What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When does 2009 season start (1 Viewer)

Trickster

Footballguy
I need to get my vacation and time off in now so I can make sure I have that weekend off. Does anyone know if it is the 1st weekend in Sept like it has been or is it the 2nd weekend this year? Was reading somewhere it is the 2nd weekend this year but I want to try and confirm with anyone that may know for sure.

Thank you

The long weekend is the first Monday of September, and usually the first Thursday after the long weekend is the opening night game. So the 2nd Sunday in September would be the bulk of the Opening Weekend games.

Looking at a calender and assuming week 17 would be Sunday Dec 29; week 1 will be the weekend of Sept 6th with the 1st game Thur, Sept 3.

If the season starts a week later there will be week 17 games in Jan. So I'm assuming it will start the weekend of Sept 6

The long weekend is the first Monday of September, and usually the first Thursday after the long weekend is the opening night game. So the 2nd Sunday in September would be the bulk of the Opening Weekend games.
this is what I am hoping. I don't think they would start on labor day weekend or I hope not. We like to draft on labor day anyways.

this is what I am hoping. I don't think they would start on labor day weekend or I hope not. We like to draft on labor day anyways.
They have before but its been a while (late 90's?).

Users who are viewing this thread