What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do I start, Too many good matchups, too few good players (1 Viewer)

sgtrobo

Footballguy
so injuries to my RBs and the backups to my RB picks have left me scrambling all season for waiver wire RBs (RIP DJ, Cook, Chris Thompson)

0.5 PPR, standard scoring, 12-team redraft league.  Only worried about RBs and WRs, start 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 flex:

RBs 
Alfred Morris @ NYG (12th most points allowed to RBs)
Samaje Perine @ Chargers (5th most allowed)
Peyton Barber vs. Detroit (3rd most allowed)

Derrick Henry @ Arizona (9th fewest pts allowed to RBs)

WRs
Josh Gordon vs. GB (4th most allowed to WRs)
Marvin Jones Jr. @ TB (most allowed)
Adam Thielen @ Carolina (15th most allowed)

Alshon Jeffery @ Rams (9th fewest points allowed to WRs)
T.Y. Hilton @ Buffalo (14th fewest, snow showers, high of 29)
Dez Bryant @ NYG (12th most)

All 4 RBs are coming off really good games (Perine 1 game removed from his back-to-back 100 yarders). Henry is tough to trust because of his situation. Perine is a mediocre talent, Barber is an almost complete unknown, and Morris is old although he darn sure looked good (was it the early turnovers in 'Skins game?).

3 former WR1s sitting on my bench in Dez, T.Y., and Alshon. 
I'm not sure of Stafford's health this weekend, but that matchup is a thing of beauty
I don't like the matchup vs. the Rams (Johnson on Jeffery I presume?) and Dez and that offense is really tough to trust without Zeke in the ballgame (plus I have witten starting at TE and possibly Alfred Morris at RB)

I will be starting Thielen and Josh Gordon unless someone can convince me otherwise. 

So there are 2 primary questions:
1) Which 2 do I start at RB?
2) Who do I start in the flex?

Any help greatly appreciated

RB - gotta go Morris and Perine.  DHenry could definitely end up as your highest scorer, but in a timeshare in a bad matchup I don't see how anyone can trust him in the first round of the playoffs.  

WR - Thielen is auto-start.  My second choice would be Marvin Jones, great matchup and he's been emerging as a serious WR threat.  Going to be contingent on how good Stafford looks with that hand, but all reports I've seen said he's practicing fine so fingers crossed.  

Don't have a real issue with starting Gordon at flex if your mind is set on it.  He wouldn't be my third choice, but there's no one else that's a clear no-brainer over him so it's just based on preference. 

Users who are viewing this thread