What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

When your season ends due to other owners not paying attention (2 Viewers)

One of the most freeing experiences was the day I could log in from my phone to set my line ups on Sundays when I am running about or a Thursday night where I forgot about the game and won't even be home near a computer for a while, so easy to just go in thru the apps. I like RTSports one, fairly simple, few things on the computer are easier to navigate but it does exactly what I need it for. 

Some guys have a fear they will press a wrong button or just cannot get used to having to type and use the small keyboards/pads. 
I remember the first time I had a good enough phone to watch my scores live update on a Sunday.  I was working at a book store, and almost nothing got stocked that day, but you bet I was the one who was offering to do the stocking.

Now bookstores don't exist and I can watch redzone in hd on my phone through a pirated Russian server.  So one step forward one step back.

That said the mfl lite app sucks and they gotta fix it.

In one league I have long proposed a scoring system where you'd get two scores each week:

1) A head to head score, and

2) A score for facing every other team in the league

So say you have the highest score in the league that week but you LOSE your head to head matchup, you'd get the following scores:

1) Zero for the head to head loss + 2) 0.80 since you would have beaten 8 of the other 10 teams.  Total score of 0.80 even though you lost your H2H matchup.

Best of both worlds.

I simulated it for all of last season and it totally wrung out a lot of the BS crying about "I am one of the best teams but everyone has their best game against me" crap.

Unfortunately, it never passes (because those that are inactive and asleep at the wheel don't give a damn). I don't even know how the above could be executed on a platform.
bolded not possible, but get where you are going.....

you are basically trying to do what I posted above....reward the division winners (HTH aspect) but then also reward the ACTUAL best teams each week (all play)....it is almost a perfect compromise for those that want to hang on to the "wanna beat my buddy this certain week" thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
bolded not possible, but get where you are going.....

you are basically trying to do what I posted above....reward the division winners (HTH aspect) but then also reward the ACTUAL best teams each week....it is almost a perfect compromise for those that want to hang on to the "wanna beat my buddy this certain week" thing...

Lol.

Yes, you'd have the 2nd highest score obviously.

What platforms would allow for this type of customization? 

Lol.

Yes, you'd have the 2nd highest score obviously.

What platforms would allow for this type of customization? 
MFL...thats the only one I commish....not sure about the others....but I know CBS keeps this as it factors in to their "Power Rankings"....

I think most websites worth their salt are able to provide you with a "how would I have done vs everybody" kind of ranking...

As commissioner in my league, this also irks the he11 out of me. Our stakes aren't nearly as high, but I cover a lot of the costs to make it as competitive and fun for everyone as possible. And I do it on the stipulation that anyone who has a team will promise to fight with a complete lineup each week, no matter how bad their team sucks. It's a friends and family league, but my assistant commissioner and I won't let anyone in that doesn't agree. We still get one or two we have to pester, but we get it done. For league as high stakes as yours, I absolutely agree with fines and anything else you can imagine.

I know most commissioners don't want to go this extra babysitting step, but I don't mind offering everyone my help. If you forsee an issue like the Dalvin Cook situation, let me know IN ADVANCE if you aren't sure you'll have the time to check it. I will fix it for them if they've got work, church, vacation, whatever. Just send me a message and put in your lineup you'll use if he's out, but tell me you want him in if he's declared active. I'll get him into your lineup. My daughter works on Sundays and can't monitor the inactives, so we talk about it and I make the necessary adjustments for her. If your worried about people crying foul, post the contingencies beforehand on the message board. Maybe it won't work for everyone, but it works pretty well for our league. We've only had one inactive started all season.

I wish you all luck. There aren't many things I loathe more than this issue as a commissioner. 

Great idea, need to incorporate something like this into the league rules in 2022. Thanks. Struggled with this issue for 15 years now. I get it though, people have a life and priority one isn't always set your line up while monitoring inactive reports.

It sucks badly for the owners, but these issues suck even worse for the commish.

I think a lot of long time leagues might be going through this same situation. Almost like the league gets to a point where it's either "semi-casual" or super competitive.

Which sucks just as much for the commish, every trade or add/drop highly scrutinized by 11 other owners and it's inevitable 1 of them will think it's unfair or unjust.

Users who are viewing this thread