What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Which RBs to add/keep on my short roster? (1 Viewer)

Lehigh98

Footballguy
Start QB, RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), K, D

Standard 1 per 10, 6 per TD, and 1 PPR

With the shortish rosters (6 bench spots) there are RBs available and checking to see who others thing I should hold onto.

Right now I have David Johnson, Joe Mixon, Mark Ingram, Sony Michel, and James White. (4/6 bench spots are RB  right now)

Available on the WW: Nick Chubb, Kenyan Drake, Jalen Richard, Jordan Howard, Chris Thompson, Kenyan Drake, Tevin Coleman, Duke Johnson, Philip Lindsay, Marlon Mack, Bilal Powell, Chris Carson, Buck Allen, Matt Breida, Doug Martin, etc.

Would you make a move at RB?  Who would you pick up and who would you drop?

Full Roster if it makes any difference:

QB    Aaron Rodgers, GB 
RB    David Johnson, Ari
WR    Michael Thomas, NO     
WR    Adam Thielen, Min     
TE    Rob Gronkowski, NE
FLEX    JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pit     
D/ST    Ravens D/ST D/ST    
K    Dan Bailey, Min 
Bench    Drew Brees, NO     
Bench    Kyle Rudolph, Min 
Bench    Joe Mixon, Cin 
Bench    Mark Ingram II, NO    
Bench    Sony Michel, NE     
Bench    James White, NE 

TIA!

I would drop Rudolph for Chubb and I would try and deal Brees or Rodgers now that they've both had their byes.
Thanks for the input, my concern with dropping Rudolph is Gronk's gimpy back and if it will continue to keep him out of games.

There's only 8 teams in this league and everyone has a pretty good QB and no one is that interested in giving up top players for Rodgers or Brees.  I have both because Brees slipped so far in draft I just had to pick him up.  Will keep an eye out for the opportunity though.

Thanks for the input, my concern with dropping Rudolph is Gronk's gimpy back and if it will continue to keep him out of games.

There's only 8 teams in this league and everyone has a pretty good QB and no one is that interested in giving up top players for Rodgers or Brees.  I have both because Brees slipped so far in draft I just had to pick him up.  Will keep an eye out for the opportunity though.
In an 8 team league there will be other TE's available including Rudolph on waivers should you need one.

I would drop Rudolph for Chubb and I would try and deal Brees or Rodgers now that they've both had their byes.
I wouldn't do that considering that Gronk isn't healthy and not playing.  You still need someone to put in at TE.  I do agree that putting up the QB's for trade and taking the deal that brings back the best return.

Since you can only play at most 2 RB's and you already have 5 guys better than anybody on waivers it doesn't make a lot of sense to pick up anybody else.

ETA:  Your situation makes a lot more sense that it is an 8 team league.  Too much talent on waivers.  Also, with that few teams look to increase starting spots to make things a little more difficult.  Right now it is a complete crapshoot because every team is stacked and it's a flip of a coin on who to start with such few starting positions.  There are no bad starters just unlucky ones that don't blow up any given week.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread