What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who saw their draft stock take the biggest tumble? (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
I am always interested when players are touted as great, have a bad season, then come out and go much lower than expected. I remember Alshon Jeffrey being touted as a top pick and he slid. Guys like that.

Going into last season who were considered top picks, only to have their stocks change because of injury or coaching (or some other situation)? I am a firm believer that you can find value by looking in places like this.

Da'Rick Rogers. Wasn't even drafted. And people are still taking him in the 2nd/3rd round of rookie drafts.

Atleast Barkley and Wilson went to places where they have a chance to beat out a guy, Ryan Nassib went from NFL 1st rd pick to not even rosterable in fantasy leagues

Gotta be Rogers, Bray and Barkley.

Really surprised that Rogers is still going in the 2nd of rookie drafts. When all 32 teams pass on someone with that much physical talent it's a pretty safe bet there's something seriously wrong. This isn't Arian Foster, where the measurables were all terrible -- Rogers tested really well.

Gotta be Rogers, Bray and Barkley.Really surprised that Rogers is still going in the 2nd of rookie drafts. When all 32 teams pass on someone with that much physical talent it's a pretty safe bet there's something seriously wrong. This isn't Arian Foster, where the measurables were all terrible -- Rogers tested really well.
I agree but the guy didn't just forget how to play football. I haven't really read anywhere that he's a track guy or workout warrior. He got busted for pot right? Seems to me that a guy could curtail that activity pretty easily if he chose to.

Why did Barkley slide? Has anything come out on that? Also you have to take some solace in the fact that he was the first pick on Saturday.

Gotta be Rogers, Bray and Barkley.Really surprised that Rogers is still going in the 2nd of rookie drafts. When all 32 teams pass on someone with that much physical talent it's a pretty safe bet there's something seriously wrong. This isn't Arian Foster, where the measurables were all terrible -- Rogers tested really well.
I agree but the guy didn't just forget how to play football. I haven't really read anywhere that he's a track guy or workout warrior. He got busted for pot right? Seems to me that a guy could curtail that activity pretty easily if he chose to.
Failed three drug tests at Tennessee, went to Tenn Tech, and passed 10 tests there, i am reading. All in all, doesn't seem awful, on the surface; we've seen worse not harm players.

So it seems to me there is something the NFL knows that we don't. Either he got absolutely rotten reports in teams' investigations, or perhaps he was simply overrated entering the process. That's possible. I remember some draftnik, I think it was the Sideline View guy, saying that an NFL scout had told him that the draftnik community was seriously overrating Shariff Floyd, and that turned out to be true on draft day. Maybe Rogers was simply not rated as high as we were told he was.

Either way, while I agree the NFL whiffs on players, I am not investing a decent rookie pick on a guy that no team bothered drafting.

He went late in the 2nd in an IDP league I do with some pretty serious owners. Too rich for me.

Failed three drug tests at Tennessee, went to Tenn Tech, and passed 10 tests there, i am reading. All in all, doesn't seem awful, on the surface; we've seen worse not harm players.

So it seems to me there is something the NFL knows that we don't. Either he got absolutely rotten reports in teams' investigations, or perhaps he was simply overrated entering the process. That's possible. I remember some draftnik, I think it was the Sideline View guy, saying that an NFL scout had told him that the draftnik community was seriously overrating Shariff Floyd, and that turned out to be true on draft day. Maybe Rogers was simply not rated as high as we were told he was.

Either way, while I agree the NFL whiffs on players, I am not investing a decent rookie pick on a guy that no team bothered drafting.

He went late in the 2nd in an IDP league I do with some pretty serious owners. Too rich for me.
Weaknesses

Off-field maturity and on-field effort have been issues. Stops his route at times if not the primary target. Body language on the field can be defeating. Lacks great explosiveness to run by corners, no extra gear. Will struggle to track the football at times. Not a very instinctual receiver, doesn't always run the routes he should, doesn't fight to get open when the play breaks down.

pretty mush sounds like a big version of Yitus Young, hes been taken pretty early in leagues I'm in too; wouldn't touch him unless its my last pick

Yeah those sound like Randy Moss issues but without the talent.

Geno Smith slid for similar reasons. Wasn't there a "suck for Geno" thread at one point.

Barkley & Lattimore.
I'm not entirely sure how Lattimore dropped. The guy is coming off major injuries over the last two years and some say he will never play again yet he went in the 4th. He didn't go all that far away from Barkley who was projected as top 5 in the 2012 draft.

Lattimore could only go to a team that had two things: Depth at the RB position and extra picks. Not a lot of teams fit that bill. Perfect situation for the kid...

I am kind of cold on Lattimore. It may be because I own Marshawn but I have Christine Michael over Lattimore right now. Just think Lattimore is going to be a "best that never was" type of guy.

Tyler bray has the best arm in the league. He can make every throw there is. But he's a moron and indescribably lazy so he didn't get drafted. When guys like boller and Ramsey ride big arms (and nothing else) in to the first round, it is telling that a similarly athletic talent didn't even get drafted.

Abraham said:
Tyler bray has the best arm in the league. He can make every throw there is. But he's a moron and indescribably lazy so he didn't get drafted. When guys like boller and Ramsey ride big arms (and nothing else) in to the first round, it is telling that a similarly athletic talent didn't even get drafted.
Seriously, he didn't even attempt an 80 pass from his knees.

Yeah those sound like Randy Moss issues but without the talent.Geno Smith slid for similar reasons. Wasn't there a "suck for Geno" thread at one point.
Geno slipped a lot (for a QB) but Barkley going from being called a top pick at the picking of the season to a 5th round is massive.

Abraham said:
Seriously, he didn't even attempt an 80 pass from his knees.
I would be shocked if he could flick a ball downfield like rg3.

Yeah those sound like Randy Moss issues but without the talent.Geno Smith slid for similar reasons. Wasn't there a "suck for Geno" thread at one point.
Geno slipped a lot (for a QB) but Barkley going from being called a top pick at the picking of the season to a 5th round is massive.
Barkley went 4.1
Still the point stands. That is a huge drop. On the plus side, I think he's got a chance in Philly. I bet he get into a game this season.

Da'Rick has issues that go way beyond the gange, worthwhile fantasy risk but be happy your favorite team didn't see the potential rewards outweighing the enormous risk.

Gotcha. Sounds a lot like Kenny Britt, who despite being a high pick hasn't amounted to anything in the NFL. This kid wasn't even drafted which tells me he is a poor man's Britt in just about every way. Pass.

Users who are viewing this thread