What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who is next year's Julius Thomas/Cameron Jordan (1 Viewer)

Terpman22

Footballguy
Methinks Rob Housler and maybe even Brandon Bostic. Any other TE's to come out of nowhere next year and just dominate?

Jordan Reed. I think you need to look for teams with perhaps one good other passing option where a TE can ascend to fill that void. Thomas is a rare scenario due to the huge size of the pie.

Last edited by a moderator:
To a lesser extent, Ladarius Green in San Diego and Rob Housler in Arizona have potential to at least be a top 12 tight end in the next year or two.

Players just don't routinely come out of seemingly nowhere and dominate as Gronk/Graham/Thomas have done. Note that these huge breakout players have had Brady, Brees, and Peyton throwing to them. Without that type of QB, I think the ceiling is limited.

Saying that, I'd think someone emerging in Green Bay would have the best surroundings to be a breakout player, so for now that may be Brandon Bostick, but I'm not sure of the long-term roster hopes in Packerland.

(so basically I agree with a couple of your suggestions, OP)

Not necessarily endorsing all these but

Travis Kelce

Dwayne Allen

Ladarius Green

Luke Willson

Chris Gragg

Levine Toilolo

Zach Sudfeld

Not necessarily endorsing all these but

Travis Kelce

Dwayne Allen

Ladarius Green

Luke Willson

Chris Gragg

Levine Toilolo

Zach Sudfeld
ya, thinking a bit more about it I was going to say Allen. He's got a great young QB, Fleener isn't the guy but may be a complement. Who knows what Wayne's status will be so there certainly appears to be a void in the offense with a good QB that can be filled and he's got good talent.

Again, I guess he's not "out of nowhere" but he likely won't be among the top 7-8 TEs.

Travis Kelce next year in KC. Alex Smith loves his TE. Fasano shouldn't be starting at this point in his career and Kelce was the first pick in the 3rd round. He's got the talent to produce when he gets the opportunity.

That would be Year 3 of the anticipated Rob Housler Breakout, right?
From my recollection, Bruce Arians has never been a big tight end guy. That fact, combined with mediocre at best QB play, is why I see Housler's ceiling as a top 12 TE. Of course, that would still represent a significant jump up for him.

Has he been hurt? Other reasons for him not being more productive?

I liked Kelce, but now he is coming off microfracture surgery and never played a down this year. Not thinking that will happen next year...

Here is a name way off the list Adrien Robinson for the Giants. I believe Myers is on a one year deal, so if he is gone and Nicks leaves that would leave targets for him.

A guy I'm holding onto, not mentioned, is Adrien Robinson. He's been sidelined with an injury most of this year. But the Giants' GM compared him to JPP when he was drafted.

ETA: Guess I was beat on that by a few seconds.

Dwayne Allen - The best all around TE on Indy's roster and once he's back will relegate Fleener to the bench. Upside is tremendous playing with a young stud QB.

I liked Kelce, but now he is coming off microfracture surgery and never played a down this year. Not thinking that will happen next year...
I was less worried about the microfracture after finding out it wasn't a weight bearing issue:

"Yesterday," Burkholder told the media on Wednesday, "[Kelce] had arthroscopic surgery on his knee. He did find he had a spot on his cartilage at the end of his femur bone. That didn't know up on his MRI but when [the doctor] went in with the scope he could see it. That spot in his knee is in a non-weight bearing area, which is why he could run without pain but couldn't get in and out of his stance, had to have a micro-fracture procedure."

A guy I'm holding onto, not mentioned, is Adrien Robinson. He's been sidelined with an injury most of this year. But the Giants' GM compared him to JPP when he was drafted.

I feel like the ship has sailed on him. He'll be 26 next year without a NFL catch.

I feel like the ship has sailed on him. He'll be 26 next year without a NFL catch.
Isn't that almost the exact same story of Julius Thomas?

Taylor Thompson. He's still relearning the TE position after being switched to DE in college, but he's got all the physical qualities you look for in an under-the-radar breakout TE candidate. He's just got a similar situation to Ladarius Green...behind a veteran on the depth chart so he's not seeing enough time on the field this year.

From my recollection, Bruce Arians has never been a big tight end guy. That fact, combined with mediocre at best QB play, is why I see Housler's ceiling as a top 12 TE. Of course, that would still represent a significant jump up for him.

There's a good chance Palmer is cut and they draft a QB in the 1st.

Jimmy Graham.

no, but seriously. Watch what happens with Myers. If he's gone. Adrien Robinson - watch out.

There's a good chance Palmer is cut and they draft a QB in the 1st.
IIRC, something like $8 million owed next year and no cap hit to cut him. Yeah I think Palmer's done.

Travis Kelce next year in KC. Alex Smith loves his TE. Fasano shouldn't be starting at this point in his career and Kelce was the first pick in the 3rd round. He's got the talent to produce when he gets the opportunity.
I've heard a lot of people hyping up Kelce since the draft, but I just don't see it. Andy Reid has never really relied on a TE in his offense. Alex Smith loved Vernon Davis because Davis is a physical freak and Jim Harbaugh uses his TEs a lot. With Kelce, you're looking at a ceiling of 2009 Brent Celek.

I've heard a lot of people hyping up Kelce since the draft, but I just don't see it. Andy Reid has never really relied on a TE in his offense. Alex Smith loved Vernon Davis because Davis is a physical freak and Jim Harbaugh uses his TEs a lot. With Kelce, you're looking at a ceiling of 2009 Brent Celek.
Kelce tested better than Gronkowski.

Kelce tested better than Gronkowski.
Brady?

Users who are viewing this thread