What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's wrong with this team? 12 Team 1/2 pt. ppr (1 Viewer)

PM17

Footballguy
We start: 1 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 1 flex (rb-wr-te), k, def

The Team
Qb: Mahomes - Love
Rb: Mattison, R Stephenson, Mixon, Kamara, Tucker,
Wr: DJ Moore, Flowers, Ridley, G Davis, J Reed, Nico Collins
TE: Goedart - Ertz
K - Def: KC - Elliot

What to do? record is 1-2, and picking a Wr is the problem. Each week I start the wrong wr's.... because they are all wr's 2 & wr's 3 so far.
Any advice, trade ideas - start ideas are appreciated, thanks in advance!

The Team

What to do? record is 1-2, and picking a Wr is the problem. Each week I start the wrong wr's.... because they are all wr's 2 & wr's 3 so far.
Anybody?

To me, it's just some of your guys are underperforming to expectations.

- Stephenson hasn't been what he was last year.
- Kamara has been out
-Mattison, even though not high expectations, still has been a disappointment.
- DJ Moore can't get it going big because of offense.
- Ridley underperforming the last two weeks.

I know you know all of this but it is what it is.

I think your hope is that some of your guys like Ridley, Kamara, Stephenson, etc start playing up to their expectations. Keep Flowers.
Maybe package Mattison (trade him before he either has a bad game and/or loses his starting role) with Nico (sell high while people have him on their mind) to get another RB2 type player to bolster your RBs or maybe a WR2. Maybe a sell low player who has upside. And then, like I said, hope your guys start performing to expectations to either start putting up good numbers ard/or give you trade assets to improve as season goes on.

It's only week 4.
Kamara back gives you him and Mixon
Collins and Ridley are still every week starters imop
One of your other wr's is a solid flex play every week,play the matchup
At TE anyone after Kelce is boom or bust,plug away with Goedert on a good offense.
At QB of course you can't do better than my homey Mahomey
Relax,take a pill,in a 12 team league this team will win more than not.

Thanks Rubi -

Mixon vs Tenn or Kamara ? Mixon historically hasn't done much vs. Tenn. But Kamara 1st game back....it would be nice to see it first from him
Mattison has a great matchup but Akers there could ruin things for him. He was decent last week.

Picking the right starting wr's has been a big problem. They're all underperforming - my bench Wr's have been outscoring my starters.

Maybe there's content here with matchup breakdowns?

Thanks Rubi -

Mixon vs Tenn or Kamara ? Mixon historically hasn't done much vs. Tenn. But Kamara 1st game back....it would be nice to see it first from him
Mattison has a great matchup but Akers there could ruin things for him. He was decent last week.

Picking the right starting wr's has been a big problem. They're all underperforming - my bench Wr's have been outscoring my starters.

Maybe there's content here with matchup breakdowns?
It comes down to: which Rb would you start Kamara over this week? (Mattison-Mixon-Stephenson)? Start 3 total
Whish matchups are best?

The Team

I think your QB are just fine. you likely lost week 1 when Mahomes faced a good D without Kelce. I wouldnt worry about that situation. Mahomes rarely has bad games.
Your RB are ok. no game breakers there but solid players.
your WR are ok too. same issue. no gamebreakers. Though I do really like Nico Collins. best you can do here is play the matchup and use your depth to your advantage. it wont always work out but it will more often than not. usually players of this caliber will perform against weak defenses.

I think you probably just need to be patient. dont make any panic trades, but if you run into a potential trade where you can package a RB along with a WR to get a significant upgrade at RB I'd strongly consider making the move. there is likely still enough depth on the wire for WR that you can get away with this (and you have enough depth on your roster as well)

I like Kamara. Fresh legs,no rb has shown anything on The Saints,he's the clear alpha dog and has put up nice numbers in 12 games with Winston at qb

I like Kamara. Fresh legs,no rb has shown anything on The Saints,he's the clear alpha dog and has put up nice numbers in 12 games with Winston at qb
thats a fair point. tough to pass judgement on a guy who hasnt really played. either way, your team isnt that bad. like I said earlier. just be patient and make sure you play your matchups when appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread