What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are this years GL Vultures? (1 Viewer)

TapRackBang

Footballguy
I suspect AJ Dillion will siphon off TD"s from Aaron Jones at the stripe, but other than him, who else can you think of that vultures the GL carries this year?

I'd look to Foreman in CAR. I've read several times that CAR wants to reduce CMC's workload to keep him healthy, and that Foreman makes the most sense as a GL back due to his size.

Worth filing away both for zero RB folks, and for those considering CMC as a top 2 pick.

Another candidate is that Mason kid in San Fran (because of course it won't be TDP, it will be the udfa who came in the same draft class)

Zack Moss?
I have no idea on this backfield at all.
Neither does anyone.

I posted in the Z.Moss thread that at their relative ADPs, (Singletary RB27, Cook RB38, Moss RB68 in MFL 12 team, PPR, redraft only, no mocks, since Aug 15th) Moss seems to represent significant value.

This RB group could go so many ways. Singletary finished 2021 strong and the Bills have spared him from action in meaningless games this preseason. In this offense he could have a HUGE season if he's really locked in as #1.

Cook was drafted in the 2nd round for a reason, and it wasn't because they loved their RB room.

Moss has been getting nothing but positive press since OTAs. Apparently he was dealing with a lower leg issue all 2021. And he's looked great in the preseason.

Realistically it will be a split, so, IMHO I'm going to target the guy who seems to be in line to get the goal line love.

But, who really knows. All 3 RBs are pretty small, on paper so maybe that is also flawed logic.

I could see New England getting Stevenson more involved up and down the field and leaning toward Harris at the goal line. Not that Stevenson couldn't be the GL back, but they love to rotate their guys and he's got the juice to break one from further out, so I could see him becoming the 60 of a 60/40 split, and ceding GL carries to Harris as that becomes his role.

I'd look to Foreman in CAR. I've read several times that CAR wants to reduce CMC's workload to keep him healthy, and that Foreman makes the most sense as a GL back due to his size.

Worth filing away both for zero RB folks, and for those considering CMC as a top 2 pick.
I agree with this theory.

Months ago, Rhule was borderline obsessed with TEN when he was on the radio. He mentioned CMC goes down and then Chuba absorbs a ton of hits and yet the Titans backs are the opposite and hurt the D. He even went onto mention Arthur in Atlanta with Patterson.

He hasn't really mentioned it since that I know of, but they did add Foreman. I have noticed some tweets they're working in a two TE offense. That's it and that's not exactly telling.

CMC is not the back to do a two TE offense, Foreman is.

Rhule is in a bad place where he could about lose his job if he doesn't figure out a way to keep CMC healthy and enable him to still star.

I wouldn't be surprised if they let Foreman have a series. I'd bet they look at any blocking TEs or cut FBs real closely too. (Minimal cost, easy add)

The story of his tenure often gets discussed as the QB rotation but it's also life without CMC.

What about Melvin Gordon? Will he be the GL back in Denver??
Why would he be? Williams is a tank. With the said Gordon will get GL, if he’s on the field at the time.
Gordon is a savvy veteran that got his share of TDs last year when Javonte did more of the heavy lifting on a drive.
He looked older slower when I saw him. Still a lock for 4-5 yards and that'll never not be valuable in a backup. I like how he plays hurt too.

Users who are viewing this thread