What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which QB will have had the best NFL season? (1 Viewer)

season being the key word

• Vince Young

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kordell Stewart

• Mike Vick

• Total voters
It would be hard for Vince Young to ever get close to Vick's 900+ yard rushing season.
and neither Stewart nor Young will get enough attempts to throw 12+ INTs like Vick will.

I think Vince Young is such an enigma it's really hard to say. I think he may be better in the CFL but I've been wrong before, twice. I think Vick is still a pretty decent QB that creates matchup problems, and for the most part wins. Kordell Stewert was asked to do too much (even in Pittsburgh) and never really had the talent of either of the other two.

Running student body right every play in the NFL isn't going to work and Young may just be overwhelmed by the complexity of the game. I'll be watching... :popcorn:

The question is not clear. Do you mean the 2006 season only? Do you mean fantasy or NFL? Do you mean best season at any point in a career? A little help, please . . .

The question is not clear. Do you mean the 2006 season only? Do you mean fantasy or NFL? Do you mean best season at any point in a career? A little help, please . . .
Any NFL season at any point in career.Stewart has had the best season thus far by most accounts, and I'm basically asking if VY and/or Vick will ever be able to top it.

Young actually gives a $#$%&*%$ about being a better passer and should work hard on it! I think he can become a more athletic version of Mcnabb. Vick gets voted to the probowl oon hype alone - he can't pass at all ! ! more important he doesn't really try.. Kordell :bag:

The question is not clear.  Do you mean the 2006 season only?  Do you mean fantasy or NFL?  Do you mean best season at any point in a career?  A little help, please . . .
Any NFL season at any point in career.Stewart has had the best season thus far by most accounts, and I'm basically asking if VY and/or Vick will ever be able to top it.
I'd say Vick vs Stewart is pretty much a push.Vick 02

#3 ranked fantasy QB

331 total fantasy points socred

22.07 ppg

Stewart 97

#2 ranked fantasy QB

332 total fantasy points scored

20.75 ppg

The question is not clear.  Do you mean the 2006 season only?  Do you mean fantasy or NFL?  Do you mean best season at any point in a career?  A little help, please . . .

#3 ranked fantasy QB

22.07 ppg

Stewart 97

#2 ranked fantasy QB

20.75 ppg
QB Rating should be heavily in favor of Stewart...though I'm not a QB Rating expert by any stretch of the imagination.

#3 ranked fantasy QB

22.07 ppg

Stewart 97

#2 ranked fantasy QB

20.75 ppg
QB Rating should be heavily in favor of Stewart...though I'm not a QB Rating expert by any stretch of the imagination.
If we are debating "real world" attributes, than team record, playoff appearances, and depth into the post-season should also be considered.

Kordell Stewart, 1997

Passer Rating: 75.2

Pass TDs: 21

Rush TDs: 11

INTs: 17

Fumbles: 6

Sacks: 20

Regular season record: 11-5

Playoffs: First-round bye

Beat New England in Pittsburgh, 7-6

Lost AFC Championship to Denver, in Pittsburgh, 24-21

Michael Vick, 2002

Passer Rating: 81.6

Pass TDs: 16

Rush TDs: 8

INTs: 8

Fumbles: 9

Sacks: 33

Regular season record: 9-6-1 (the tie, ironically, was against Pittsburgh)

Playoffs: beat Green Bay in Green Bay, 27-7

lost to Philly in Philly, 20-6

It's pretty close. I'd give a very slight edge to Vick, who was slightly better as a passer and also outrushed Kordell by 301 yards (777 to 476).

All facts found at www.databasefootball.com.

One day soon people are going to feel really stupid for insisting on comparing Vince Young to Mike Vick.
I think Young is far more comparable to Randal Cunningham than Vick any day. Young will be far better than Vick ever will be in my opinion, though he will never be the running threat that Vick is, Young can still get out in open space and make plays.

One day soon people are going to feel really stupid for insisting on comparing Vince Young to Mike Vick.
I think Young is far more comparable to Randal Cunningham than Vick any day. Young will be far better than Vick ever will be in my opinion, though he will never be the running threat that Vick is, Young can still get out in open space and make plays.
With the exception of Cunningham's inability to win the big game, I agree with you.

Nasty, you speak the truth. Texasmouth, I agree except that I don't see Vick as a much better runner than Vince, just different. Vince appears to have better vision, and is certainly bigger and much stronger. I've never seen the guy tackled by one man. Can't say that about Vick, even in college. Vick is quicker than Vince, but not much faster in the top end, if any. Watch Vince pull away from the DBs chasing him.

I don't think either will top Kordell's 1997 season, but If I had to pick one, I would go with Young over Vick. I think we've seen just about the best of Vick and he hasn't come too close yet.

Users who are viewing this thread