What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is 1.01 right now? (1 Viewer)

fantasycurse42

Footballguy Jr.
Had a convo with a coworker earlier, curious what others think... Basically, if you were building your team for a championship this season in a PPR league, who is the first guy you would take (excluding Peyton)?

My MVP & must have is J Graham.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you want to know who we would draft 1.01 if we drafted today?
Excluding Peyton, who do you want? Who is the first half MVP? I like Jimmy & I'd almost take him 1.01
First half MVP and "who do you want now" are two different things.

What are you asking?

Are you asking for the MVP of the first 8 weeks...or are you asking who we would take right now, going forward?

MY answer will almost always be the #1 scoring RB.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a convo with a coworker earlier, curious what others think... Basically, if you were building your team for a championship this season in a PPR league, who is the first guy you would take (excluding Peyton)?

Likely means you don't have him on your team now - the injury; will he play or won't he play; only on the field for certain plays have all contributed to a lower ranking now than it was several weeks ago

Quick and dirty -- pretty generic ppr league using PPG:

Manning +11.4ppg vs QB12

Calvin +12ppg vs WR36

Charles +11.1ppg vs RB24

Graham +10.2ppg vs TE12

Hard to go wrong with any of them.

Likely means you don't have him on your team now - the injury; will he play or won't he play; only on the field for certain plays have all contributed to a lower ranking now than it was several weeks ago
I've got him... He didn't miss any games... I'll happily take his stat line last week - If someone didn't put an active Graham in their lineup, that is their fault... Dude is in a contract year, he is full go.

I've got him... He didn't miss any games... I'll happily take his stat line last week - If someone didn't put an active Graham in their lineup, that is their fault... Dude is in a contract year, he is full go.
Way to gloss right over Week 6

Don't get me wrong I think Graham was a good pick in round two or even mid-late round one but I think right now for ROS there would be several options who would be safer and/or work out better

Jordy Nelson, Charles, Graham. Of all three I'd say Graham has been the most valuable.
Graham for me too... Even with the one dud - Grabbing an extra 15-25 every game over my opponent at TE is such an advantage.

Way to gloss right over Week 6

Don't get me wrong I think Graham was a good pick in round two or even mid-late round one but I think right now for ROS there would be several options who would be safer and/or work out better
I mentioned it above... Graham is a top 5, no question for me... I think the argument can be made for Graham, Charles, or Mega.

Quick and dirty -- pretty generic ppr league using PPG:

Manning +11.4ppg vs QB12

Calvin +12ppg vs WR36

Charles +11.1ppg vs RB24

Graham +10.2ppg vs TE12

Hard to go wrong with any of them.
I like those figures. :cool:

Of course in a 10-teamer it's more competitive but drafting at the turn I picked up Calvin and Graham so I'm in the hunt.

I am a Charles and Graham Owner.. I would have said Graham up until his injury, but now believe it is Charles or Manning...

I view both Charles, and Graham as both more consistent than Calvin and probably manning. I think Calvin's big week skews the average, and would rank him forth on the list above.

I believe Calvin posted better numbers about 3 times out of 7 over Graham as a pass catcher.. where 4 of these weeks he posted WR3 stats.. If you can flex TE as a WR, then this gives Graham even larger advantage.

Up until the NE game, Graham was an absolute lock to give you 10-15 more points than your opponent.. You cannot say that about any of the other 3. Graham has posted WR1 stats 5 weeks out of 7

Charles.

Luck has been more than alright for me at QB, I'm very happy with my TE's (Vernon, Cameron, Jules), and per usual I have built my WR corps around 1 or 2 studs and found plenty of gems cheaply. RB's? It's a dumpster fire.

Surprised Forte gets no love. #2 in PPG PPR among RBs. Already has had his BYE week. Slightly concerned about Charles's workload.

I'd probably still take Charles or Calvin over him, just surprised he hasn't been mentioned.

Surprised Forte gets no love. #2 in PPG PPR among RBs. Already has had his BYE week. Slightly concerned about Charles's workload.

I'd probably still take Charles or Calvin over him, just surprised he hasn't been mentioned.
Can't imagine it was feasible in (m)any leagues, but a Charles-Forte pairing would have been the optimal start. I'm happy with the guy I got, Gore, but I really wanted Forte to fall. Oh well.

I am a Charles and Graham Owner.. I would have said Graham up until his injury, but now believe it is Charles or Manning...

I view both Charles, and Graham as both more consistent than Calvin and probably manning. I think Calvin's big week skews the average, and would rank him forth on the list above.

I believe Calvin posted better numbers about 3 times out of 7 over Graham as a pass catcher.. where 4 of these weeks he posted WR3 stats.. If you can flex TE as a WR, then this gives Graham even larger advantage.

Up until the NE game, Graham was an absolute lock to give you 10-15 more points than your opponent.. You cannot say that about any of the other 3. Graham has posted WR1 stats 5 weeks out of 7
lol.

How has Manning been inconsistent again? Please show your work.

lol.

How has Manning been inconsistent again? Please show your work.
some weeks he scores 7 td, but then some weeks he scores 3.

So is it the general consensus that Manning would be #1 pick if he were allowed for this threads purpose? Because moving forward I think Brees may outscore Manning the rest of the way.

Anyway, I think my pick would be Brees or Charles. Even with QB being less valuable. Reason being is Brees and Charles are least likely to lose a game for me because of the consistency of there scores. Graham's zero catch day lost that week for a lot of teams. A fluke most likely, but I don't want that risk come playoff time. Calvin has had two weak games already. Brees and Charles have had the most consistent scoring and I trust them the most every week.

Megatron is just getting warmed up like last year... the best is yet to come... Everyone else is breaking down or not living up to the hype... Megatron on the other hand !

If we are assuming perfect world and everyone is injury free on all teams..

I take Josh Gordon w Hoyer at QB - and the rest of ya'll can chew my scrote.

The majority of picks in this thread so far ring true in my league. I'm 8-0 and have Charles and graham 2nd place at 7-1 has manning and megatron. I would have to pick Charles over manning for his consistency thus far.

So is it the general consensus that Manning would be #1 pick if he were allowed for this threads purpose? Because moving forward I think Brees may outscore Manning the rest of the way.

Anyway, I think my pick would be Brees or Charles. Even with QB being less valuable. Reason being is Brees and Charles are least likely to lose a game for me because of the consistency of there scores. Graham's zero catch day lost that week for a lot of teams. A fluke most likely, but I don't want that risk come playoff time. Calvin has had two weak games already. Brees and Charles have had the most consistent scoring and I trust them the most every week.
I took Brees in the 3rd in a couple leagues...it hasn't been spectacular.

Of course, I took Martin, Julio, and Amendola in one of those. *rolls eyes*

Users who are viewing this thread