What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who to Keep Salary Cap question (1 Viewer)

Rebel Alliance

Footballguy
I am in a 12 team PPR league with a $200 Salary Cap and 3 keepers that are inflated from last years value by $5.

I have a bargain with Jalen Hurts at $14 (valued at $39 on FBG) and Drake London at $8

I am trying to decide between keeping Ekeler for $68 ($6 over FBG value) and Josh Jacobs for $24 ($11 under his FBG value).

I expect only 2 of the top 10 receivers to even be available. Should I even keep both and just struggle at WR all year?

Is this a 1 QB league? If so, I wouldn't keep a QB unless your league keeps 10-12 QB's each year. I know you quoted FBG auction values but how does that lineup with the way your league typically spends? That is really the most important thing.

Is this a 1 QB league? If so, I wouldn't keep a QB unless your league keeps 10-12 QB's each year. I know you quoted FBG auction values but how does that lineup with the way your league typically spends? That is really the most important thing.

I'd also like to know the QB scoring rules. Hurts probably isn't worth $39 in any 1QB league, but he's worth significantly more in leagues with .04 and 4 per PY/PTD than in an .05 and 6 because of his added rushing value.

But yes, knowing the league spending history on QBs is critical too. If $14 is likely to buy you T-Law or Herbert, I'd kick Hurts to the curb in one second. If the top 12 QBs routinely go for $20+ each (or if they're mostly kept), getting a top-3 guy for $14 becomes way more valuable.

@Rebel Alliance - also remember that keeping guys at slightly over "value" in this format isn't a bad thing. People rarely keep players who cost more than their AAV, so on net every team will accumulate some surplus value via their keepers. That surplus value has to get spent somewhere, and it usually winds up driving up the price of available studs, meaning when the smoke clears Ekeler at $68 could wind up being a bargain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread