What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which RB's have lived up to expectations so far? (1 Viewer)

Deamon

Footballguy
I know, I know, it's only week 2.  But I can't remember a year where so many of the top 10-round RB's have looked lackluster or been injured right off the hop. 

From the below list, how many of these guys are owners satisfied with where they drafted them?  Could be based on production OR outlook.  Can't make an argument for many.

Burkhead
White
Michel
Crowell
Powell
Drake
Mccoy

Hunt
Freeman
Gordon
Lynch

Mixon
Collins
Hyde
Bell

Fournette
Henry
Lewis
Mack
Miller

Zeke
AP
Ajayi
Barkley

Gurley
Penny
Carson
D. Johnson

J. Williams
Cook
Howard
Cohen
K. Johnson

Barber
Freeman
Coleman
CMC
Kamara
Ingram

I've only got about 15 of the 38 that I would be happy about where I took them and be starting them with confidence next week.

1.01 Gurley - delightful

1.11 Gordon - tremendous

was super pleased it went Fournettte => Beckham => me (Gordon) in that 2nd league. 

:pickle:

1.01 Gurley - delightful

1.11 Gordon - tremendous

was super pleased it went Fournettte => Beckham => me (Gordon) in that 2nd league. 

:pickle:
For sure.  Those are two beauties.  I was aiming for Fournette but got Gordon instead and it's been nice.  Who were your RB's in the other rounds though?

From the 4 spot, I ended up with DJ, Devonta, Collins, Barber, Conner, Clement.  I am not the happiest of campers at this point.

For sure.  Those are two beauties.  I was aiming for Fournette but got Gordon instead and it's been nice.  Who were your RB's in the other rounds though?
League 1 I went WR-WR (Evans/Hill) then Royce Freeman 4.12 (along with Thielen 5.01)

League 2 I took Alex Collins 3.11 (K.Allen 2.02) then Diggs 4.02. That said, consider Colin’s my 4.02, because team 12 went WR/WR & I knew 99.9% they were going RB/RB, which they did. So it’s as though I took Diggs at 3.11.

obiously I’m less thrilled with my RB2s right now. But I am optimistic that both will pay dividends as the year goes on. When weather turns for the worse, I expect some of the RBs people are down on right now to have a much bigger role. Even without weather I believe both Freeman &’Collons will see their usage increase to plug & play RB2. They’ve been close to that already. 

Behind them I’ve got a bunch of guys like AP, James white, Peyton Barber. 

Health will be a big factor for my top starters, but my WR corps are carrying me. 

From the 4 spot, I ended up with DJ, Devonta, Collins, Barber, Conner, Clement.  I am not the happiest of campers at this point.
Right after the draft I would have probably been totally thrilled with that.  At least Conner is carrying the load. 1 for 6 is almost as good as most people are hitting right now.

Drafting from 7th spot in 10 teamer, PPR:

Barkley, Hunt, Collins, Ingram, Clement... and was able to pluck Conner and LIndsay as FA's.

Fortunately, we play SuperFlex, so I can start 4 RB's each week.  I've been very happy so far, fortunately Collins is essentially an RB4 on my team right now, will be an RB 5 once Ingram comes back from suspension.

I've been happy with every RB I drafted in my main league other than taking Peyton Barber in the ninth. 

1.10 - Melvin Gordon

2.01 - CMC

3.11 - Mixon (yeah, he's hurt but I am still fine with what I paid and knowing I'll have him back soon)

9.11 - Barber

13.11 - Crowell (cheap depth)

17.11 - Ekeler

UDFA - Conner

1: McCaffrey - Love it

5: Lynch - Eh. Good depth. 

11: Guice - Keeper for next year

12: Henry - Keeper from last year; really disappointed with his production thus far

16:  Barber - Expected much more from him

19: Burkhead - Keeper from last year; another disappointment 

21: ADP - Can’t be upset with where I got him

28: Kamara - Keeper from last year; nothing to be said about this

So aside from my #1/2, pretty ####ty.  But only points from 1 and 2 count so cant complain. 

Mixon was totally good until the injury.

not totally sure what you're criteria are, but AP would seemingly be included.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mixon was totally good until the injury.

not totally sure what you're criteria are, but AP would seemingly be included.
Mixon's ROS outlook is still excellent. Less wear and tear on his body, and the run defenses he will be facing ROS don't look imposing.

Lots of room for many of these guys to improve greatly. For example - Sony Michel and Aaron Jones. Both could be huge late in the season.

Still early days.

Cook, Hyde, Kerryon, Cohen, Lindsay (WW)

Cook - has been fine (it's full PPR) but he's not really gotten going yet.

Hyde - is the RB to own in CLE. Not sure owning the RB to own in CLE is a winning strategy.

Kerryon - rips off a big gain and gets taken out. Love his catching ability, but he needs to be fed to be effective. Gonna be a frustrating year.

Cohen - might be hurt now, but so far exactly what I expected in August for CoP guys like Thompson/Riddick/Eckler. Gonna be weeks the box score looks amazing, then...game script.

Lindsay - seems legit, but looks like a full blown rbbc. Plus....he's little.

But IDC, my WR corps rocks. 3 solid starters (AB-T.Y.-Tate), 3 young guys doing well (Geronimo-Westbrook-Williams), and Jeffrey might even play a game this year.

In full PPR, I never all that excited about RBs. I need one bell cow, one guy who gets touches, and a couple CoP guys to fill in or flex. It's not like I'm ever gonna go RB-RB-RB ever again in my lifetime.

i assume those of u happy with Cook so far is PPR. i'm in a auction league so can't speak to how high I got him for comparison, but his salary (fantasy) is pretty much a second or third rounder and he's technically a bust so far at that range. happy with his usage and very much hopeful for ROS, but certainly not feeling value out of him.

Ajayi and Howard are solid picks so far. I can see Ajayi's production going up with Wentz in the lineup going forward also, Foles scares no one.

I've been happy with every RB I drafted in my main league other than taking Peyton Barber in the ninth. 

1.10 - Melvin Gordon

2.01 - CMC

3.11 - Mixon (yeah, he's hurt but I am still fine with what I paid and knowing I'll have him back soon)

9.11 - Barber

13.11 - Crowell (cheap depth)

17.11 - Ekeler

UDFA - Conner
Mixon went 3.11?  Crowell 13.11?  Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread