What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

what kind of music do you work to? (1 Viewer)

Maik Jeaunz

Footballguy
you're at work with an uninterrupted hour ahead of you. so you throw on your headphones, ready to get down to business...what music do you put on? what motivates you and gets you in that 'state of flow'?

just curious as to what other people listen to while working, and maybe to get some inspiration. for the most part, I like instrumental music while working, and I'm open to most anything. EDM, house, electro, jazz, classical, metal...what you got?

if you give me a specific artist or song name, I will try to check it out and give my personalized HOT TAKE.

I'm listening to music when I'm at my desk, pretty much all day. so... it's the music I like- generally post-punk/indie/garage. 

only keep one ear-bud in because I don't like tuning out my environment. 

eta: I will say, LCD Soundsystem is a can't miss for me when I'm under deadline and having to work later into the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm listening to music when I'm at my desk, pretty much all day. so... it's the music I like- generally post-punk/indie/garage. 

eta: I will say, LCD Soundsystem is a can't miss for me when I'm under deadline and having to work later into the night.
yep, I do the one ear bud thing a lot too so that when people walk by my office I still look semi-accessible. usually if I want to send a clear signal that I'm blocking out the world, I'll close my door.

you're at work with an uninterrupted hour ahead of you. so you throw on your headphones, ready to get down to business...what music do you put on? what motivates you and gets you in that 'state of flow'?

just curious as to what other people listen to while working, and maybe to get some inspiration. for the most part, I like instrumental music while working, and I'm open to most anything. EDM, house, electro, jazz, classical, metal...what you got?

if you give me a specific artist or song name, I will try to check it out and give my personalized HOT TAKE.
I listen to Colin Cowherd from 9-12 PT then put on Pandora (John Digweed - house/trance) from 12 until I leave for the day.  

Honestly, I'm thinking of just converting over to Pandora full-time because I really don't listen to Cowherd... it's kind of just noise.

I've been listening to LCD's 45:33 basically all day.  Good focus music. 

I listen to Colin Cowherd from 9-12 PT then put on Pandora (John Digweed - house/trance) from 12 until I leave for the day.  

Honestly, I'm thinking of just converting over to Pandora full-time because I really don't listen to Cowherd... it's kind of just noise.
I can get down with John Digweed. the perfect kind of music to put on and forget about. ambient, and good for concentration.

yes to all of these! I love me some harpsichord. makes me feel fancy.

and Bill Evans is something I may listen to when chilling at the house, similar to good ol' Vince Guaraldi.

Bill Evans Trio is awesome music for a dinner party.
The 555 Scarlatti sonatas were written for harpsichord but i prefer them on piano. They truly sound like they were written recently and he's the same age as JSBach. Remarkable that way

Love the Trio and they are indeed great background, but prefer Evans' solo work or his Conversations With Myself, where he double/triple dubs his own solo piano and jams with himself. He has helped me soooo much in my songwriting, because he knows where all the notes live & when to use them (AND does it on the fly), but his subtlety and his going down blind alleys to find stuff and reference it back to how he began continues to help my mind reach farther.

And "Ah, Bach" - the Gould stuff, the Yo Yo Ma stuff, the piano suites, everything. But if you've GOT to finish sumn toNITE, throw Art of the Fugue on. It'll mess you up and put you back together like THAT and you'll find ideas on the page that you never thought yourself capable of. nufced

And "Ah, Bach" - the Gould stuff, the Yo Yo Ma stuff, the piano suites, everything. But if you've GOT to finish sumn toNITE, throw Art of the Fugue on. It'll mess you up and put you back together like THAT and you'll find ideas on the page that you never thought yourself capable of. nufced
I just put this album on. it feels like I just injected caffeine directly into my brain.

Depends on the day, but if I really need to focus on something, I usually go with something catchy enough to keep me going with minimal lyrics.  Over the past few years, that has been mostly the loosely-defined genre of "deep house" / "chill house" / "chillout" / "Balearic" / "downtempo",  or "jazz rap"/"nu jazz".  Spotify has a bunch of good playlists and mix albums that I'll just throw on and let play.

If I'm in a pissed off mood and really get something done, I'll put on some more aggressive indie rock/post-punk type stuff.

Otherwise it's just whatever I'm in the mood for that day.

I can get down with John Digweed. the perfect kind of music to put on and forget about. ambient, and good for concentration.
Exactly.  I also do two, 15-20 minute walks around my business park every weekday so it's good for that too.

Depends on the day, but if I really need to focus on something, I usually go with something catchy enough to keep me going with minimal lyrics.  Over the past few years, that has been mostly the loosely-defined genre of "deep house" / "chill house" / "chillout" / "Balearic" / "downtempo",  or "jazz rap"/"nu jazz".  Spotify has a bunch of good playlists and mix albums that I'll just throw on and let play.

If I'm in a pissed off mood and really get something done, I'll put on some more aggressive indie rock/post-punk type stuff.

Otherwise it's just whatever I'm in the mood for that day.
at the moment, you are winning the day. I popped on a "Balearic Essentials" playlist, and the second song that came on was "Something About You" by Level 42. totally made my day!

For working out i have one of those old tiny clip on Apple shuffles. Put about 30 random songs on it and change them up a lot. All kinds of stuff. Public Enemy, some pop stuff, some Ratatat, mostly fast tempo stuff. 

My MacBook ran out of space and had to #### around with iTunes last night. Had to put all my music on the cloud, plugged the shuffle in to charge and it took all the music off for some reason. iTunes sabotage.

Didn’t realize until I got to gym and my shuffle had nada. Workout is pretty lame without it. Still wore the shuffle and the earbuds with no music for some reason :lol:

I randomize my top 25,000 playlist.

Lots of Stephen Malkmus in the morning, and Hugh Dillon in the afternoon for the necessary pick-me-up.

ETA: Just discovered Stephen Malkmus has a new album out - Sparkle Hard.  Fantastic title!  I'll be in my room.

I have my own office in which I'm in for all but maybe 5 hours each week, so I'm on system overload trying to answer this question. I listen to music all day every day and it totally depends on what I'm doing what I choose to listen to. 

If I had to just set it and forget it then I probably go to my Tool catalog then just play the last three albums beginning to end.

Depends on my mood.

everything from Boards of Canada and Aphex Twin to Lamb of God and Behemoth... and everything in between.

I tend to listen to live sets the most though. A lot of Primus, Deftones and Tool lately.

Spotify radios based off:

Luca D'Alberto

Skyward by Two Thirds

Brain Power (ironically and sometimes unironically)

Users who are viewing this thread