What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do you trust the most for FBG Staff Insight (1 Viewer)

Who is your Go To FBG Staffer

• Bremel

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Pasquino

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Gray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dodds

Votes: 75 34.9%
  • Bryant

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Tremblay

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bloom

Votes: 46 21.4%
  • Hester

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Magaw

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Wood

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Henry

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Waldman

Votes: 29 13.5%
  • Stuart

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Wimer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Write in FBG Staffer

Votes: 10 4.7%

• Total voters
So really, when people talk about trust, they're really talking about self-affirmation of opinions...

Harstad is my favourite as a mostly dynasty focussed player, with Waldman always being interesting.

Can't say I use the rankings much at all, which limits their value.
It sure seems like this is a thread about who agrees with you, therefor like them. I do all of my own rankings so I really don't know who's rankings I agree with most. I just don't look at the others closely enough to recall names attached to them.

I like Waldman's insight more than most. Or maybe I just like reading him so it gives me a leg up on him in our league.... Lol.

I'm not going to pick favorites, but it's criminal how little love Bob Henry has gotten so far in this thread. The guy's like the silent assassin of FBGs- totally invisible despite the fact that he just keeps killing it year after year.
I think he gets respect, but unfortunately this poll only allows for one vote. I wish it could be "your top 3 guys" or something like that - Dodds and Henry kill it year after year. I hated this poll because we could only vote for one. Since I'm an IDP guy I had to use mine on an IDP staff member. For offense I would have gone Dodds or Henry.
Counting your post and mine, that brings him up to 4 mentions so far in this thread.

Since he doesn't write articles, he flies a bit under the radar. I was just offering a public service announcement for those who weren't aware, but Henry's projections are crazy good. Dodds and Henry both kill it every single year in the expert rankings. They're first and fourth in FantasyPros' multi-year expert accuracy rankings, and unlike most of the other top finishers, they're providing full-on projections, which means you can create a custom set of rankings tailored to any specific scoring system.

Again, just for those not in the know, but if you want a rock-solid starting point, use a hybrid of Dodds' and Henry's projections and you'll dominate every year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to pick favorites, but it's criminal how little love Bob Henry has gotten so far in this thread. The guy's like the silent assassin of FBGs- totally invisible despite the fact that he just keeps killing it year after year.
I think he gets respect, but unfortunately this poll only allows for one vote. I wish it could be "your top 3 guys" or something like that - Dodds and Henry kill it year after year. I hated this poll because we could only vote for one. Since I'm an IDP guy I had to use mine on an IDP staff member. For offense I would have gone Dodds or Henry.
Counting your post and mine, that brings him up to 4 mentions so far in this thread.

Since he doesn't write articles, he flies a bit under the radar. I was just offering a public service announcement for those who weren't aware, but Henry's projections are crazy good. Dodds and Henry both kill it every single year in the expert rankings. They're first and fourth in FantasyPros' multi-year expert accuracy rankings, and unlike most of the other top finishers, they're providing full-on projections, which means you can create a custom set of rankings tailored to any specific scoring system.

Again, just for those not in the know, but if you want a rock-solid starting point, use a hybrid of Dodds' and Henry's projections and you'll dominate every year.
:goodposting: This is spot on. Year after year, Dodds is the Man when it comes to pre-draft rankings and Henry is a close second.

Sadly, Henry's projection haven't been updated in over a week, probably due to the amazing Camp reports. As FBG grow and different types of content are churned out, some of my favorite articles get pushed back or dropped.

I always loved Dodds' From the Gut, his personal take on the upcoming year.

Another favorite was Dodds top 300 with the comment field ( I would manually type these into the DD notes section and it would take hours but it was a big help during the draft when numbers just can't tell the whole story behind the rankings) I would always look for a way to import this into DD and finally found a way, but he doesn't write the comments anymore. :(

I can't vote for just one, I follow about four staffers for different things. And here's a honorable mention for Herman's Kickology. I use to use darts to pick my week to week kicker.

Thumbs up to this.

Dodds, Henry, Pasquino, and Bloom are the FBguys who have had the most accurate preseason rankings, according to FantasyPros. All four of them have consistently been in the top third or so each year, and in the multi-year rankings they're first, fourth, sixth, and eleventh.

Users who are viewing this thread