What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When is the last time you went to a movie theater? What did you see and how much did you spend? (2 Viewers)

Pipes said:
Rise of Skywalker in Dec 2019.  Don't remember what I paid and this was just a couple of months before Covid.  I'm sure I'll hit the theatres again once the weather gets crappy. 
I think this was mine too.  Man, it feels like that movie came out 5 years ago.  Covid Time sure is weird 

Quiet Place 2. Hadn't been to a movie since start of co-vid. Only one other couple in theatre.

Drive by local theatre once a week. Always some cars there but not a lot.

Interesting before movie started there was a short thank you from John Krasinski regarding people coming out to see their movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
my cousin makes movies. i always go to the very first showing in the nearest theater when they come out. it really is fun , no matter if it's weak or not, to think that fuzzy li'l twerp i useta make eat grass is responsible for everything up on that big screen. last time i went to a movie theater was his last picture (Dec '18) next time i go will be his next flick (delayed by COVID, sometime in the next year).

I cant remember how long it's been since unoriginal Hollywood people made a movie worth seeing. Nothing but garbage is put anymore & they wouldn't get a penny from me.

Went to see the movie 1917 with my adult son in Jan/Feb 2020 before society came crashing down. 

Saw it an old historical theater in town that sells food/beer so probably spent 40+ dollars on lunch, beer, and tickets.

I'm excited to see the new Suicide Squad movie this weekend. It's getting much better reviews than the first try.

Love movies and used to love going to the theater but it became too much even before COVID.....for a family of 5 with tickets, popcorn and drinks were were right around $100.  Way too much when if we wait 30-60 days we could watch it in the comfort of home on a 75 inch HD screen for $20 - without annoying people, travel, waiting and now COVID risks.....I will still likely go back if its a must see in the future but I am hoping the trend for home releases earlier continues.  Id be happy to pay even $40-50 for a new release day of viewing.  

It's still fun to see stuff in the theater.   Sorry, but no matter how cool your system is at home, it still can't beat a quality theater experience with a decent crowd - especially for a decent horror movie.   Still go a few times a year - mostly it was for the Marvel movies with the older kid, but now he's moved on to other interests and it's me taking the youngest for something to do every once in awhile.   So last movie I saw in the theater was Peter Rabbit 2.  :bag:    Probably spent $35-40 for the two of us, since I think tix were $9-10 each.  

Local historic theatre in PDX just opened back up not too long ago.

Went Friday night to see the original Blade Runner. Fist time I've seen it on the big screen.

Spent $37 for two tickets, large popcorn and 2 beers

Last time was April, friend rented out a theater for his birthday. We saw Beverly Hills Cop. I probably spent $100 on drinks for myself, wife, friends. It was a blast. I am going to see Green Knight this weekend. Probably will spend $25 or so once you factor in ticket and a beer. 

Last night, saw Black Panther 2.
Tickets- $12 for 2
2 of sodas, popcorn, and a box of Candy- $15

$27 all in for 2 ppl.

Saturday. Wakanda Forever. We went to a cinema with food and deluxe pods for two. Had dinner, wine, popcorn (provided with pod). Spent about $100. Well worth it for us.

Maverick. Probably $14 for 2 seats = $28. No food or drinks. Went out after.

Before that I hadn't been to a theater in 15 years

I try to not even pay attention to the price because I know it will just make me angry

Last movie I saw was Elvis.

A rescreening of Dawn of the Dead on Halloween.

Before that, the Black Phone this summer.

Don't remember the prices for either

Dune.

Had popcorn and a drink. Was prolly 35 bucks total.

Really enjoyed it. Used to see movies open weekend quite a bit pre-Covid. Gotten out of the habit but the theater experience is better than home for sure.

I usually go to second run theaters that show older movies. Last one was a multi movie Lord of The Rings marathon. They played the extended versions back to back to back throughout the day. $30 for 2 tickets and about $20 on food

I usually go to second run theaters that show older movies. Last one was a multi movie Lord of The Rings marathon. They played the extended versions back to back to back throughout the day. $30 for 2 tickets and about $20 on food
Wow, that’s a long day. I remember doing the Fellowship and Two Towers (extended editions maybe?) in a marathon before the midnight premier of Return of the King. It was a memorable experience and glad I did it, but I was in my 20’s then. Don’t think I could sit for that long nowadays.

I'm impressed...You only spent $20 on food for 9-10 hours of theater time.

summer of 2019 - Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood

caught a matinee and bought peanut M&Ms and a water. probably $20 total.

I think I've been once since Covid. Went as a family to some kids movie. 4 kids tickets, two adults, likely a diet soda or wine for my wife, largest size popcorn to share, and maybe a candy or two if my wife didn't sneak any in. So, what like, just under $100?

I don't think my wife and I have gone to the movies without kids in years. When we get a chance to go out ourselves, we prefer to do a more interactive activity like golf, frisbee golf, or axe throwing then dinner. We like movies, but have a pretty good set up at home so it's preferable to just put something on there after the kids go to bed and we can freely eat our own food, drink our own alcohol, take advantage of Prop 207, etc. without having to worry about driving or taking an uber.

Come to think of it, though, as I type this I do vaguely remember us seeing the new Top Gun in theaters because we had several people tell us we had to see it in the theater. I imagine it was two adult tickets, some popcorn, maybe one candy, and a couple of the wines they sell. So like $60ish?

Every MCU movie, with my oldest. It’s our thing.
Might take the younger siblings to see strange world.

I'm impressed...You only spent $20 on food for 9-10 hours of theater time.
Yeah their concessions are reasonably priced. Bag of popcorn is $3 or $4. I also cheated because we went across the street to a cafe for sandwiches in between two of the movies that I didn’t include.

2 weeks ago, Banshees of Inisherin, about $30 for a ticket for my wife and I. Dinner and drinks before was more $$$ but we would have done that either way.

Users who are viewing this thread