What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where does Vince Young get drafted? (1 Viewer)

Where does Vince Young get drafted?

• 3. Tennessee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. N.Y. Jets

• 7. Oakland

• 9. Detroit

• 10. Arizona

• 13. Baltimore

• 17. Minnesota

• 18. Dallas

• Other

• Total voters
how many ranked teams did he play against in 2004 reg season?

answer: 2. Oklahoma, TX Tech..lost to Ok. 12-0..beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl..

in 2005, beat ohio state and Tx tech, the only ranked teams on the schedule..and then beat USC in the championship game..I give him credit for that..

the point is, VY might've had great stats, but who has he played? Baylor twice, Rice twice, colorado 2 x, missou 2 x , Lou-lafayette, Ok state, Tx A&M..

c'mon now..even Ryan Leaf could look all world against these teams..

kordell stewart meets akili smith to form VY..

:thumbdown:
Here's some analysis from a poster on NFLDraftcountdown's boards. If you'll notice, Matt Leinart only played against ONE top 20 defensive team last year.Leinart/Young/Cutler vs. top 20 Defenses

Top 20 Defenses in College Football Last season against Leinart/Cutler/Young

3 LSU (Cutler 11-32, 113 Yds, 34.4% Accuracy, 0 TD, 2 INT)

5 Ohio St. (Young 18-29, 270 yds, 62.1% Accuracy, 2 TD, 2 INT - 20 Rush, 76 Yds)

6 Tennessee (Cutler 27-39, 315 Yds, 69.2% Accuracy, 3 TD, 0 INT)

9 Florida (Cutler 28-42, 361 Yds, 66.7% Accuracy, 4 TD, 2 INT)

10 Texas (Leinart 29-40, 365 Yds, 72.5% Accuracy, 1 TD, 1 INT)

11 Kansas (Young 19-27, 281 yds, 70.4% Accuracy, 4 TD, 0 INT - 6 Rush, -4 Yds)

13 Oklahoma (Young 14-27, 241 Yds, 51.9% Accuracy, 3 TD, 0 INT - 17 Rush, 45 Yards)

18 Georgia (Cutler 15-28, 174 Yds, 53.6% Accuracy, 1 TD, 1 INT)

48 Southern California

72 Vanderbilt

Cutler Vs. Top 20 Defenses - 4 Games, 81 for 141, 963 Yds, 57.4% Accuracy, 8 TD, 5 INT

Young Vs. Top 20 Defenses - 3 Games, 51 for 83, 792 Yds, 61.4% Accuracy, 9 TD, 2 INT - 43 Rushes, 117 Yds (2.7 Yds Per Attempt)

Leinart Vs. Top 20 Defenses - 1 Games, 29 for 40, 365 Yds, 72.5% Accuracy, 1 TD, 1 INT
:thumbup: Do you have the numbers for Top "Passing Defense"?
Leinart also played against the best defense in college in 2004 every single day in practice, and then again in 2003 ..against polamalu and lofa tatupu, no less..last i checked,they are REAL good...when u are the champs,everyone is gunning for you...he took over a college champion team, and won again as as first year starter...won the heisman. if lendale white got that first down on 4th and 2 late in the game, we're not talking about Vince Young as much as this ,are we?? no.

you see, Leinart doesn't have to change when he hits the nfl..VY does..if he continues to run like crazy, he'll get hurt, happened to Vick too...and leinart got 72.5% accuracy against that top 20 team last year, right?

how'd Young do against great rush defenses? and whats the matter here, you don't count 2004??

re-do that list, and include 2004 in it..

Last edited by a moderator:
Leinart also played against the best defense in college in 2004 every single day in practice, and then again in 2003 as a backup qb..against polamalu and lofa tatupu, no less..last i checked,they are REAL good...
And Derrick Johnson, Michael Huff, and Rodrique Wright are....what exactly?The Texans were the #6 rated defense overall and #5 passing defense in 2005. No slouches there either.

when u are the champs,everyone is gunning for you...he took over a college champion team, and won again as as first year starter...won the heisman. if lendale white got that first down on 4th and 2 late in the game, we're not talking about Vince Young as much as this ,are we?? no.

you see, Leinart doesn't have to change when he hits the nfl..VY does..if he continues to run like crazy, he'll get hurt, happened to Vick too...and leinart got 72.5% accuracy against that top 20 team last year, right? 

how'd Young do against great rush defenses? and whats the matter here, you don't count 2004??

I agree. Matt Leinart is good too.And...it's not my list. I copied it from elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leinart also played against the best defense in college in 2004 every single day in practice, and then again in 2003 as a backup qb..against polamalu and lofa tatupu, no less..last i checked,they are REAL good...
And Derrick Johnson and Michael Huff are....what exactly?The Texans were the #6 rated defense overall and #5 passing defense in 2005. No slouches there either.

when u are the champs,everyone is gunning for you...he took over a college champion team, and won again as as first year starter...won the heisman. if lendale white got that first down on 4th and 2 late in the game, we're not talking about Vince Young as much as this ,are we?? no.

I agree. Matt Leinart is good too.And...it's not my list. I copied it from elsewhere.
hey, i'm not trying to bury VY i think he'll be good if he goes to the right system..unlike Vick who doesn't seem a good fit for the WCO..he'd probably be much better in another system..I'm just of the opinion that Leinart appears more `pro ready` than Young does, today. Young needs some help IMO..not much, but does need some coaching help.

hey, i'm not trying to bury VY i think he'll be good if he goes to the right system..unlike Vick who doesn't seem a good fit for the WCO..he'd probably be much better in another system..I'm just of the opinion that Leinart appears more `pro ready` than Young does, today. Young needs some help IMO..not much, but does need some coaching help.
This I wholeheartedly agree with.

I listed the teams who need QB the most, if you think he'll go somewhere else post what team and why.  I can see him slipping to Arizona but if they don't take him he shouldn't get past Minnesota or Dallas.
After watching Rodgers drop last year, I am starting to believe he could drop past the Cowboys.Edited - I am thinking possibly Kansas City or Chicago may not be out of the question.
Young is a Texas guy and the Cowboys will feel a lot of pressure to take Young if he's there. Jerry Jones loves mult-dimensional QB's and would love the attention Young would get in Dallas.
I won't be pressure, Jerry has gone on record saying that if VY is there at #18 he's a Cowboy.
And he would be the steal of the draft if he made to 18...

Vince Young to the Broncos at #15:

With the Broncos trading up in the draft from #29 to #15, I see this as them being interested in taking Vince Young. I believe that Young is going to slip on draft day and not just because of his Wonderlic score. Some of the teams at the top of the draft that needed QB have already found them (Jets and Raiders if they sign Aaron Brooks). I have the QB's ranked Leinart, Cutler then Young. The Titans should take a QB, probably Leinart, and that leaves Cutler to go to the Raiders, Cardinals, Lions or Ravens. Those four teams don't seem to have time to wait to develop a QB like Young who will need time to adjust the the NFL.

Denver has Plummer under contract for 4 more years and whenever he is cut it will be a cap savings due his low signing bonus. He turns 32 this year so the Broncos need to start finding a replacement and Young can sit on the bench for a year or two. I would say that Shanahan is not that happy with Plummer. Even though he has played well in the regular season, he reverted to his old self under the pressure of the playoffs.

I wouldn't doubt at all that Shanahan sees Young as a Super-Plummer who can run and handle pressure. This move makes a lot more sense than drafting a RB in the first round when Shanahan knows how to find diamonds-in-the-rough late in the draft.

Vince Young to the Broncos at #15:

With the Broncos trading up in the draft from #29 to #15, I see this as them being interested in taking Vince Young. I believe that Young is going to slip on draft day and not just because of his Wonderlic score. Some of the teams at the top of the draft that needed QB have already found them (Jets and Raiders if they sign Aaron Brooks). I have the QB's ranked Leinart, Cutler then Young. The Titans should take a QB, probably Leinart, and that leaves Cutler to go to the Raiders, Cardinals, Lions or Ravens. Those four teams don't seem to have time to wait to develop a QB like Young who will need time to adjust the the NFL.

Denver has Plummer under contract for 4 more years and whenever he is cut it will be a cap savings due his low signing bonus. He turns 32 this year so the Broncos need to start finding a replacement and Young can sit on the bench for a year or two. I would say that Shanahan is not that happy with Plummer. Even though he has played well in the regular season, he reverted to his old self under the pressure of the playoffs.

I wouldn't doubt at all that Shanahan sees Young as a Super-Plummer who can run and handle pressure. This move makes a lot more sense than drafting a RB in the first round when Shanahan knows how to find diamonds-in-the-rough late in the draft.
I don't see Young lasting 'til 15, but if he went to Denver...wow...what a great thing for him in the big picture of his football career.
if lendale white got that first down on 4th and 2 late in the game, we're not talking about Vince Young as much as this ,are we?? no.
...and if the Texas D didn't ring Leinart's bell in the first half, maybe SC woulda had a score on that drive as well...and if Leinart had seen Texas Safety Micheal Griffin closing on his receiver, maybe he wouldn't have thrown that costly first-half pick in the end zone...and SC woulda won. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Are you seriously gonna go down that road? We can play the same game with Leinart or Young, or any other player, for that matter. Hell, you could what-if the Rose bowl all night long, both ways, 'til your brain hurts. In the end, Texas won.

Users who are viewing this thread