What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's in better shape: You or Your Wife? (1 Viewer)

Who's in better shape: You or Your Wife?

• My wife is in better shape, and she truly does not care that I'm in worse shape.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • My wife is in better shape and she'd prefer me to be in better shape, but does not harass me about i

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • My wife is in better shape, and she's demanding that I get in better shape.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I'm in better shape, and I truly do not care that my wife is in worse shape.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I'm in better shape and would prefer my wife be in better shape, but I don't harass her about it.

Votes: 36 41.4%
  • I'm in better shape, and I demand that she get herself in better shape too.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I'm the rare FootballGal so these options are weird for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We're in equally great shape.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • We're in equally crappy shape.

Votes: 11 12.6%

• Total voters

Al O'Pecia

Footballguy
Simple enough -- vote in the poll and share personal anecdotes.

EDIT:  Equal shape options added to the answers.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no equal category?   

I lift 4x a week and do HIIT/yoga 2x a week and women throw their panties at me.

Wife does pilates/barre 4-5x a week and has an ### of steel.  

I would give myself the slight edge mainly because I think I'm putting a bit more time into it and getting more varied structure into my workout range.  

My wife just finished a half marathon a couple weeks ago.  She gets upset anytime I go on a diet and lose "too much" weight. 

We're in our mid 50s and in terrific shape compared to our peers, but wifey retired in January and now spends 3 hours a day at the gym, so she is kicking my butt.  I used to run marathons but can't anymore due to arthritis, but I'm still in good shape.  Run a little, plus swimming and weights.  

Damn, who would have guessed that FootballGuys are actually FitballGuys?  Surprising results so far.
I play in a beer hockey and soccer league, so by default I'm in better shape.  She chases the kids around and takes care of everything at home while I get to skate/run around then go drink a few beers a couple times a week. 

My wife and I do 30-40 minute circuit training/cardio 6 days a week together. I’d say we are in equally great shape.

For those of you who answered that you wish your wife was in better shape, are you just as physically attracted to her compared to when she was?  Does she believe you should be?  

We both exercise some. I'm in slightly better shape than my wife (see avatar) ... but she could still kick my ###

culdeus said:
There is no equal category?   

I lift 4x a week and do HIIT/yoga 2x a week and women throw their panties at me.

Wife does pilates/barre 4-5x a week and has an ### of steel.  

I would give myself the slight edge mainly because I think I'm putting a bit more time into it and getting more varied structure into my workout range.  
If I see your wife's picture I may throw my underwear at her too. Just sayin'...

My wife works out 6 days a week and is a healthy fox 8 years my junior.  She would like for me to get rid of my belly but I like craft beer and am tired when I get home from work. I'm trying...   

My wife works out 6 days a week and is a healthy fox 8 years my junior.  She would like for me to get rid of my belly but I like craft beer and am tired when I get home from work. I'm trying...   
When you already have a fit, hot, younger wife despite having a belly, half the incentive to get rid of the belly is already gone.

Tough call. I'm pretty sure we could each drive a marathon without passing out or having a heart attack. Her vehicle goes faster than mine, but I am a more aggressive driver. Probably a pick 'em.

I'm in good shape, but the wife is doing crossfit 3-4x per week with a bit of running on the side.  She's in legit excellent shape, so I'd give her the edge right now.

If you guys saw her you'd be throwing your panties at her.

I'm in good shape, but the wife is doing crossfit 3-4x per week with a bit of running on the side.  She's in legit excellent shape, so I'd give her the edge right now.

If you guys saw her you'd be throwing your panties at her.
I don't have any panties to throw at your wife, but perhaps I can scoop up a pair from the mountain of thrown panties at Culdeus' feet.

Captain Cranks said:
For those of you who answered that you wish your wife was in better shape, are you just as physically attracted to her compared to when she was?  Does she believe you should be?  
I'll bite.

When her and I first met I remember texting my brothers that she had the best body I've ever seen in the flesh. They were married so I enjoyed filling them in on my adventures for their entertainment, that's what brothers are for. She was curvy in all the right spots. She enjoyed drinking beer. She enjoyed dive bars over a fancy place. It was fantastic.

That was then. She no longer is curvy in only the right spots. In the last year I've probably heard this 50-75 times, "I'm going to start my diet and workout tomorrow." It never starts. A prime example was yesterday when she texted me while we were both at work that said "Bang. Nap. Workout. That's my plan for tonight." Safe to say two of these three happened. 

And to make matters worse all she does is complain about what she looks like now but refuses to take action. On most nights I'll go out for a run and return 45 mins later to find her in the same spot on the couch buried in dumb Facebook videos on her phone. I'm in a wedding in 2 months and when she found out about it she told me she wanted to be back to the weight she was when we first met. She has worked out twice in those 3 months.

So to answer your question, no I am not as attracted to her today as I was when we first met. And to make it even less attractive, I have to sit there and listen to her complain about it while she takes absolutely no action. I don't mean to make myself sound shallow, obviously other things are going on besides the weight gain, but it has had a direct impact on her mood where all she does now is take naps and watch Facebook videos.  Sorry to hijack the thread with venting, but I needed to get this weight off my chest. 

The good news - I am still young in regards of the FFA demo and we have no kids.

The best news - I'm not married nor engaged to her. So if things don't change soon, I can easily pack my things up and move on. 

I am  in better shape but it's pretty close and she is doing fine, so there isn't quite an option to reflect the situation. We both workout regularly and eat a halfway decent diet. Also, it's cheating a bit because I was just naturally born with a metabolism and body shape that is near ideal so I don't deserve much special credit. 

I am in better shape.  She can still do far more crunches than I can.  This is usually the time of year we spend less time outside and more time at the gym so she will get closer to me. Than summer months hit and she will take the dog hiking etc but won't do much else. I'll keep running although when it is nice outside I will go to gym to lift a lot less.

I am, but it’s not from lack of effort 

getting cancer has messed up her metabolism big time, that and medication have added to weight gain

her workout routine inspires me to workout 5, maybe 6 times a week   

I'll bite.

When her and I first met I remember texting my brothers that she had the best body I've ever seen in the flesh. They were married so I enjoyed filling them in on my adventures for their entertainment, that's what brothers are for. She was curvy in all the right spots. She enjoyed drinking beer. She enjoyed dive bars over a fancy place. It was fantastic.

That was then. She no longer is curvy in only the right spots. In the last year I've probably heard this 50-75 times, "I'm going to start my diet and workout tomorrow." It never starts. A prime example was yesterday when she texted me while we were both at work that said "Bang. Nap. Workout. That's my plan for tonight." Safe to say two of these three happened. 

And to make matters worse all she does is complain about what she looks like now but refuses to take action. On most nights I'll go out for a run and return 45 mins later to find her in the same spot on the couch buried in dumb Facebook videos on her phone. I'm in a wedding in 2 months and when she found out about it she told me she wanted to be back to the weight she was when we first met. She has worked out twice in those 3 months.

So to answer your question, no I am not as attracted to her today as I was when we first met. And to make it even less attractive, I have to sit there and listen to her complain about it while she takes absolutely no action. I don't mean to make myself sound shallow, obviously other things are going on besides the weight gain, but it has had a direct impact on her mood where all she does now is take naps and watch Facebook videos.  Sorry to hijack the thread with venting, but I needed to get this weight off my chest. 

The good news - I am still young in regards of the FFA demo and we have no kids.

The best news - I'm not married nor engaged to her. So if things don't change soon, I can easily pack my things up and move on. 
She sounds depressed and might need some subtle encouragement to do things that will make her feel better.  For example, ask if she'd like to take a walk with you. 

As I posted here several months ago, I made the mistake of directly admitting that I noticed my wife's weight gain over the past year.  That really shocked her ego despite the fact that she knew she was getting heavier.  I've since laid off the topic and she's come around to eating less sweets and going to the gym with me after seeing me up my own health game.  Before she hated going to the gym, but now she looks forward to it because it's something we do together.    

Wife is 11 years younger than me. Has had three kids and her stomach is as flat as the day I met her. Nice and skinny with a great rack and ###. Hardly ever works out.

I run 4-5 days a week just so I don't look like a total old fat sloppy husband. 

@Take_The_Shot why don't you get her to workout with you?
I tried that. For awhile right after the weight gain we went to the gym together and I'd run on the treadmill and she would do the elliptical. But then it became "I don't like working out in front of strangers."

So she purchased the Julian Michaels or whatever her name is workout dvds to do those while I worked out. For awhile there when I told her I'd run at X time she would say "ok I'll do my DVD then." She always put it off but I'd make sure she started before I left. I quit doing this about two months ago when she said she was going to do the DVD while I was running. I think it was a hot and humid that night so I didn't make it my usual distance and returned in 30 mins. She was sitting on the couch wrapped in a towel fresh out of the shower. Her DVD is 30 mins long. 

I casually said I thought you were going to do your workout? She felt comfortable enough to lie to my face and say she did it while I was gone. I know she didn't because when I left she was still in her work clothes. So that's 5 mins to change. 5 more to stretch, get some water and what not. She is also the type who after a workout sits in her clothes for 15 mins recovering. So no way she did all that and showered in as little as 30 mins. The shower was the cover up so I couldn't see that she wasn't sweating. Ever since the lie I pretty much stopped pushing her. It's been a struggle the last few months that's for sure.

She sounds depressed and might need some subtle encouragement to do things that will make her feel better.  For example, ask if she'd like to take a walk with you. 

As I posted here several months ago, I made the mistake of directly admitting that I noticed my wife's weight gain over the past year.  That really shocked her ego despite the fact that she knew she was getting heavier.  I've since laid off the topic and she's come around to eating less sweets and going to the gym with me after seeing me up my own health game.  Before she hated going to the gym, but now she looks forward to it because it's something we do together.    
See above. I've tried for over a year, even have gone on a mini diet with her to support her and ate the same stuff as she did. However she always has an excuse to not exercise. So I'm at the point now that I'm hoping my exercising without pushing her to exercise with me will motivate her to at least start. 

See above. I've tried for over a year, even have gone on a mini diet with her to support her and ate the same stuff as she did. However she always has an excuse to not exercise. So I'm at the point now that I'm hoping my exercising without pushing her to exercise with me will motivate her to at least start. 
Exercise is a tiny component of overall body composition.  Diet is at least 80%. Don't get hung up on that.

Exercise is a tiny component of overall body composition.  Diet is at least 80%. Don't get hung up on that.
Yeah there are a lot of other things going on I didn't share, everyone was discussing working out in here so I piggy backed off that topic. Ive said the same thing to her a million times and she tries to argue to the contrary. I think it came up even when she was telling a story how one of her friends girlfriend lost 100 lbs in a year and hardly worked out. She was in disbelief since the girlfriend hardly worked out during that. Not sure what more evidence she needs than that, but still sticks to her guns that the diet doesn't matter. 

Users who are viewing this thread