What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What TE are you benching for Sudfeld week 1 (assuming Gronk is out) (1 Viewer)

JustinHawkins

Footballguy
Picked up Sudfeld in a bunch of PPR dynasty leagues last night. Assuming Gronk is inactive week 1 (very likely) just curious who some of you sharks are benching in favor of him for week 1 vs the Bills?

I'm all in on Gronk. Drafted him in all 3 redraft leagues.

My question for the shark pool.

Would we rather see Sudfield struggle/not be involved?

It would we rather see him thrive and know that Gronk can come in an still thrive with another productive TE?

Apologies if this is a little off topic, but didn't think it deserved its own thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gronk has been elite with Hernandez so see no reason it won't continue even if Sudfeld explodes in the regular season too.

Can we not do these "who are you benching for player X" this year? They feel so very assistant coach-ish. Really clutters up the front page.

Can we not do these "who are you benching for player X" this year? They feel so very assistant coach-ish. Really clutters up the front page.
Sorry you feel that way. I honestly think it is Shark Pool worthy. Sudfeld is a big unknown but a hot topic right now. I think a lot of us like to see what others are thinking and doing when it comes to a new or unproven commodity.

Sorry you feel that way. I honestly think it is Shark Pool worthy. Sudfeld is a big unknown but a hot topic right now. I think a lot of us like to see what others are thinking and doing when it comes to a new or unproven commodity.
I agree with Ninja. Maybe put this in the Sudfeld thread than? Right now, I also think the Forte vs Johnson "close call" postings are also a bit assistant coach-ish. It may not be a lineup decision, but it's pretty close.

I will bench m. Bennett for him in all likelihood.

I will also probably be benching Antonio gates for him. That is by far my biggest name player to consider but will likely want to see what the chargers look like this year.

Debating Sudfeld or Gonz week 1 in PPR... think I have to go Gonz because ATL plays NO. Against a better defense I might roll the dice on Sudfeld. I would lead Suds more in non-PPR, too, since he's a good bet for a touchdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Ninja. Maybe put this in the Sudfeld thread than? Right now, I also think the Forte vs Johnson "close call" postings are also a bit assistant coach-ish. It may not be a lineup decision, but it's pretty close.
I'm one to blow the "belongs in the AC forum" whistle regularly over the years but these sort of threads on unknown quantities (rookies, injury comebacks, etc) are rather common in the Shark Pool during the first few weeks of the year.

For me it's between Cameron and Sudfeld. If Sudfeld does indeed start, I think I'd have to go with him.
I'm boarding this boat.
wow, total opposite position here. With Gordon suspended the first several weeks, my thinking is Cameron is going to be money and the red zone target.
But can't you say the same for Sudfeld with no Gronk? I like both of these guys, gonna be tough to pick 1.

For me it's between Cameron and Sudfeld. If Sudfeld does indeed start, I think I'd have to go with him.
I'm boarding this boat.
wow, total opposite position here. With Gordon suspended the first several weeks, my thinking is Cameron is going to be money and the red zone target.
But can't you say the same for Sudfeld with no Gronk? I like both of these guys, gonna be tough to pick 1.
Good points. Now I'm torn.

The only league I have him in I also have Finley and JThomas. I'm probably rolling with Finley, and hoping all three have big days, so I can start working trades.

I'm boarding this boat.
Good points. Now I'm torn.
Sudfeld v. BUF (2nd easiest TE SOS for week 1)

Cameron v. MIA (3rd hardest TE SOS for week 1)

I have to choose between Sudfeld and Fred Davis vs the Eagles. The Eagles is probably one of the the only TE matchups better than the Bills in week 1.

Gonna need a few days on this one.

I'm one to blow the "belongs in the AC forum" whistle regularly over the years but these sort of threads on unknown quantities (rookies, injury comebacks, etc) are rather common in the Shark Pool during the first few weeks of the year.
Exactly. Which is why I politely asked that we not do that this year. It won't work, but they say it never hurts to ask...

I also agree with PK that the "close call" threads are very questionable. In a perfect world, each player would have his own thread with succinct, pertinent discussion on him and everyone would use the data they find in those threads to make their own decisions rather than begging for help deciding between two players or who to draft with the #5 pick. That's AC material

Users who are viewing this thread