What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who do you want to see the most this weekend? (1 Viewer)

msudaisy26

Footballguy
Pick one guy, give some expectations too. What you expect, what would disappoint you, and what would blow you away.

I am taking an easy one David Wilson. I have bought hard on the hype.

I expect 125 total yards, td and no fumbles

I would be disappointed with less than 75 total yards, no Tds, and a fumble

I would be blown away with 225 total yards, multiple touchdowns, and most the third down work.

I'm the most intrigued by Brady. I'm a Pats fan but I have NO feel for how he'll be this year.

Spike said:
I'm the most intrigued by Brady. I'm a Pats fan but I have NO feel for how he'll be this year.
Yeah, I'm just really curious how the New England offense plays out this weekend. Specifically I hope to get some clarity regarding the roles of Vereen, Thompkins, and Sudfield.

Can I just answer "FOOTBALL"?

Really excited to see Amendola assume his role of SuperWelker. Bigger, stronger, more route variety, but still a ton of targets from Tom.

Russel Wilson. Traveling from west coast to east. He goes from having no pressure to perform to being under the microscope. Will he handle it against a defense that the Hawks "should" trample? Does he really deserve to be in RG3 and Luck's. class. Will he be outshines by superman in his house and turn out to just be another guy?

Week 1 is a good litmus test.

By the way, Brady will be fine. Never underestimate the power of Tom Brady.

Russel Wilson. Traveling from west coast to east. He goes from having no pressure to perform to being under the microscope. Will he handle it against a defense that the Hawks "should" trample? Does he really deserve to be in RG3 and Luck's. class. Will he be outshines by superman in his house and turn out to just be another guy?

Week 1 is a good litmus test.

By the way, Brady will be fine. Never underestimate the power of Tom Brady.
You sure about that?

Jordan Cameron -- Hoping for something like 4/60/TD. Against the Dolphins, with Gordon suspended, anything less would be disappointing given all the hype around him and Norv's offense supposedly being a game changer for this team.

Pats -- Vereen, Sudfeld, Thompkins -- just interested to see how many targets each one gets.

Gio Bernard -- Starting Vereen ahead of him but I'm interested to see how many carries he gets compared to law firm and if he breaks any big plays.

RG3/Garcon/Morris/F.Davis

Cook/Austin/Givens/Bradford

Patriots offense

Bengals offense

Packers offense

Saints offense

Lions offense

AP and Patterson

Cam/DeAngelo/Smitty

Richardson/Cameron

Charles

Spiller/Manuel

Oh, and every freaking game on Sunday Ticket :D

I'm also interested to see how David Wilson does, but I'm tempering my expectations against a solid DAL run D.

Expecting 100 combined and a 50/50 chance of a TD.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Cardinals look as well with Palmer. My prediction is PAIN against a stout STL D and a swiss cheese ARI Line, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if Palmer can overcome that and put up solid numbers with Fitz.

I want to see how often Garcon is targeted. He averaged over nine last year when he was more or less healthy, and with the recent chatter about him having the same role in K Shanahan's offense that Andre Johnson did I'm over 50/50 that Garcon is going to be a top-15 targeted WR. It seemed to be true last year, but it happened so on and off that it's hard to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL debut of Chip Kelly's system.
Basically this. His "system" is touted as a college system, but it's really just a fast paced running scheme with easy passes. it's just a fast paced ball control lineup with a mobile QB. Should at least be fun to watch
High tempo sacrifices execution. You get a huge number of plays, but the preciseness of those plays is the cost you pay to get that many plays over and over and over. And Vick... with a drop in precision....? I see this not ending well.

All of the lottery tickets at WR.

Patrick Edwards. Marlon Brown. Q. Patton. Huge youth movement at WR this year and I expect a couple of top 25 gems to reveal themselves almost immediately.

Reggie Bush. He'll never see the box jammed up and can catch and run with the best. Should be fun.

My 1.10 pick jamaal Charles. Enough comparisons of what other rbs have done under Reid , lets see JC play.

There are more RB situations that are fuzzy than typical and I am looking forward to seeing some of them clear up.

INDY

NYJ

Denver

NO

AZ

Pitt

1. If Gronk is active and does he play snaps

2. Colts WR target breakdown

3. David Wilson as the bellcow

4. How Forte and McCoy look in new systems

5. Britt and Vincent Brown, which one will have more value

Mohamed Sanu: Want to see if he can pick up where he left off prior to injury. Going against my Bears working the middle of the field without Urlacher. 5-75-1td

Dez Bryant. I think this situation is going to very interesting. If he comes out and cranks up something like 7-8/120 and at least one Td, (basically, if he picks right up where he left off last season), I think he will be one of the most important FF players of the year and a hot topic all season (and the Cowboys might just be relevant).

E.J. manuel. I'm not a Bills fan and I didn't really know who this guy was 6 months ago but he just looks to have "it" and I want to see how much "it" will change values in ff.

Eddie lacy to see how he's used (workload) and looks.

The entire redskins team!
Packers have three brutal match-ups to start the season and then a week 4 bye.

I'm looking forward to getting Lacy pretty cheap to start week 5 and watch him cruise from there. I could see him having 170 yards rushing and no TDs through three games, only to rush for another 1,000/10 after the bye. Should be fun to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
My team is the Seahawks, but from a fantasy perspective add me to the group of people that are interested in the Eagles and Chip Kelly's offense. Should be a very interesting Monday Night Football game.

Spike said:
Yeah, I'm just really curious how the New England offense plays out this weekend. Specifically I hope to get some clarity regarding the roles of Vereen, Thompkins, and Sudfield.
Why? They won't have the same gameplan next week

NFL Redzone!!!! I can' wait to see every scoring play accross the league.

More specifically, interested to see how the NYJ running games shapes out. Also, excited to see how much Vereen will used.

Vick in Chip Kelly's Offense.

Blown away - 250+ yards passing, 70+ yards running

Expectations - 200 yards passing, 50 yards running

Disappointed - Hurt

There can be only one correct answer...

Adrian Peterson healthy and on his way to breaking the rushing record.

Trent Richardson. He showed flashes last year, but I expect a great leap forward in year two. Should be fun.

Mjd traded ivory and second rounder for him

blown away 150 catch and run a td

expect 100 combined 50 50 td.

disappointed half that

I'm interested to see how Jones-Drew looks coming off the injury. I took him as my #2 rb and am hoping he looks like the bowling ball of years past!

L. Miller - Paid peanuts for him in startup dynasty league based on my conviction of his ability in college. Can't wait to see if he lives up to it.

C. Patterson - Interested in seeing how Minn really is going to use him.

Hilton/DHB - Just end the debate already please.

R. Bush - Can't wait to see what he does for the Lions offense in real games. I think it will be prolific.

AJ Green - Pretty simple, he's maybe my favorite player in the NFL to watch. Amazing week in and week out.

KC Offense - I'm really excited to see what Reid is able to do with what I believe to be a very talented group.

Users who are viewing this thread