What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What is your favorite type of fantasy football? (1 Viewer)

What's your fave?

• Partial Keeper

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dynasty

Votes: 33 33.7%
  • Weekly Salary Cap

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Survival (play any player once)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Auction redraft

Votes: 14 14.3%
  • Auction keeper

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Old school redraft

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • Best Ball

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters

freshly_shorn

Footballguy
I'm pretty old-school in my love for good ol' redraft fantasy football. My biggest league and one closest to my heart began in 1999 and lives on with mostly the same owners. I also play weekly salary cap games, an auction-keeper league and a dynasty league. But, for me, redraft is still my first love. How about you sharks- what's your fave?

Last edited by a moderator:
Played best ball last year for the first time and loved it.
I added a best ball option in poll if you care to vote.
Our basic re-draft league that had been together for 20 years was getting old and stale and was ready to dissolve. Playing best ball injected some life into the league for a change,
Im starting to feel that way with a dynasty league I'm in. I really enjoy the annual drafts, we only get to draft a couple rookies in dynasty. Trading is more active, but not the same thrill for me.

I enjoy my Keeper IDP League the most. We keep 6 Offense/6 Defense. It allows us to have some of the Dynasty aspects while allowing for a decent pool of players at draft time, as well. There's a lot of tough decisions being made when it comes time to "keep" or "drop".

It also makes it easier to get a new owner in when one drops since there are options for the new guy at draft time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Traditional/old school redraft for me.

In all aspects of life, games or serious, I love planning, creating, and setting up. I don't really like maintenance or inheriting anything that pre-exists, even if I am the one who created it. I LOVE to start stuff from scratch.

When I built up my Z28, it wasn't in its final state long before I sold it.

I no longer buy or set up aquariums because the setup was so so much more fun than maintaining the damn thing, even though the setup was so much more work.

In video games I'm the same way. Even if I build up a dominant team or faction or whatever, I quickly move on to trying to do so again, whereas some people like to dominate/steamroll with their ####.

I enjoy weekly salary cap. Which means I can buy any player I can afford even if my opponent has him too. The weekly price change rewards you for picking an undervalued player. It seems to level the playing field every year and every week.

I voted partial keeper.

My main league is comprised of 90% of the original owners over the past 15 years. We started off as an old-school redraft then added a keep-2 rule a few years ago--but can only keep players drafted in round 4 or later (+3 rounds the following year), can't keep 2 players at the same position and can't keep the same player two years in a row. It rewards informed drafting and waiver watching but still mixes things up enough year to year to keep it interesting.

I'm pretty old-school in my love for good ol' redraft fantasy football. My biggest league and one closest to my heart began in 1999 and lives on with mostly the same owners. I also play weekly salary cap games, an auction-keeper league and a dynasty league. But, for me, redraft is still my first love. How about you sharks- what's your fave?
What site can you play the weekly salary cap leagues on?

I enjoy dynasty leagues very much but the thrill of draft night for a re-draft league is the best high.

Definitely old school serpentine redrafting. It's a ton of fun and the draft party is really enjoyable (if you're all home friends). Just sit around with pizzas and beers for a couple of hours and draft your teams out with a randomized draft order.

Old school redraft for me.

I lurk the board during the offseason and I watch all the dynasty players talk about every and any bit of news that affects their fantasy teams. While I admire the conviction, I don't think I could or would want to watch over a roster 12 months out of the year. Redraft is exhausting enough. I enjoy the break and can't even remember much of the roster from last year's redraft.

I'm certainly not trying to criticize dynasty players here. They usually are the most informed FF players, and their offseason discussion is very interesting. Yet, there is a certain freedom in not having an active roster while reading and discussing some of the threads on this board. A lot of otherwise good opinions/analysis is lost in individual biases based on individual roster ownership. Some guys get caught up in "defending their guy", to the point where they lose objectivity (read Agenda).

Old school redraft offers me a chance to relax and recharge with an open mind, and be prepare to shift gears from ideas and philosphies that were true last year but are different today.

1. Redraft.

2. Auction but it's quickly closing the gap and will probably pass redraft soon.

3. Dynasty

4. Everything else

What site can you play the weekly salary cap leagues on?
Fan duel.

Users who are viewing this thread