What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would life be like if conservatives had their way? (1 Viewer)

OP.....So you mean like the extreme right, or ur average conservative?  

The former could be pretty rough, which I don't see happening ever......the latter is kinda what we need, imo.  We need some balance.  The pendulum needs to swing back a bit, which I think is what we are seeing.  The left is turning our country into an expensive #### hole

World's top 10 most conservative nations.

Yemen    
Mali    
Iran    
Pakistan    
Chad    
Egypt
Saudi Arabia    
Lebanon
Eswatini
Ethiopia    
How can you compare any of these countries to the US?  You think your average conservative American wants anything close to what strict Muslim countries have?  Put the pipe down homes.

The former could be pretty rough, which I don't see happening ever......the latter is kinda what we need, imo.  We need some balance.  The pendulum needs to swing back a bit, which I think is what we are seeing.  The left is turning our country into an expensive #### hole
Average conservative was the thought. 

I would say your traditional conservative. 

Yesterday House Republicans voted no on benefits for vets exposed to toxic substances

Yesterday House Republicans voted no on an Amber Alert system for active shooting situations 

Yesterday House Republicans voted no on the Schneider Amendment to the Defense Authorization Act.

What is the Schneider Amendment?

The Schneider Amendment called for the FBI, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Secretary of Defense to publish a report that sets out ways to combat white supremacist and neo-Nazi activity in the uniformed services and law enforcement agencies “not later than 180 days after enactment and every 6 months thereafter.”

Hmmmm. What would it be like?
What were the add-ones?  Do we need a report looking for white supremacy in the armed forces?  

urbanhack said:
I would like to know what these add-ones are here.  Of course we should help our veterans, its BS for both sides to take advantage of the situation though. -

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.) said on the Senate floor that he didn’t support the bill because it would create $400 billion in unrelated spending, which he called a “budgetary gimmick.”

“My concern about this bill has nothing to do with the purpose of the bill,” Toomey said. “This budgetary gimmick is so unrelated to the actual veterans issue that has to do with burn pits, that it’s not even in the House version of this bill.”

Although Toomey urged his colleagues to immediately fix the issue, Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) accused Toomey of “having a problem” with supporting the country’s veterans.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know what these add-ones are here.  Of course we should help our veterans, its BS for both sides to take advantage of the situation though. -

Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Penn.) said on the Senate floor that he didn’t support the bill because it would create $400 billion in unrelated spending, which he called a “budgetary gimmick.”

“My concern about this bill has nothing to do with the purpose of the bill,” Toomey said. “This budgetary gimmick is so unrelated to the actual veterans issue that has to do with burn pits, that it’s not even in the House version of this bill.”

Although Toomey urged his colleagues to immediately fix the issue, Sen. Jon Tester (D-Mont.) accused Toomey of “having a problem” with supporting the country’s veterans.
We are talking a bit about this in the legislation thread.  The "gimmick" here is making the spending "mandatory" every year, meaning it can't be used as a pawn in the annual "government funding crisis" we always watch.

Here's the text of the bill....all focused on VA and veterans:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/3373?q={"search"%3A["honoring+our+pact+act"%2C"honoring"%2C"our"%2C"pact"%2C"act"]}&s=1&r=1

Actually....it's more pathetic than what I listed...thanks to BobbyLane for this post explaining.  Simply put, spending has to originate in the House.  The bill from the Senate didn't have it happening that way, so the House changed that language and that language only...to have it originate in the House.

We are talking a bit about this in the legislation thread.  The "gimmick" here is making the spending "mandatory" every year, meaning it can't be used as a pawn in the annual "government funding crisis" we always watch.

Here's the text of the bill....all focused on VA and veterans:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/3373?q={"search"%3A["honoring+our+pact+act"%2C"honoring"%2C"our"%2C"pact"%2C"act"]}&s=1&r=1
I have no problem making it mandatory, their health issues will always be there.  This is a no-brainer.

Guarantee Congress won’t miss their vacation time though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread