What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Valuable Lessons Have You Learned From Other FBG Posters Over The Years? (28/30) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood." - Helen Keller

"The wiser you get, the luckier you feel." - Maxime Lagacé

"Enjoy yourself – it’s later than you think." - Socrates

Here is another topic that is designed to increase discussion and participation in the FFA. Many people have been here for many many years. Some posters have been regular every day posters here for up to 20 years or more.

What valuable lessons have you learned from other FBG members over the years? Maybe its a tip on how to do something, how to fix something, how to cook something, how to handle a job interview, how to deal with a difficult child and so on and so forth. I am excluding myself from the thread and asking all posters to exclude me from any potential replies. Too much potential for personal attack and derailing the thread. I suggest using the "ping" feature i.e. " @ " to the posters you are talking about, so this will let them know someone is speaking well of them and learned something from them. This will uplift morale in this community and encourage many long time dormant posters to come out and possibly participate again.

Be positive and keep it positive, the goal is to uplift others around you here. Women generally communicate by talking about other people, social dynamics and social hierarchies, this is how they have typically survived over the years. Men, however, when they congregate, tend to talk about how to do things, how to fix things, how to problem solve. without this, the human race would have never survived.

I will start - I appreciate @johnnycakes ,one time many years ago, he talked about his struggles with his sobriety ( not a secret here ) and how he had to accept he was the bad person he used to criticize and said he would never be and thus facing that made him change for the better I found that to be extremely authentic. There was a lesson in there for myself and hearing that perspective helped me.

I am going to invite @Joe Bryant into the thread. Also @David Dodds. I believe it would be good to have a place for Joe to talk about the contributors here who have enriched the place over the many years and boost morale. One of the great tragedies in this life is that men are too isolated and go long stretches without hearing anything positive about themselves. We are expected to sacrifice, bleed, toil and die under a yoke and then do it in total silence.

Let us all do our part to change that now. Go on, uplift each other

I'll leave this here for others to discuss. (28/30)

Last edited:
How to gamble better

Food/cooking/bourbon stuff

Vegas and other travel threads always helpful, especially when locals chime in

I get a lot of valuable information here.

I used to get my politics here, I felt like for awhile both sides were civil and I got differing viewpoints, sometimes both sides made good points. Then it just got ugly and party lines were hard drawn, most threads were down to the usual personal attacks by page 3

Bottom line: you want advice about something someone here can likely help. Hell I bet if I started a rock tumbling thread someone would have a 5 paragraph dissertation on it

Oh and the Disney thread was especially helpful

I'm super thankful for all the contributions here. As I've said many times, probably from Day One, this forum is the result of what you folks do.

And we're all in this together.

Thank you.

Same as day one went from being an idea in my life to a truism thanks to this board.

Also, my knowledge of soccer has grown by orders of magnitude because of this board.

@Todem for all the fantastic investment advice and recommendations! I took the chance when I had more time during the early-on covid days, have been in the positive and building ever since.

Thanks Todem, for helping me and so many others! You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

I don't know who started the thread, but the baby wipe suggestion all those years ago still effects me multiple times a day.

Does anyone use baby wipes on themselves?​

@ATRAIN56

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/does-anyone-use-baby-wipes-on-themselves.312191/

Looks like ATRAIN56 started the thread in 2007

Maybe "pinging" him will cause him to come back and post a little more in current times.

You guys see what I'm doing here. Buy in with this for a while. "Ping" others and I bet you'll see some of the old names from the old days you remember will eventually show up and maybe start posting a little more.

Food/cooking/bourbon stuff

***Official Cooking Discussion Thread***​

Thank you @Dan Lambskin for sharing.

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/official-cooking-discussion-thread.703810/post-16510672

@Mr. Ected with a good tip on cooking knives

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/official-cooking-discussion-thread.703810/post-16510700

@skrzycki shared his own food blog

https://thestainedcookbook.wordpress.com/

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/official-cooking-discussion-thread.703810/post-16510816

@John Bender with a good tip on making meat balls

The first two guys have not been here since 2020, Bender not since 2021.

Some of you guys want to see some of the old names from the old days come back? Then "ping" them and let them know the things they've shared was noteworthy and appreciated.

Keep your posts brief and to the point. Less is more.

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." - Lao Tzu

My Stock Value Strategy Starts Now

Thread Starter - @David Dodds

Start Date - Jan 8, 2009

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/my-stock-value-strategy-starts-now.451703/

This stock thread by David Dodds in the old days was very interesting. I didn't agree with some things, but it was a good entry level discussion for lots of FBG members who were otherwise new to that kind of methodology.

@northern exposure , if you have a personal problem, feel free to PM me in private.

Let's try that again, as I ping the @FBG Moderator , if you have a personal problem, you are welcome to PM me in private.

Users who are viewing this thread