What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Your Favorite Pink Floyd Album? (1 Viewer)

What's Your Favorite Pink Floyd Album?

• The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • A Saucerful of Secrets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More

• Ummagumma

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Atom Heart Mother

• Meddle

• Obscured by Clouds

• The Dark Side of the Moon

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • Wish You Were Here

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Animals

Votes: 11 11.2%
  • The Wall

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • The Final Cut

• A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • The Division Bell

• The Endless River

• Total voters
What a run. I'd say this is an unmatched level of epicness: 

The Dark Side of the Moon

Wish You Were Here

Animals

The Wall
I think we have been down this road before but a few other bands have had great 4 album runs.   Not knocking PF.  I love most of their albums and they must be considered as one of the greatest bands of all time.  

Me too.   Fits in the album wonderfully 
I looked up the song on Wikipedia for some reason:

The title is a reference to Vera Lynn, a British singer who came to prominence during World War II with her popular song "We'll Meet Again". The reference is ironic, as Roger Waters (and his fictional character "Pink") would not meet his father, lost in the war.
I never knew that before.

I find the Wall a little too depressing now to listen to the entire thing - where I can just put on Dark Side, Animals and WYWH and let it rip!  

Wish You Were Here is my favorite, but Division Bell is REALLY underrated imo.  Great record.
From what I understand, Momentary Lapse was put together pretty hastily by Floyd standards. A tour was being planned and then it was decided a new album should accompany it. Gilmour brought in outside writers to help him finish the songs. Rick Wright was invited to participate at the last minute. It turned out well but was clearly below the standard of the "classic era." There was a lot more time to conceive and complete Division Bell, and it seems like Gilmour was able to put in a lot more thought about what makes for a great Floyd album. And it shows. 

1a. Wish You Were Here
1b. Animals

2. The Wall

3. Dark Side of the Moon

4. Meddle

Kind of surprised to see all the love for Animals. I mean, I love it, just didn't realize there would be so many big fans since it is more obscure than the others in terms of airplay.

1a. Wish You Were Here
1b. Animals

2. The Wall

3. Dark Side of the Moon

4. Meddle

Kind of surprised to see all the love for Animals. I mean, I love it, just didn't realize there would be so many big fans since it is more obscure than the others in terms of airplay.
Animals seems to be a very polarizing album. Some people don't care for it because the songs are very long and the lyrics are relentlessly bleak. But those who love it REALLY love it. When I was a regular in Phish discussion groups, this was far and away the favorite Floyd album of most people there, and not just because Les Claypool (who made his way into the jam scene in the '00s) reimagined it. 

It got my vote, though I am also a huge fan of Dark Side, Wish, Meddle and Disc 1 of The Wall (don't care for Disc 2 aside from the three famous songs). 

It's not anywhere near the caliber of the '70s albums, but More has always fascinated me. It's mostly blissed out, mellow mood music, but then there are these two songs (The Nile Song and Ibiza Bar) that rock REALLY hard -- like, grunge and alt-rock bands covered them in the '90s and it made sense for them to do so. 

For those that didn’t know, over the last several years the label has released box sets for some of the albums called Immersion Editions. They have a ton of cool stuff, demos, alternate tracks, some unreleased tracks, complete concerts, etc. They also have come out with other boxed sets with remastered albums, things that never were officially released, etc. They are  insanely expensive, but most of the stuff is posted on YouTube. It borders on overkill in terms of how much material has come out the last several years. 

They're all great. Easily my favorite band of all time. Ive listened to The Wall, DSoM, WYWH so many times that I rarely go back anymore. Nowadays, I mainly listen to Final Cut and Animals when I need that itch scratched.
My favorite by a long shot as well.

The Wall just stands so far above everything for me, double album and not a bad song on it.  I still listen to the full album all the time.  Goodbye Blue Sky is my favorite song of all time.

Next would probably be a tie between WYWH and Animals depending on my mood.

Fourth would be Dark Side, this is one that has taken a bit of a back seat because it was so over played but I should probably revisit

Fifth is A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Sixth The Division Bell

I listened to Animals for the first time this morning. I enjoyed it, but it isn’t something I will likely listen to again.

Wish You Were Here

Dark Side Of The Moon

Animals

The Division Bell

The Wall

Delicate Sound of Thunder

Meddle

Those are all I listen to from Floyd. And that is my preference in order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Todem said:
Wish You Were Here

Dark Side Of The Moon

Animals

The Division Bell

The Wall

Delicate Sound of Thunder

Meddle

Those are all I listen to from Floyd. And that is my preference in order.
That's very close to mine.  Flip the Wall and Meddle, and replace Delicate Sound with...Piper at the Gates of Dawn.  We do have the same top four in order.

Anarchy99 said:
Speaking of Mother, I really like movie version from The Wall . . . Link. It's way different than the regular album version.
Yep, the movie version is my preferred version, and Mother is probably my favorite Floyd song now, so there ya go. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread