What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What we've learned after week 7 (1 Viewer)

TheFanatic

Footballguy
Turns out the Vikes can cover a TE. I mean, sure, the Vikes allowed at least 1 TD to TE's for 5 straight weeks, but against the Pack, they actually held the TE's to 0 TD's. How did the Iggles do that to LT? And how did the Cowboys do that to Alexander AND lose the game.Cinci plays the Steelers at home and they look like the Bengals of the mid 90's. Have they beat a good team yet?Houston hung tough with Indy for a while, but we all knew that wouldn't last. And all you DDavis haters out there: he may have only had a 3.5 ypc, but 98 yards and a TD vs Indy is still impressive.....David Carr throwing for 48 is pretty weak, but he did complete 66% of his passes as he went 6 for 9 :X Kicking woes continued this week. When did pro kicking become worse than Division 1 college kicking?Eli may not have had the best FFB stats, but I'm on the bandwagon. That guy is goodJJ Arrington, 5 carries for 30 yards. 6.0 ypc? Maybe this kid will figure out how to be a RB one of these daysGonzo caught more than a third of KC's completions against the Phins. Is Gonzo on his way back? :yes: SJax can't buy a 100 yard game in 2005. 3 yards short this week, but he's having a great year none the less.....What have you guys got for the week?

Turns out the Vikes can cover a TE. I mean, sure, the Vikes allowed at least 1 TD to TE's for 5 straight weeks, but against the Pack, they actually held the TE's to 0 TD's.

How did the Iggles do that to LT? And how did the Cowboys do that to Alexander AND lose the game.

Cinci plays the Steelers at home and they look like the Bengals of the mid 90's. Have they beat a good team yet?

Houston hung tough with Indy for a while, but we all knew that wouldn't last. And all you DDavis haters out there: he may have only had a 3.5 ypc, but 98 yards and a TD vs Indy is still impressive.....David Carr throwing for 48 is pretty weak, but he did complete 66% of his passes as he went 6 for 9 :X

Kicking woes continued this week. When did pro kicking become worse than Division 1 college kicking?

Eli may not have had the best FFB stats, but I'm on the bandwagon. That guy is good

JJ Arrington, 5 carries for 30 yards. 6.0 ypc? Maybe this kid will figure out how to be a RB one of these days

Gonzo caught more than a third of KC's completions against the Phins. Is Gonzo on his way back? :yes:

SJax can't buy a 100 yard game in 2005. 3 yards short this week, but he's having a great year none the less.....

What have you guys got for the week?
Good job. Would it matter if: JJ Arrington, 5 carries for 30 yards. 6.0 ypc? Maybe this kid will figure out how to be a RB one of these days included one carry for 32 yards and four for minus two yards?

And how did the Cowboys do that to Alexander AND lose the game.
Josh Brown baby. :D
JJ Arrington, 5 carries for 30 yards. 6.0 ypc? Maybe this kid will figure out how to be a RB one of these days
Keep in mind he had a 32-yard run. That means his other four carries went for negative yardage. :X Some of my thoughts: I'm stunned that in a game featuring two of the league's better defenses and two of the league's worst offenses in bad conditions neither the Bears nor Ravens could force a single takeaway. I sure didn't see that coming. I think we can now officially stick a fork in the Packers. Even in the NFC North. I think Willis McGahee needs to keep his mouth shut and just play. And I'm a big McGahee fan. But all he did was p**s off the Raiders and he went out and stunk the joint up. I think Any Reid should be exhaling deeply because his offense did everything in its power to try and lose that game today and yet the Eagles still won. Reid's former mentor, Mike Holmgren, should be counting his lucky stars too because his Seahawks didn't look good at home and still found a way to win. I don't think the Titans are going anywhere with an offense that features passes to the TE as their first, second, third and fourth options. I think Muhsin Muhammad and Derrick Mason are probably longing for the good old days in Carolina and Tennessee. Maybe Billy Volek isn't better than Steve McNair after all. I think Joe Horn owners are watching Donte Stallworth and Az Hakim go off every week and weeping at what might have been. I think Edgerrin James is having the contract year to beat all contract years. And the Colts would be smart to pony up and keep him. I think it's impressive enough to kick a game-winning FG in most situations. But when you nail one from beyond 50 yards it's really impressive. Major props to Josh Brown and Paul Edinger for coming through big-time in the clutch.

I learned I'm no longer surprised when Eli outperforms Peyton in fantasy numbers yet again.I learned I just might want to be more patient and give Ricky Williams a little more time after seeing LT go for -6 yards on his first 10 carries.Edge still has more 100+ yards games than he doesn't, AND he's just passed LT for RuYds so far this season. And this year he's getting more goalline carries too. So I guess what I learned is that Edge could possibly go at pick #1 again in next years redraft if this keeps up.And I learned to never believe the Cowboys have a win in the bag until the last second clicks off of the clock. No wait... I learned that a few weeks ago, didn't I?

I think it's impressive enough to kick a game-winning FG in most situations. But when you nail one from beyond 50 yards it's really impressive. Major props to Josh Brown and Paul Edinger for coming through big-time in the clutch.
:goodposting: :horns:

Jamal Lewis is the worst starting RB in the AFC
I hate to say it but I think you might be right. Droughns might be his only competition.He might be #30, above Shipp/Arrington and Barlow.

I hate to say it but I think you might be right. Droughns might be his only competition.He might be #30, above Shipp/Arrington and Barlow.
Droughns ran well today against a pretty tough Detroit D. I'd take him in a heartbeat over dancing Jamal.

Chad Johnson is no Terrell Owens.If you are gonna calll attention to yourself doing a gay jig, make sure you have the touchdown actually scored first.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Lions QB threw for over 200 yards and RAN for a TD! :clap: Portis can cross the goal line! :clap:Brett Favre's Packers are 1-5 but there isn't another QB I'd rather have on my fantasy team. :thumbup: Frustration at A. Brooks goofy performances earned him a lot of abuse, but he is putting up stats. Poor Brandon Lloyd...he was poised for a breakout year. :( Any RB you have + Houston D = :excited: Biggest transformation of the year occurred when Brunell threw those two bombs against Dallas. He went from garbage to mega-stud. I think the light clicked on, that Moss can stretch the field and that slinging the ball around can yield results. I thought Brunell was done X 2 but he is shredding up the league right now. The original post mentioned the horror of NFL kicking, but I can't remember a year with more 50+ yard boots. Maybe accuracy is down, but leg strength is abundant.

I would much rather have barlow, he would be good on a decent team, how many 7yd games has barlow had. And his team doesn't even stay in games where you would need to run, yet he still outproduces Lewis weekly.

I'm wondering if the lack of touches (until late in the game) by C.Taylor was a sign that this was Jamal's week to prove he still deserved the job. They've got a must-win game vs. PIT next week and yards are going to be tough to come by as it is- it will be interesting to hear his comments this week.Observances:

DEN finally let a game slip out of their hands. I don't think Shanahan was paying attention to NYG having two timeouts left. They were trying too hard to get to Eli and not covering the short stuff over the middle. Losing Darrent Williams didn't help, but when a guy runs a route to the back of the end zone, you need to keep him pinned back there.

Also, what's stopping DEN from putting Anderson and Bell in the backfield at the same time? Anderson's a good inside runner, Bell's outside. If they started blocking for each other, they could be a dangerous tandem back there. DEN's always been a one-man backfield, but those two + Plummer could be a clock-controlling force to be reckoned with...

Is there a more Jekyll + Hyde defense today than the Dallas Cowboys?

Anybody else think Portis just used up his TD carries for the next 6 games? Also nice to see WAS play a game without giving up a turnover.

I bet a lot of juggernaut teams with LT2 or Shaun Alexander came a little back down to earth this week. Likewise, fringe teams that have been hoping and praying on the likes of Lamont Jordan and Portis probably took a step towards .500...

A QB by any other name in DET still doesn't throw TDs...

Anyone else secretly hoping for a 4-way tie in either the NFC North or the NFC East this season?

I think that the last-place team in the NFC East this year might be 9-7, and that team might also be the Eagles.

Don't start QBs that are playing for the first time. And don't judge a QB based on what he does the first week he starts. Sometimes, Trent Dilfer is Trent Dilfer, Drew Bledsoe is Drew Bledsoe, and Kelly Holcomb is Kelly Holcomb. But I expect we'll see that Vinny Testaverde isn't Vinny Testaverde anymore. The Cards really, really need an offensive line. The Bengals are still a relatively inexperienced team with a relatively inexperienced coach. When the running game's working, you stick with it. Randy Moss played well through pain, just like he's done in the past, and he helped his team win. The Bills D makes running backs look good. The Chiefs are a better team with Roaf back. Unfortunately, when their running game is going well, they tend to forget about the vertical passing game. Bench Kennison until further notice, but get Gonzo back in the lineup. The Denver backfield isn't worth the headache. McNabb is taking a pounding back there. He was fresh off the bye week, but he didn't look it by the end of the game. There's no way he's going to last 16 games.

I was very, very wrong about Edge. All those fears about his red zone inefficiency, the Colts multi-weaponed passing attack, the potentially pourous D returning for another season. With the 3rd pick in a redraft (with a lottery held one week before) I went back and forth between Priest and Edge, Edge or Priest. I chose the Padre (w/LJ in the 4th). I sincerely hope I don't regret that decision.I still have no qualms about trading FWP for Fitz, but if today proved anything, the rumors of Fast Willie's demise are greatly exhaggerated.Houston showed some heart today, but they are still a very bad football team.The Vikings may just win the NFC North by default, but my hunch is Chicago surprises in the end.

-SF should never have benched(and then traded) Rattay. They will have the #1 overall pick next year.-Mark Brunell is one of the best QBs in the game right now. Its not a fluke that hes putting up great stats. His throws really are close to perfect.-Cincy is overrated. They have played two good teams, and are 0-2 in those games.-NE will win the AFC East, and although their record won't be great, nobody wants to draw them in the playoffs.-God hates the Saints-There are major problems in Baltimore. A coaching change might be needed.-A Gates is the best TE in football by far.

Things I learned this week:- LT isn't from Krypton (he's still amazing, though)- Cinci isn't there yet- Eli and Plax are for real- The Denver RB situation is only usable if you are really in needAnd on a more personal note...- My team might have made the jump from pretender to contender

We've also learned that Thomas Jones is the real deal and that Jerry Angelo is an ######## for drafting Cedric Benson in the first place.We've also learned that the Bears D, when healthy, is Top 5 in the league.

I'm wondering if the lack of touches (until late in the game) by C.Taylor was a sign that this was Jamal's week to prove he still deserved the job. They've got a must-win game vs. PIT next week and yards are going to be tough to come by as it is- it will be interesting to hear his comments this week.
Sorry to hijack! :bag: I just hope that they don't decide to give the rock to Taylor this week against PIT, he performs badly, and they go back to Jamal. :scared:

Jamie Martin should NOT be an NFL quarterback.Yes, his stats were okay.If you watched the game, though...you saw a travesty.

"DEN finally let a game slip out of their hands. I don't think Shanahan was paying attention to NYG having two timeouts left. They were trying too hard to get to Eli and not covering the short stuff over the middle. Losing Darrent Williams didn't help, but when a guy runs a route to the back of the end zone, you need to keep him pinned back there."I hope after weeks of letting leads slip away in the fourth quarter and finally losing, the Broncos will learn to put opponents away. :boxing:

I also forgot to add: Ahman Green makes Chris Brown look like an iron man. The play he went down didn't look that bad, but now they're saying he has a quad injury and could be done for the season. :bye:

We've also learned that the Bears D, when healthy, is Top 5 in the league.
Beat me to it. That defense is FIERCE and is not giving up much of anything. And another seemingly solid matchup against the Lions looms next week.

-SF should never have benched(and then traded) Rattay. They will have the #1 overall pick next year.

-Mark Brunell is one of the best QBs in the game right now. Its not a fluke that hes putting up great stats. His throws really are close to perfect.

-Cincy is overrated. They have played two good teams, and are 0-2 in those games.

-NE will win the AFC East, and although their record won't be great, nobody wants to draw them in the playoffs.

-God hates the Saints

-There are major problems in Baltimore. A coaching change might be needed.

-A Gates is the best TE in football by far.
I think Shockey is right there with him.

That maybe Brandon Jacobs isn't going to steal all the short yardage TDs, imagine that. Seriously, what happened to this guy, he's MIA after being hyped big time by Giant fans on this board.

That maybe Brandon Jacobs isn't going to steal all the short yardage TDs, imagine that. Seriously, what happened to this guy, he's MIA after being hyped big time by Giant fans on this board.
What happened to Jacobs is that Coughlin was not to pleased with the rookie the game before when he fumbled in the red zone.

What happened to Jacobs is that Coughlin was not to pleased with the rookie the game before when he fumbled in the red zone.
It couldn't of been that he is too big and runs upright to be an effective goaline back could it? I've got to find some of those Jacobs love fest posts from before the season.

WTF was up with that "waiter" crap?
He was "serving up" a TD. His best of the year so far.Lamont jordan's chainsaw is the easy leader thus far this season. Did you see him shaking when he started that thing up? :lmao:

I learned that Culpepper actually can produce positive fantasy points for my team. Wish I hadn't benched him for McCown this week. Hopefully this signals better things to come from Daunte.

I will tell you that the thing that impresses me is the Steelers. It just goes to show u that in the NFL if u want to win on the road u have to run the ball and they just rammed it down the Bengals. PERIOD!Thomas Jones is good! Real ####### good!Officiating is just horrible this year. I have never seen it so bad. Maybe it is a lack of discipline from teams this year but that awful call in the Philly SD game was just about as lame as it gets.Speaking of the Eagles- it is over for this team. To win on a desperation call after getting a lucky bounce on a blocked field goal just tells me they are not going far at all. No running game and teams are playing up for them. McNabb is so overrated it is sick. If he is hurt than stay out and get healthy. Don't tell me the guy is hurt and then he throws 75% of the time because they cannot run the ball. The Giants and the Redskins are the class of this division and Dallas will have a say once J.Jones gets back to 100% which might not be possible.The Packers are in BIG TIME trouble. I feel for Favre a bit but as a Bears fan not all that much. They were shut down in the second half. Yeah give the Vikings some credit for not folding but GB might not win more than 3 games the rest of the way.Joey Harrington is bad. Real bad! Once Jeff Garcia takes a beating it will be over in Detroit.Speaking of the Bears- Will Tommie Harris ever show up?Give some credit to KC for taking it to the Dolphins. The Chiefs jump on a plane after a practice and proceed to whip the stuffing out of Miami. Priest Holmes and LJ will take this team far and they have to because the Chiefs have no wide outs and the defense gives it away like a small town harlot.THE G-MEN! WoW! I am eating some crow on Eli Manning but and I mean BUT where in the heck did Toomer come from? Right place right time snaps Denver's winning streak!Mark Brunell- your 2005 come back player of the year!And the Cream of the Crop- well that would have to be the Colts! If they stay healthy it might be over...

And the Cream of the Crop- well that would have to be the Colts! If they stay healthy it might be over...
I want to see them beat a good team on the road before I call them the best team in the league. They have beaten the 49ers, Texans, Rams, Jaguars, Ravens, Titans and Browns. That is not exactly the cream of the crop in the NFL. The Jaguars are the only good team there and they eeked out a 10-3 home win against them. Sure, they are beating everyone they are supposed to, but the real test is in two weeks when they play the Patriots. If they can finally beat New England, then I will say they are the best team. If they lose to them again, they are merely the same old Colts who are more likely to lose in January than they are to win the Super Bowl.

^Fair enough GR (love the RUSH reference) but they have to just take care of business and they have done just that. They have one of the best defensive players in the NFL in Freeney and they have the most consistent RB in the league. This will take them a long way. As for the Pats, I agree that it will be a mental hump for them to get over but the Pats have to get healthy and take care of their division or they can beat the Colts and still lose HF advantage. The Colts are a team that is hungry and the history of the NFL shows that teams that come close with this talent have their year. With the defense and Edge keeping the sleeping monster of the passing game dormant they are the team to beat in the NFL- 49'ers, Pats, Browns- it does not matter as they are racking up the wins and being 6-0 headed to the bye week is strong. They rest while the Pats have to face the Bills which will be a victory. If the Pats can get Dillon back healthy it will be a great game but we are two weeks away from that one...

Sure, they are beating everyone they are supposed to, but the real test is in two weeks when they play the Patriots a few weeks when they play @Cincy followed by Pittsburgh.
Fixed.

I don't think it's as much this as Barber's change of tune after starting the season saying 'I want Jacobs to help lessen the load and get the tough yards' to 'I want more carries' now.

I think Joe Horn owners are watching Donte Stallworth and Az Hakim go off every week and weeping at what might have been.
Yup. :kicksrock:
I feel your pain. 2 Weeks ago Horn got me all of 0. TRaded for Stallworth before last week's games. He had a decent game, but then again, he was playing the Rams....

Speaking of the Eagles- it is over for this team. To win on a desperation call after getting a lucky bounce on a blocked field goal just tells me they are not going far at all. No running game and teams are playing up for them. McNabb is so overrated it is sick. If he is hurt than stay out and get healthy. Don't tell me the guy is hurt and then he throws 75% of the time because they cannot run the ball. The Giants and the Redskins are the class of this division and Dallas will have a say once J.Jones gets back to 100% which might not be possible.
The Eagles DON'T run the ball - nobody knows if they CAN run the ball. If you run the ball and get 2 yds you are allowed to call another run play and MAY even get more on the next run. I keep waiting for Andy Reid to realize that passing the ball 50 times means McNabb takes a beating every game and will not last the season. While I don't see much hope for the Eagles to return to the Super Bowl this season, I do expect them to win the NFC East. Maybe the Giants will instead but the Redskins??? Where does all this Redskins love come from? Yes - they are 4-2 but they very easily could be 1-5. Let's not get carried away with the Redskins! I also learned this week that I have too many fantasy teams. In one I need Coles and the Atlanta Defense to stay close to Dunn & Crumpler's numbers BUT in the other I'm up by 19 pts and he has Coles and the Atlanta D. :wall:

I learned that New Orleans and it's football team are having a really crappy year. Both McAllister and Horn go down plus they seem to be getting bad calls every week - for them this season can't end soon enough.

I learned that Eli is going to be as good in pressure situations as he was at Ole' Miss.

Willie

On the road traveling all day yesterday so did not get to watch any games...but listened in to ESPN...Later in the day Eric whatever and Eric Allen? were discussing who is the second best team? Eric Host went with the Broncos and Eric Allen the Cowboys, both continually bringing up the game scores...Both lost, wonder how far they'll back up.Speaking of Dallas, do you get the feeling you are watching an NBA game with them? Safe leads against the Redskins earlier and the Seahawks yesterday disappeared in the closing seconds.

FWP continues to a FF nightmare, owners will trade him this week as Willie is to hot/cold to count on for regular starter.

I think Joe Horn owners are watching Donte Stallworth and Az Hakim go off every week and weeping at what might have been.
Yup. :kicksrock:
I feel your pain. 2 Weeks ago Horn got me all of 0. TRaded for Stallworth before last week's games. He had a decent game, but then again, he was playing the Rams....
Yup.Stallworth was taken, and tried to get Hakim, but he fell to another team who had waiver wire preference.

In week 5, played Greg Lewis for an underwhelming 3 points.

In week 6, played the new "breakout" guy Chris Henry who tallied a majestic zero points.

But... I did snatch Brunell this week which put me over the top. :D

Users who are viewing this thread