What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where is this best mock draft website? (1 Viewer)

The Fantasy Chef

Footballguy
What website will best recreate my fantasy leagues ppr draft. No one seems to be in the mock drafts for the my fantasy leagues website?

Thanks for any suggestions

fantasyfootballcalculator.com has less of a drive-by feel than the other sites. If you have a league full of sharks, I'd go there. If you are in a league where one or two of the guys will take a QB in the first round, then yahoo or ESPN may do just fine.

fantasyfootballcalculator.com has less of a drive-by feel than the other sites. If you have a league full of sharks, I'd go there. If you are in a league where one or two of the guys will take a QB in the first round, then yahoo or ESPN may do just fine.
If you do a few ESPN/Yahoo drafts you will see a lot if variety, I saw drafts where 3 QBs went in the first all the way to Rodgers and Brees not going until the last picks of the 2nd.

Agree, if you draft with people who are in between fish and knowledgable, id mock at FFC. ESPN and Yahoo are cesspools.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree, if you draft with people who are in between fish and knowledgable, id mock at FFC. ESPN and Yahoo are cesspools.
I found ESPN is a little better, Yahoo does have some morons taking D and kicker way too early. People are going to more likely default to the preset rankings. It has it's drawbacks. However, the half of the draft goes pretty similar to what you are likely to see in real drafts. Like anything, it has it's limitations.The nice thing is just that they are firing off so many drafts 24/7.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your league has been around for a while with roughly the same guys, I'd look at past drafts to get a sense of how many of each position tends to get drafted in each round.

So if you have, say, the sixth pick this year, you can determine how many players at each position are taken on average before each of your picks rolls around. So maybe at 1.06 you're looking, on average, at RB4, WR2, or any QB or TE. Maybe by 2.07, you're looking at RB8/9, WR 3/4, QB2, or any TE. And so on.

Grab the ADP information from any site (I use My Fantasy League, since that's the site we use for our league), and, for your 2.07 pick, cross of RB1-7, WR1-2, and QB1. Whoever's next on the ADP at each position is who's likely to be available.

Doing a mock draft for your league doesn't tell you that much, because you really don't care what player each individual owner is picking. You just care about what players are going to be available to you in each round. And this method is more effective: since you've factored in your own league's past drafts, your pseudo mock draft is going to account for the idiosyncrasies of the owners whom you'll actually be drafting with.

The online mock drafts have never been very helpful to me because the way they go does not reflect how my league's drafts tend to go. Our league tends to be less RB-crazy than the average league. More WRs and QBs (and even TEs) go early. My method better reflects that.

Hope this made some sense.

In the Yahoo leagues, defenses start getting drafted in the 6th and kickers in the 9th. I find it is a lot easier to draft a very strong team in my Yahoo mocks. FFC seems to have a lot more knowledgeable mock drafters imo, making it better practice.

Users who are viewing this thread