What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's the Age Demo on FBG? (1 Viewer)

How old are you?

• Under 25

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • 25-30

Votes: 28 7.8%
  • 31-35

Votes: 45 12.6%
  • 36-40

Votes: 92 25.7%
  • 41-45

Votes: 89 24.9%
  • 46-50

Votes: 42 11.7%
  • Over 50

Votes: 56 15.6%

• Total voters
Q: What do the demographics look like for a hobby that's on its death bed?

A: This.

Square dancing will never die, says I.

Q: What do the demographics look like for a hobby that's on its death bed?

A: This.

Square dancing will never die, says I.
To be fair, these are FFA demographics.

Like a third of our conversations involve something from the 80s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Young posters don't fare well in here (Eminence is either too dense or all shtick to be turned away). The community here is well established, rules for discourse are clear, and in general, new posters who don't figure it out get run out.

Sheesh... to think i've been here 12 years now... do message boards like the FFA basically draw a core of users, then the board ages with said users.... is this a message board thing? I'm only really semi-active on one other board, and it became clear to me quickly that board's demographic was 10-12 years younger.... almost like the old yellow ffa

mr roboto said:
Young posters don't fare well in here (Eminence is either too dense or all shtick to be turned away). The community here is well established, rules for discourse are clear, and in general, new posters who don't figure it out get run out.
this is where most fail:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law in either public or private messages.

mr roboto said:
We're also pretty hard on text speak, which is good. Keeps out the riff-raff.

mr roboto said:
We're also pretty hard on text speak, which is good. Keeps out the riff-raff.
You're just jelly.

I'm 24, a part-time FFA'er at best in terms of contribution, but I've been lurking/reading since I was in high school. The draw to me is the broad knowledge base, and the humor here. There's a pretty specific brand of FFA humor that clicks with me, that I can't imagine most people my age finding funny. It's just a different feeling little corner of the Internet that clearly doesn't appeal to most of my generation, partially because of the slow death of FF among younger people preventing them from discovering it in the first place (or they are too casually interested to need message board research/discussion), and partially because it's just not a good personality fit. My generation is obnoxious, to sum it up in one word.

But mostly, message boards only really become a "hobby" for certain types of people. My generation isn't looking to read a 19 page thread, no matter how hilarious it is, or whether it's an instant FFA classic. They want the info they need now, and that's it. It's why so many younger FF owners gravitate towards twitter. The chore of contributing to, and cultivating relationships on, an Internet message board doesn't appeal to people my age that I know. My roommates all through college thought it was weird how instead of hanging out on Facebook I'd read and post here and at a redskins message board, when I was bored.

Message boards are just not how people my age gather or share information, generally.

Chem X, Eephus, Tanner, and of course, Viper push the average up big time. Most of them should be dying off soon, so it will probably renormalize.

Jesus, you guys are old. I'm imagining 75% of you pecking at your keyboards like a chicken and needing help finding the shift key.

I would have guessed a higher % in my range...31-35.

Jesus, you guys are old. I'm imagining 75% of you pecking at your keyboards like a chicken and needing help finding the shift key.

And when we do find the shift key, there is no guarantee the damn thing still works.

Sheesh... to think i've been here 12 years now... do message boards like the FFA basically draw a core of users, then the board ages with said users.... is this a message board thing? I'm only really semi-active on one other board, and it became clear to me quickly that board's demographic was 10-12 years younger.... almost like the old yellow ffa
I've been thinking about this. Message boards haven't been around that long, relatively speaking, so there is no "norm." We're pioneers!

I was asking myself the same thing.

You'll be here soon...

I'm 24, a part-time FFA'er at best in terms of contribution, but I've been lurking/reading since I was in high school. The draw to me is the broad knowledge base, and the humor here. There's a pretty specific brand of FFA humor that clicks with me, that I can't imagine most people my age finding funny. It's just a different feeling little corner of the Internet that clearly doesn't appeal to most of my generation, partially because of the slow death of FF among younger people preventing them from discovering it in the first place (or they are too casually interested to need message board research/discussion), and partially because it's just not a good personality fit. My generation is obnoxious, to sum it up in one word.

But mostly, message boards only really become a "hobby" for certain types of people. My generation isn't looking to read a 19 page thread, no matter how hilarious it is, or whether it's an instant FFA classic. They want the info they need now, and that's it. It's why so many younger FF owners gravitate towards twitter. The chore of contributing to, and cultivating relationships on, an Internet message board doesn't appeal to people my age that I know. My roommates all through college thought it was weird how instead of hanging out on Facebook I'd read and post here and at a redskins message board, when I was bored.

Message boards are just not how people my age gather or share information, generally.
It's not just people your age, I see a lot of only interesting in spreading news and then making superficial comments on it.

I just turned 30 and I think I've been here for almost 8 years. Most of that spent in the Drunk Thread.

Everyday another reminder of my rapidly departing youth. Been on various iterations of this board since pretty close to day one. I have no idea really how many years that is and to be honest I have no desire to figure it out. I know it's well over a decade though. It is interesting how static the membership is. I was gone a couple of times for several months and each time I came back it was largely the same folks. I tried the Facebook thing years ago, hated it. So hopefully you guys will age slowly I am not looking for a new site.

I turned 50 this summer. This is the first age poll in my life that I've been in the oldest category.

I have more thoughts to write, but I need to use the restroom.

Or get paid 101 to stay.

man, this place is going to get real interesting when the senile dementia kicks in for a few of you pretty soon.

Users who are viewing this thread