I would not part with any one of those guys for that haul of garbage, let alone all 3!
Counter with your 2016 5.x for his 2016 1.04.

I could fill this thread up the crappy offers I've been getting past few weeks. In one league alone I get a late night trade offer from  same guy almost every night and a part of the trade usually has me giving up Mike Evans. Let's just say the offers are so bad that if Mike Evans or the best player in any given trade that he requested from me passed away while the trade offer was outstanding it would still be an easy no, that's how off they are. 

Other than that owner the one trade offer  that probably takes the prize for me so far this off-season was in a league was in a FFPC rules league where I put Julio up as trade bait and got offered rookie pick 1.11. I told the owner I'd try my best to make a suitable counter offer that fit his offer so I offered him 2.9 for Brandin Cooks. Somehow I think we'd able to point to each other if asked to identify which person has made them the worst offer this off-season, except my offer was never meant to be taken seriously. 
Ask him if he "has substance abuse issues.  No one in their right mind would expect someone to accept these offers."

It'll get his attention and stop the nonsense.

Don't even know why I try with some idiots:

tThis was a counter to an opening offer of 2.7 2016 2, 2016 3 and Stills for 2017 1. Admittedly a little light but I've seen this type of trade go through numerous times throughout this offseason.

I got offered 1.11 and Jimmy Graham for my Lamar Miller and Tyler Eifert.
I got offered two second round picks for Lamar Miller.  I'm like WTF!?  I try not to take bad trade offers personally, but I feel like my intelligence is being insulted at times.

I'm relatively new to dynasty fantasy football (2 years running), but I have been playing redraft for over 15 years.  I don't know if I'm in a couple leagues with some other relative newbies or what, but, Jesus, there seems to be a real disconnect with some owners who treat their rookie draft picks like NFL teams treat their draft picks.  Unless you're in a salary cap league they do not equate much at all especially this year's draft class.

Can't remember the offer, but my counteroffer story was funny.  He had been sending me some b.s. trades as the rookie draft was nearing.  I finally got tired of just rejecting and offered a counter of my 3.07 for Reggie Wayne who was never included in any of the previous deals.  This was in May of 2013, fresh off Reggie Wayne 100+ catches, 1,300 yard season.

I came back on the next day to see the trade had been executed.  A week later, about half the league is on the messageboard in the middle of the draft when someone asks him, "Hey, WTF did you do that trade for?"  The guys reply is he had gotten out of surgery a few weeks back and was high on Vicodin when he had woken up, saw a trade offer of Reggie Wayne for a 3rd and thought he was getting Reggie Wayne, not giving.  I felt bad and offered to rescind but he just shrugged and said no.  

Reggie Wayne tears his ACL in week 7 that season.

Can't remember the offer, but my counteroffer story was funny.  He had been sending me some b.s. trades as the rookie draft was nearing.  I finally got tired of just rejecting and offered a counter of my 3.07 for Reggie Wayne who was never included in any of the previous deals.  This was in May of 2013, fresh off Reggie Wayne 100+ catches, 1,300 yard season.

I came back on the next day to see the trade had been executed.  A week later, about half the league is on the messageboard in the middle of the draft when someone asks him, "Hey, WTF did you do that trade for?"  The guys reply is he had gotten out of surgery a few weeks back and was high on Vicodin when he had woken up, saw a trade offer of Reggie Wayne for a 3rd and thought he was getting Reggie Wayne, not giving.  I felt bad and offered to rescind but he just shrugged and said no.  

Reggie Wayne tears his ACL in week 7 that season.
Nice if you to offer, I know some people that would have immediately started defending the trade as legit. I may start sending out offers around 1am now....

Nice if you to offer, I know some people that would have immediately started defending the trade as legit. I may start sending out offers around 1am now....
Yea, I've got friends like that.  Getting over on someone always tugged at this stupid little conscience thing I have.

I got offered 1.11 and Jimmy Graham for my Lamar Miller and Tyler Eifert.
And a year ago before Graham went to Seattle and eifert blew up people would have posted this offer here looking at it from the other side.  Things change fast in the NFL.

Got offered last night in one of my dynasty leagues.

Travis Benjamin and 2.5 rookie pick

for my

Todd Gurley

Couldn't even counter that....

I was offered Kevin White for my 2016 1.04 and three 1st rd picks in 2017 with two being possible high picks. Not even a believer in KW, but thought it was a too much for him.  His counter was the 4 1st, A. Cooper, M. Mariota, Max Williams, for M. Evans and K.W..

Last edited by a moderator:
2016 1.04 and three 1st rd picks in 2017 with two being possible high picks for Kevin White.  Not even a believer in KW, but thought it was a too much for him.  His counter was the 4 1st, A. Cooper, M. Mariota, Max Williams, for M. Evans and K.W..
Wait, you offered 4 firsts for White?

Nice.  So you reject the four 1sts, to then he adds like 4 more 1sts worth of value.  Love it.

edit............No wait, so initially you offered White for 4 1sts??  Haha, he was just following up your horrible offer with his own horrible offer.

Nice.  So you reject the four 1sts, to then he adds like 4 more 1sts worth of value.  Love it.

edit............No wait, so initially you offered White for 4 1sts??  Haha, he was just following up your horrible offer with his own horrible offer.
No he offered it then he countered with the other offer.

Recently been offered Tyrod Taylor, Desean Jackson, and Dion Sims for Cam Newton and CJ Anderson in a 20 team dynasty league.

Said it was a "Starting Point"

Updated trade bait and advised I'd be willing to deal AJ Green but to come strong. Then I receive this POS offer. Worst offer ever received bar none...

Allen Robinson and 4.11 for AJ Green, Aaron Rodgers, 1.04 and 2017 1.

There is bad and then there is just stupidity.

TD heavy, PPR league. Over Easter weekend I was offered the 1.01 and WR D. Thomas for my 1.12, QB D. Carr, WR A. Cooper and a 2017 1st. I politely chuckled and said, "no, thanks..."

Ruffrodys05 said:
TD heavy, PPR league. Over Easter weekend I was offered the 1.01 and WR D. Thomas for my 1.12, QB D. Carr, WR A. Cooper and a 2017 1st. I politely chuckled and said, "no, thanks..."
Does no belong....................

edit...........actually, not even sure which side I prefer.  PROBABLY the Cooper side but Elliot is going to be rather valuable in a TD heavy PPR league, probably valued right with Cooper.  Then Demaryius for the 12, Carr, and 2017 1st is close also.

So, yeah, I dont get why you would think this offer would belong here.

I can see Cooper and Elliott being a wash as Cooper was the number 1 pick last year. But, Demaryius isn't worth close to a 1st and Carr. Not in this league. Whether you think so or not doesn't bother me. It is the worst trade I've been offered in a long while. Hence, I think it belongs. You are free to disagree of course.

I can see Cooper and Elliott being a wash as Cooper was the number 1 pick last year. But, Demaryius isn't worth close to a 1st and Carr. Not in this league. Whether you think so or not doesn't bother me. It is the worst trade I've been offered in a long while. Hence, I think it belongs. You are free to disagree of course.
2 Qb league?  You didn't give any specifics, and since most leagues are NOT 2 QB, I assume one QB.

If a start one QB league, Carr's value isn't all that high at all.

If this is the worst trade offer you have had in a while, it likely means you haven't been offered much.

Midway through last season I offered a 4th round pick for Kevin White, pretty much as a joke since he had just used the 3rd overall pick on him several months prior.

He accepted.

Some people just aren't patient so something that looks like a #### offer could actually turn out well.  That's why people will forever make crap offers.

Midway through last season I offered a 4th round pick for Kevin White, pretty much as a joke since he had just used the 3rd overall pick on him several months prior.

He accepted.

Some people just aren't patient so something that looks like a #### offer could actually turn out well.  That's why people will forever make crap offers.
How can I put this nicely....Do you play in a special needs league or something? That makes zero sense. I can see if the guy was getting something he could use immediately (even if poor value) but why would he rather wait out a 4th round pick then a player he deemed worthy of taking at 1.03 to recover from non career threatening injury? How could he not even counter if he wanted to get rid of White.

I'd have been embarrassed to offer a 4th round pick for White. How did your league react. As a commissioner I'd reluctantly let it go through if I didn't think anything shady was happening but I'd be real pissed at both of you.

How can I put this nicely....Do you play in a special needs league or something? That makes zero sense. I can see if the guy was getting something he could use immediately (even if poor value) but why would he rather wait out a 4th round pick then a player he deemed worthy of taking at 1.03 to recover from non career threatening injury? How could he not even counter if he wanted to get rid of White.

I'd have been embarrassed to offer a 4th round pick for White. How did your league react. As a commissioner I'd reluctantly let it go through if I didn't think anything shady was happening but I'd be real pissed at both of you.
The situation was an odd one, it was about 8 weeks into the season.  He had 4 players and a Def on bye and wanted to pick up a guy that was thrust into the starting role via injury because we have a small bench.  He asked around for interest and literally no one else got back to him in 2-3 days.  To cap it off, he'd arrived 45 minutes late to the draft and as a rule if you're not there your pick is based off a rookie ranking the league agreed upon.  So, he had a player he didn't want, was stressed about grabbing another player, already had Charles and Jordy on IR so no spots left, small bench, and no one was responding to him.  Did he think things through and make a proper decision?  No, definitely not.  Do I regret taking advantage of the situation?  0%

Our Commish was surprised to say the least when this trade went through, but it definitely wasn't collusion so he allowed it.

Was offered Tre McBride, Markus Wheaton, Darren Waller, rookie picks 30, 45, 85, and 101 overall FOR DeAndre Hopkins.  LOL.
Usually the desperate but fallacious justification is "but all those guys combined will score more than Hopkins!"

This one is so bad though, Im not even sure he has even that weak excuse to fall back on...

NJ offers Tannehill, Ryan MIA QB

CEB gives Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.05

not 2QB or superflex...IDP PPR

Not the worst ever, but I want to complain about it,

I give Todd Gurley

I get Maclin, Michael Floyd, and Steve Smith

This is the 3rd or 4th time this owner has tried to acquire Gurley, and this is the best offer of the bunch. I was polite at first and would just decline with no counter, this time I countered his offer.

I give Lacy, Tate and 2.06

I get Antonio Brown

Hopefully he this slows down the horrible offers.

Not worst trade ever received but figured I'd share a funny story.

Offer showed up today:

2.6 for my 2017 1. (I earned the 1.1 this year.)

I countered my 2017 1 for the 1.4 and 2.1.

He emailed me "Geez man". I told him thats how I felt about his offer to which he replied, "General consensus is future 1sts are worth present late 1sts/early 2nds" and "sorry for offering you something I have  seen accepted hundreds of times".

I told him I've literally never seen anyone accept an offer like that. 

To see a trade like that accepted hundreds of times he must be in thousands of leagues with hundreds of teams that have been ongoing for 30 years.

miklia said:
Today in 12 team league was offered the 1.11 for my 2.02, 2.04 and 2.07. ermmm. 
This doesn't belong in here. Unless a typo and is the 1.1 instead of 1.11.

Users who are viewing this thread