What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

who blew up the nord stream 1 and 2 pipelines (1 Viewer)

Wow. That was a pretty fast investigation. Almost like they knew exactly when this was going to happen.
Tucker already had these talking points blaming the US going last night. He gets them fast.
Currently watching Ingraham (at the in-laws).

I’m not up to date on this issue. Why is Fox apparently defending Russia and claiming we did this? I don’t get it.
Because that's what gets views on their channel and clicks on their website....nothing more.
But… why? People really prefer to defend Russia if it means making Biden the bad guy?
I have no evidence of it, but I have to imagine that Russia either has blackmail on Tucker and Tulsi and a couple others... or is paying them, either directly or via dark money donations (for the politicians). It just seems like they're ALWAYS on the Russian propaganda talking points. I don't think anyone who truly loved the US would full sail swallow everything Russia says 100% of the time like they do.
Yeah, maybe.

I mean I get that there are some Republicans who hate Democrats with a true (and vice versa). And I get that there's a solid business model for talking heads to pander to such an audience (Tucker, Alex Jones, Ingraham, that yelling Levin guy). But Russia seems like the line not worth crossing.

CPAC just had Viktor Orban as a keynote speaker. There's a weird cozying up to right wing dictators thing going on in certain parts of the American conservative movement.

This is the problem with the internet and social media. They are taking one statement by Biden and ignoring all context then using it as a gotcha that Biden commited a terrorist act. Anyone who knows the context around that statement by Biden knows that he was trying to dissuade Putin from invading Ukraine. And he carried through on that threat by getting Germany to pull the certification for Nord Stream 2.
As one who does follow the aspects of the spin / political gamesmanship I enjoyed that when pointing out that Biden might have done this rather gangster action, the most partisan also had to simultaneously make the point that Biden is also vegetable.
Biden isn’t capable of ordering his nightly tapioca pudding . Everyone knows the deal with him

This is the problem with the internet and social media. They are taking one statement by Biden and ignoring all context then using it as a gotcha that Biden commited a terrorist act. Anyone who knows the context around that statement by Biden knows that he was trying to dissuade Putin from invading Ukraine. And he carried through on that threat by getting Germany to pull the certification for Nord Stream 2.
As one who does follow the aspects of the spin / political gamesmanship I enjoyed that when pointing out that Biden might have done this rather gangster action, the most partisan also had to simultaneously make the point that Biden is also vegetable.
Biden isn’t capable of ordering his nightly tapioca pudding . Everyone knows the deal with him
There you go :lol:

When Trump used this language about shutting down this pipeline i'm sure it was awesome and powerful!

Wow. That was a pretty fast investigation. Almost like they knew exactly when this was going to happen.
Tucker already had these talking points blaming the US going last night. He gets them fast.

I’m not up to date on this issue. Why is Fox apparently defending Russia and claiming we did this? I don’t get it.
Because that's what gets views on their channel and clicks on their website....nothing more.
But… why? People really prefer to defend Russia if it means making Biden the bad guy?
I have no evidence of it, but I have to imagine that Russia either has blackmail on Tucker and Tulsi and a couple others... or is paying them, either directly or via dark money donations (for the politicians). It just seems like they're ALWAYS on the Russian propaganda talking points. I don't think anyone who truly loved the US would full sail swallow everything Russia says 100% of the time like they do.
Yeah, maybe.

I mean I get that there are some Republicans who hate Democrats with a true (and vice versa). And I get that there's a solid business model for talking heads to pander to such an audience (Tucker, Alex Jones, Ingraham, that yelling Levin guy). But Russia seems like the line not worth crossing.

CPAC just had Viktor Orban as a keynote speaker. There's a weird cozying up to right wing dictators thing going on in certain parts of the American conservative movement.
I think part of it is some overcompensating to be seen as tough guys as they wear penny loafers and play squash before brunch. Tucker spoke at a Hell's Angels funeral the other day and romanticized about how they stand for the type of things he longs to be.

This guy is super odd.

Yeah, maybe.

I think part of it is some overcompensating to be seen as tough guys as they wear penny loafers and play squash before brunch. Tucker spoke at a Hell's Angels funeral the other day and romanticized about how they stand for the type of things he longs to be.

This guy is super odd.
Wat

Yeah, maybe.

This guy is super odd.
Wat
No word if Tucker got an honorary badge or patch for his sport coat

Yeah, maybe.

This guy is super odd.
Wat
No word if Tucker got an honorary badge or patch for his sport coat
Sonny Barger was an interesting guy

I honestly think people who post “Biden” or “Trump”, even as a question or joke, even suggesting that the “other side” will make this claim, should be suspended.

This is another example of the woke left wanting to censor voices that they disagree with. Make no mistake, Tim is against free speech. The above makes it blatantly obvious that he wants to silence those who voice a narrative different than his.

As to whether the US icould be responsible, look no further than Biden's words two weeks prior to the Russian invasion. "If Russia invades, that means tanks and troops crossing the border, then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."

So there is a valid and convincing argument that the US is responsible for the sabotage and don't let Tim say otherwise.
No there, really isn't. The project was already halted. Stop listening to Tucker Carlson

[Binden]We will bring an end to it.[/Biden]

I don't see any Tucker in there.

Why are the lefties so quick to ignore Biden's threats?
Was it up and running? Or abandoned? Was that largely due to what happened since the invasion?

I don't think people ignored the threat, they saw he already took action and made good on this threat.
Why are those wishing to believe in conspiracies ignoring the evidence that it was likely Russia who sabotaged it?

When Trump used this language about shutting down this pipeline i'm sure it was awesome and powerful!
They even made a commemorative coin about it.

I want one for his idea of nuking hurricanes.

I honestly think people who post “Biden” or “Trump”, even as a question or joke, even suggesting that the “other side” will make this claim, should be suspended.

This is another example of the woke left wanting to censor voices that they disagree with. Make no mistake, Tim is against free speech. The above makes it blatantly obvious that he wants to silence those who voice a narrative different than his.

As to whether the US icould be responsible, look no further than Biden's words two weeks prior to the Russian invasion. "If Russia invades, that means tanks and troops crossing the border, then there will be no longer a Nord Stream 2. We will bring an end to it."

So there is a valid and convincing argument that the US is responsible for the sabotage and don't let Tim say otherwise.
No there, really isn't. The project was already halted. Stop listening to Tucker Carlson

Was it up and running? Or abandoned? Was that largely due to what happened since the invasion?

I don't think people ignored the threat, they saw he already took action and made good on this threat.
Why are those wishing to believe in conspiracies ignoring the evidence that it was likely Russia who sabotaged it?

What evidence is there that Russia did this? Much bigger conspiracy to think Russia blew up a pipeline that brings them billions.

What evidence is there that Russia did this? Much bigger conspiracy to think Russia blew up a pipeline that brings them billions.
Yea, much bigger that the deranged despot who is losing a war and already done some pretty ****ed up **** would do this

I want one for his idea of nuking hurricanes.
One side of the coin the nuke, the other his hand drawn map of the hurricane path reaching Alabama.

Considering the one you are talking about Biden's quotes was never finished and abandoned and not bringing them anything...seems strange logic.
Also, in the other thread talking about ships being spotted in the area...no evidence of us being around there...the fact that Ukraine is not going well and he needs something to rally his people (who are now leaving his country in numbers).
Need more? Since you have no evidence at all of US involvement other than speculation because you don't like democrats and Biden.

A couple of things:

A couple of things:

The Swedish Coast Guard also recovered a submersible that could have been involved.

Could the most obvious and logical solution be correct? Why not take Biden's threat to end the pipeline seriously? Could the right wing media outlets actually be reporting news this time?
Do you find it odd that Tucker leads his show with this? How much time was spent on other theories about the pipeline?

Nord Stream 2 Pipeline is a trophy for Dark Brandon and not one he would blow up for spits and giggles, it's his bling for going toe to toe with the Russian gangsta and backing him down.
It is interesting how posters who think Biden can't tie his shoes think he is also blowing up pipelines like a James Bond villain.
I heard, just like Tom Cruise, Biden does all his own stunts. I’d give anything to see the video of Joe dawning the wet suit and diving down to place the explosive, only to swim out just in time before the blast goes off.

if it's really going to cost $3000 a month for the avg European to heat their house this winter. I think it makes sense for putting to blow it up. no international pressure to send gas.

Nord Stream 2 Pipeline is a trophy for Dark Brandon and not one he would blow up for spits and giggles, it's his bling for going toe to toe with the Russian gangsta and backing him down.
It is interesting how posters who think Biden can't tie his shoes think he is also blowing up pipelines like a James Bond villain.
I heard, just like Tom Cruise, Biden does all his own stunts. I’d give anything to see the video of Joe dawning the wet suit and diving down to place the explosive, only to swim out just in time before the blast goes off.
I'm gonna need a link to where you heard that.

I'm not gonna speculate on who attacked the pipeline until there is more info but if it was incomplete and abandoned, what's leaking into the ocean?

I'm not gonna speculate on who attacked the pipeline until there is more info but if it was incomplete and abandoned, what's leaking into the ocean?
They were currently shut down but still full of gas. The gas that was in the pipes is what is leaking into the oceans. They say it is mainly methane that is leaking from the pipes right now.

They were currently shut down but still full of gas. The gas that was in the pipes is what is leaking into the oceans. They say it is mainly methane that is leaking from the pipes right now.
Thanks. Just seems weird to have gas in them if the pipeline is incomplete. Normally they use air pressure until the final approval.

Does Europe have the ability to shut down the flow upline, before the leaks, or is that only capable by Russia as they send it?

Thanks. Just seems weird to have gas in them if the pipeline is incomplete. Normally they use air pressure until the final approval.
Nord Stream 1 has been complete and operational for quite a few years. Nord Stream 2 was complete but never put into operation. I assume they had already sent gas through it to test it, but not sure about that.

Nord Stream 1 has been complete and operational for quite a few years. Nord Stream 2 was complete but never put into operation. I assume they had already sent gas through it to test it, but not sure about that.
Ah, ok.

I thought NS2 had never been completed.
Thanks again.

Also now reading that one of the lines of Nord Stream 2 is undamaged. Russia is saying that they could make it operational to allow them to continue shipping gas to Germany. Both lines of Nord Stream 1 are damaged. Russia has been pressuring Germany for months to allow Nord Stream 2 to open. So there is some more motive for Russia to be behind the attack.

Also now reading that one of the lines of Nord Stream 2 is undamaged. Russia is saying that they could make it operational to allow them to continue shipping gas to Germany. Both lines of Nord Stream 1 are damaged. Russia has been pressuring Germany for months to allow Nord Stream 2 to open. So there is some more motive for Russia to be behind the attack.

And Putin comes in like the hero "Oh, I was able to repair the pipeline from those nasty saboteurs and get you the much needed energy!" and thinks the world will give him a pass.

European security officials observed Russian Navy ships in vicinity of Nord Stream pipeline leaks

European security officials on Monday and Tuesday observed Russian Navy support ships in the vicinity of leaks in the Nord Stream pipelines likely caused by underwater explosions, according two Western intelligence officials and one other source familiar with the matter.

It's unclear whether the ships had anything to do with those explosions, these sources and others said -- but it's one of the many factors that investigators will be looking into.

Russian submarines were also observed not far from those areas last week, one of the intelligence officials said.

Russian ships routinely operate in the area, according to one Danish military official, who emphasized that the presence of the ships doesn't necessarily indicate that Russia caused the damage.

"We see them every week," this person said. "Russian activities in the Baltic Sea have increased in recent years. They're quite often testing our awareness -- both at sea and in the air."

But the sightings still cast further suspicion on Russia, which has drawn the most attention from both European and US officials as the only actor in the region believed to have both the capability and motivation to deliberately damage the pipelines.

US officials declined to comment on the intelligence about the ships on Wednesday.

Interesting that Russia can't bungles the Ukraine invasion and can even get gas to tanks but are expert adversaries elsewhere.

if it's really going to cost $3000 a month for the avg European to heat their house this winter. I think it makes sense for putting to blow it up. no international pressure to send gas.
Where are you seeing this 3000 number? I have seen 500 thrown around

$500? Many of us spent more than that on car gas increases in one month. Would $500 even move the needle>

European security officials observed Russian Navy ships in vicinity of Nord Stream pipeline leaks

European security officials on Monday and Tuesday observed Russian Navy support ships in the vicinity of leaks in the Nord Stream pipelines likely caused by underwater explosions, according two Western intelligence officials and one other source familiar with the matter.

It's unclear whether the ships had anything to do with those explosions, these sources and others said -- but it's one of the many factors that investigators will be looking into.

Russian submarines were also observed not far from those areas last week, one of the intelligence officials said.

Russian ships routinely operate in the area, according to one Danish military official, who emphasized that the presence of the ships doesn't necessarily indicate that Russia caused the damage.

"We see them every week," this person said. "Russian activities in the Baltic Sea have increased in recent years. They're quite often testing our awareness -- both at sea and in the air."

But the sightings still cast further suspicion on Russia, which has drawn the most attention from both European and US officials as the only actor in the region believed to have both the capability and motivation to deliberately damage the pipelines.

US officials declined to comment on the intelligence about the ships on Wednesday.

Interesting that Russia can't bungles the Ukraine invasion and can even get gas to tanks but are expert adversaries elsewhere.
This article posted in the Ukraine war thread addresses that. Essentially, it wasn't deliberate. It was poor maintenance by the Russians. Seems plausible.

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/the-russia-ukraine-conflict-thread.803235/post-24217456

Last edited:
This article posted in the Ukraine war thread addresses that. Essentially, it wasn't deliberate. It was poor maintenance by the Russians. Seems plausible.

https://forums.footballguys.com/threads/the-russia-ukraine-conflict-thread.803235/post-24217456

I don't know enough about pipeline maintenance to say anything meaningful, but it seems highly unlikely to me that a lack of maintenance would cause 4 separate explosions in two completely separate pipelines all at the same time.

I don't know enough about pipeline maintenance to say anything meaningful, but it seems highly unlikely to me that a lack of maintenance would cause 4 separate explosions in two completely separate pipelines at the same time.
I agree, but the article covers it. That being said, I'm not buying it hook, line and sinker. Just saying it seems somewhat plausible.

If Biden was the mastermind behind this, it would be an amazing story. I mean, he might be the first mastermind with dementia ever. :thumbup:

$500? Many of us spent more than that on car gas increases in one month. Would $500 even move the needle>
I would think 500 a month would be drastic increase for most folks. I line in MM and my heating bill is like 200 bucks a month on winter. A 2.5 time increase would be felt.

Also, did people really pay 500 extra a month for gas? That seems like a huge outlier.

I would think 500 a month would be drastic increase for most folks. I line in MM and my heating bill is like 200 bucks a month on winter. A 2.5 time increase would be felt.

Also, did people really pay 500 extra a month for gas? That seems like a huge outlier.

You are correct. I paid an extra $200 to $300 a month. The point was that many of us have already seen a auto gas impact that will match this heating bill impact.

If Biden was the mastermind behind this, it would be an amazing story. I mean, he might be the first mastermind with dementia ever. :thumbup:
How many times does it have to be said that when people say Biden in cases like this they mean his Administration not the man himself.
At least I hope they wouldn't trust him with big decisions.

How many times does it have to be said that when people say Biden in cases like this they mean his Administration not the man himself.
At least I hope they wouldn't trust him with big decisions.
Biden doesn't have to be the mastermind. He could be the old fool in office that was convinced to say yes.

Users who are viewing this thread