What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where is Jamal Lewis going? (1 Viewer)

Where will Jamal Lewis play in '06?

• Baltimore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Denver

• Pittsburgh

• Jacksonville

• Philadelphia

• Total voters

aposulli

Footballguy
Market is definitly thinning for Lewis....about 27 teams seem set at RB...

This is assuming James accepts Airzona's offer, which I think is likely

Also Since Chestor Taylor is gone to Minnesota, it seems Baltimore will need to either re-sign Lewis or go get a guy like Mo Morris VIA FA or Lendale White VIA Draft...

Denver has been rumored for a couple weeks now....

Pittsburgh has come up recently and Lewis would be a great replacement for Bettis.

Jacksonville were thought to be in the market for James, but opted to keep Taylor, let Toefield walk. They may be set with Fragile Freddy and Greg Jones....

Philly obviously has the ultimate 3rd Down Back in Westbrook, but he hasn't shown the ability to take a pounding for a full season. Davenport would be a nice fit here too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Baltimore will offer the most $. Denver will go with Bell and Dayne and maybe draft a third guy or re-sign MA. JAX is a longshot and Philadelphia is historically thrifty and they want Arrington. I'll be surprised now especially with the Taylor signing, if Lewis leaves Baltimore.

Darkhorse is Indy.
I think that is a valid point but this comes down to money. Jamal Lewis is concerned with money over anything and everything. He'd take a fat contrat in a RBBC over an ok contract to win or be in a great situation like Indy. That's why I think he stays in Baltimore because they will likley pay him more than anyone else.

If Lewis can't get anything worthwhile this year, he could sign a one year deal with a club like Indy that would guarantee him a good portion of what any longterm deal would give him. A solid year in a Colts uniform puts him at a premium in next year's free agent market. Both sides win. The Colts aren't interested in signing Lewis for a longterm deal and he would want a better longterm deal than they would offer.

The truth is that Lewis has almost no value in the current free agent market. I would be surprised if he got as much money as Taylor got from Minnesota.

Still a huge darkhorse without a doubt. But not out of the question.

Darkhorse is Indy.
Very good point, I seem to have passed them over accidentally. I literally went through every single NFL team's RB depth chart in my head

I cant figure out how to add them to the poll though

Darkhorse is Indy.
Very good point, I seem to have passed them over accidentally. I literally went through every single NFL team's RB depth chart in my head

I cant figure out how to add them to the poll though
Indy is going to look to pick up a cheap plug-in RB. Anyone can run on 7-man fronts.If they don't keep Edge, they will pick up someone like Najeh Davenport.

Darkhorse is Indy.
I think that is a valid point but this comes down to money. Jamal Lewis is concerned with money over anything and everything. He'd take a fat contrat in a RBBC over an ok contract to win or be in a great situation like Indy. That's why I think he stays in Baltimore because they will likley pay him more than anyone else.
You guys must speak frequently, since you appear to have deep insight into what motivates Jamal.

So do most think the Lewis re-signs in Baltimore with Taylor off to Minnesota?

Personally, I think Mike Anderson in Baltimore seems like it could be a good fit, but I'm not sure if he's on their radar screen.

Absolutely Ravens re-sign him, unless he asks for silly money.

Colts won't touch him (problem child, injury history, cost too much, etc etc).

If Lewis can't get anything worthwhile this year, he could sign a one year deal with a club like Indy that would guarantee him a good portion of what any longterm deal would give him.  A solid year in a Colts uniform puts him at a premium in next year's free agent market.  Both sides win.  The Colts aren't interested in signing Lewis for a longterm deal and he would want a better longterm deal than they would offer.

The truth is that Lewis has almost no value in the current free agent market.  I would be surprised if he got as much money as Taylor got from Minnesota.

Still a huge darkhorse without a doubt.  But not out of the question.
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7&news_id=3624Just adding this link that says the Colts are 8 million under the cap. It also quotes Polian trying to defend his complete lack of effort in free agency. I believe his past failures keep him from doing anything. Which lessens my belief that Lewis is even going to be considered.

With that cap space, I would at least expect them to keep David Thornton or Larry Tripplett.

Darkhorse is Indy.
You guys must speak frequently, since you appear to have deep insight into what motivates Jamal.
I listen to the news. Lewis has been saying he should be paid, should be paid better, should be paid a top five salary, should be paid like a 2000 yard back, etc. You want his beeper number?

Darkhorse is Indy.
I listen to the news. Lewis has been saying he should be paid, should be paid better, should be paid a top five salary, should be paid like a 2000 yard back, etc. You want his beeper number?
Um, yeah, Lewis wants more money. Who doesn't? Specifically, how do you know that he values money more than championships? By reading the news? Whatever dawg.

I dont think Indy would want Lewis. He isn't their type of back. I dont remember him having very good hands.
They want to change to a power running game ( that is why they let James go , is nt it what they said , cause they would have enough money to sign James ) So JAmal is the only back on the market , either as a free agent or in the draft that would give them the power running game they want .

It makes sense for Indy to give Jamal's agent a call.

I dont think Indy would want Lewis. He isn't their type of back. I dont remember him having very good hands.
They want to change to a power running game ( that is why they let James go , is nt it what they said , cause they would have enough money to sign James ) So JAmal is the only back on the market , either as a free agent or in the draft that would give them the power running game they want .

It makes sense for Indy to give Jamal's agent a call.
I guess I hadn't heard that. :mellow:

Darkhorse is Indy.
No it isn't. He's not leaving the Ravens.
:unsure: ...and what, rent an apartment?

Jamal sold his house here---he isn't returning

when asked which of the 2 would return, I've said all along:

c)neither

to refresh...CT was pissed the Ravens matched the CLEV offer last year, which prevented him from having a FT gig, proving he is an NFL starter...he wasn't about to return here

BTW...plan B in Clev (Droughns) resigned for ~4yrs/$14M----Taylor left a 5 yr deal on the table in Baltimore "to get a fresh start"

Lewis was pissed as he felt the Ravens backed out of a verbal commitment to redo his contract when he took to plea in his drug case...I said all along last summer "Jamal Lewis...buyer beware"

I was tossed under the bus by most on the board here, but it was obvious to me he'd have a tough road to hoe and he went on to his poorest season yet as a pro...lack of conditioning and bad "attitude" (for lack of a better word)

I've felt all along that Mike Anderson as an inexpensive signing and a RB in the 2nd would be the way to go---too many backs and not enough jobs to have to overpay for the position...we'll see!

Darkhorse is Indy.
No it isn't. He's not leaving the Ravens.
:unsure: ...and what, rent an apartment?

Jamal sold his house here---he isn't returning

when asked which of the 2 would return, I've said all along:

c)neither

to refresh...CT was pissed the Ravens matched the CLEV offer last year, which prevented him from having a FT gig, proving he is an NFL starter...he wasn't about to return here

BTW...plan B in Clev (Droughns) resigned for ~4yrs/$14M----Taylor left a 5 yr deal on the table in Baltimore "to get a fresh start"

Lewis was pissed as he felt the Ravens backed out of a verbal commitment to redo his contract when he took to plea in his drug case...I said all along last summer "Jamal Lewis...buyer beware"

I was tossed under the bus by most on the board here, but it was obvious to me he'd have a tough road to hoe and he went on to his poorest season yet as a pro...lack of conditioning and bad "attitude" (for lack of a better word)

I've felt all along that Mike Anderson as an inexpensive signing and a RB in the 2nd would be the way to go---too many backs and not enough jobs to have to overpay for the position...we'll see!
OK...2-fer-4 so far, with Lewis not returning a slam dunk---a 2 year offer wasn't exactly what Jamal was looking for...pretty sure a 2nd round RB will be in the cards, although the next 1000 mocks will have them take either Williams or Whitethe Ravens were not happy with the effort or his running his yap every other week about his contract...again, he sold his house shortly after the season's end which basically told us where this thing would end up

now if he end's up in DEN, as a Lewis owner in 1 dynasty league, I'm pretty happy

:shrug:

just announced....Jamal RETURNS!

when I'm wrong....I'm wrong----the club gets him on their terms, as the deal isn't nearly what he wanted

3 yrs...no money announced as yet

when I'm wrong....I'm wrong----the  club gets him on their terms, as the deal isn't nearly what he wanted

Just read the same on Rotoworld. The five minutes of fame for Mike Anderson was...well...five minutes long.

when I'm wrong....I'm wrong----the club gets him on their terms, as the deal isn't nearly what he wanted

3 years for $25mm.

Users who are viewing this thread