What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who would you drop? (1 Viewer)

Jamesinaz

Footballguy
I play in a 12 team redraft standard ESPN league. There is nothing awesome this week on the waiver wire but I'll put in for whoever I deem the best options. Like Samuel, Wilson etc.

Mitchel - out 8 weeks. And then who knows.
Pickens
Nico Collins
N Hines

Replacing Mitchel in the starting lineup is probably A Robinson or R Stevenson or Gainwell so not sure if anyone on waivers actually plays for me this week. Kind of need help before late tonight to put in my waivers. Thanks all.

You cannot give a quality answer on who to drop without knowing who you are getting in their place. The only way to properly evaluate the situation is to know for sure who you are dropping for whom.

Based on the two players listed (Samuel/Wilson)..........I probably don't drop anybody for those two guys. I guess if you really want to drop someone and have no IR spots then Mitchell seems like the drop (Hines would be a close second).

Thanks. So you think this year Pickens and Collins will have more value than Mitchell? I confess to being surprised.

Thanks. So you think this year Pickens and Collins will have more value than Mitchell? I confess to being surprised.
I think at this point I would give them a couple weeks to see how they are doing on the field where I know Mitchell is out for at least 8 weeks.

Fair enough. Right now I'm leaning on dropping Collins and Pickens as I don't see them has having a big role. Might be dumb and because I got them both really late in the draft and have some draft capital tied up in Mitchell. It's hard to let go.

I'm 4th on waivers and doubt I get Wilson cause every tout in the biz is running on him. Maybe Samuel.

If someone was too stubborn to drop Mitchell and you had to drop one of Collins/Pickens who would you let go? Or wait you are into dropping Hines instead.

OK, you're right. Mitchell is 8 weeks away and no sure thing then. I can't afford a roster spot that long on a guy who may not perform this year at all. He is my first drop. Pickens second. I don't think Trubisky is going to unlock his potential and he won't be taken on waivers IMO.

OK, you're right. Mitchell is 8 weeks away and no sure thing then. I can't afford a roster spot that long on a guy who may not perform this year at all. He is my first drop. Pickens second. I don't think Trubisky is going to unlock his potential and he won't be taken on waivers IMO.
I like this approach although I would probably still have Hines dropped before PIckens. The reason being the upside of Pickens (maybe when Pickett starts slinging) is much higher than Hines. But if you need RB depth I can see why you keep Hines. I just don't expect much out of him other than emergency lineup play in a pinch type usage.

I ended up with only dropping Mitchell and adding Samuel. Some might call me crazy for choosing Samuel over Wilson but I felt Wilson will not be the standard bearer in SF, I think they will increase plays for Samuel (the other one) and Lance and bring up others to split the role. Hope I'm right.

Users who are viewing this thread