What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's with the high water dress pants these days? (1 Viewer)

I have a young co-worker who does the no sock thing with dress shoes.  Make me angry.
you know whats funny - for years in the summer i would wear dress pants with ankle cut socks.  My pants were normal length.

I did this for probably 10 years :lol:

#trendsetter

neat update.

I remember discussing thom browne (the guy, I think who made the flood-waters "fashionable" again a while back) with pirate mike... I thought in this thread, but search engine and all. pretty sure it was otis who chimed in laughing at what kind of nerd would wear them. some time later, when it was safe and sanitary to wear them, otis chimed in somewhere laughing at what kind of nerd wouldn't wear them. pirate mike had the original comment notebooked for immediate retrieval. fun times. that's what I think of when I think of the floodwater pants. fun time.s

I have a young co-worker who does the no sock thing with dress shoes.  Make me angry.
Great way to ruin a pair of dress shoes, as well. Unless they're non-traditional dress shoes that have the dress-shoe look but have some kind of special lining or something.

Forget high waters -- there's a guy in another office on my floor who wears straight-up womenswear capri pants to work. So far, this guy is the only man I've ever seen wear capri pants. Googling reveals that capri pants for men exist ... dunno ... they must not have caught on around here at all.

Forget high waters -- there's a guy in another office on my floor who wears straight-up womenswear capri pants to work. So far, this guy is the only man I've ever seen wear capri pants. Googling reveals that capri pants for men exist ... dunno ... they must not have caught on around here at all.
Is he European? 

you guys sure they're not wearing those invisible/low socks?
Could be, but they'd be -- at most -- pretty much like those panty-hose sole-covers that are offered by many women's shoe retailers for their customers for trying on shoes. Definitely not the typical "athletic" ankle socks meant to be invisible in sneakers.

Is he European? 
Doesn't sound like it.

It's a super-casual office ... a lot of the guys there are in cargo shorts and T-shirts. They're all under thirty, and think typical hipsters are hopelessly out to lunch -- they are MUCH hipper. To them, a polo shirt and Dockers is pretty much the same category as a three-piece Armani suit. The dude that wears capris always pairs it with a T-shirt.

Could be, but they'd be -- at most -- pretty much like those panty-hose sole-covers that are offered by many women's shoe retailers for their customers for trying on shoes. Definitely not the typical "athletic" ankle socks meant to be invisible in sneakers.
yeah- "I don't know" would've worked here.

:shrug:

"Invisible/low socks" covers a wide range.
fwiw- they make socks that aren't meant to be seen, aren't for sports, and aren't pantyhose stuff for trying shoes on. guys I know who go "sockless" in the summer, that's what they're wearing. unless you're ogling their feet and see a bit of the sock creep up, you wouldn't know they have socks on. 

Trend I've seen lately is to showcase some fancy socks more than anything.

Like bell bottoms, it's stupid and ugly

Real Men, what happened to them, at least in the younger generations?  Perhaps too many fatherless homes?

Users who are viewing this thread