What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who am I (WR)? (1 Viewer)

RGIII HTTR

Footballguy
I am supposedly the top WR on a good offensive team. In the past 3 games I've played, I have made 6 catches on 11 targets for total of 44 yards. For some reason, I still get ranked decently on weekly basis by the fantasy expurts, but nobody is talking about me and my pedestrian performances.

Who am I???

Just bringing to light how a WR1 on a very good offensive is not talked about much, but still valued by most FF sites...last 3 games are down right scary, especially considering how Graham barely played last game. If his name were not Marques Colston, then he'd be dropped by most...Yahoo league still show that 94% still own him though.

Similar logic caused me to drop Colston for the Tenn defense last night. I couldn't tolerate three one point games in a row and finally had to cut him. Felt nearly as good as getting rid of Bowe earlier this season.

His teammate Sproles is similarly overrated (especially in standard, where he is near worthless). Cut him for Vereen last night, in case it helps to know what people like me are doing, with these underperforming duds.

I've got Colston...stupid bum. I didn't even want him, but I picked 11th, and things were thin at the end of the round at WR, and I had him as the last guy in his tier. I should've trusted my gut and just gone elsewhere.

I tried to trade him 2 weeks ago but there were no takers. :(

You say that he's ranked highly by fantasy experts. Maybe provide at least a little proof/context. Show us rankings where he's gotten too much credit.

Without that, your accusation is a totally baseless straw man.

You say that he's ranked highly by fantasy experts. Maybe provide at least a little proof/context. Show us rankings where he's gotten too much credit.

FantasyPros' consensus rest of season rankings currently has Colston listed as WR 19 in standard and 21 in PPR. That's pretty high.

FBG had him at 28 last week, but adjusted this week, dropping him to 36.

FantasyPros' consensus rest of season rankings currently has Colston listed as WR 19 in standard and 21 in PPR. That's pretty high.

FBG had him at 28 last week, but adjusted this week, dropping him to 36.
Only one staff member (Parsons) has him lower than 33 in dynasty.

Nobody said HIGHLY, what was said was "I still get ranked decently on weekly basis by the fantasy expurts." I think Pietaster2 responded adequately to your misunderstood point.

After everything he HASN'T done this season, according to Rotoworld's "experts", halfway thru the season, his weekly performance is only now becoming worrisome. Only now.....they only dropped him to a wr3 this week. He gets a 60 yard performance or a fluke TD he'll instantly be a solid WR2 again to those morons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moved him for a first rounder at the trade deadline last year. That pick became Tyler Eifert in a pure dynasty league

Users who are viewing this thread