What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

who's rolling with McGahee tonight? (1 Viewer)

LOL look forward to your 30 yards rushing and no catches, no tds... he will score 3 in ppr... Good way to lose pr, if you are down to that level of play you are sad and should look forward to 2014

I'm thinking about it, in a 14-team league where my roster's been addled with injuries. I'll probably pull him for Joique Bell before kickoff when I remember how badly mediocre players seem to do on Thursday night. That said, the Bills have been a good defense against the run in just one of four games. They haven't let an RB score yet, but in part that may be because their secondary has been so-so with Byrd out, and made them better victims for passing TDs once teams get in close.

Have to choose between him and CJnoK. Last week was 3 points from Johnson. McGhee can't be worse...

Non-ppr

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL look forward to your 30 yards rushing and no catches, no tds... he will score 3 in ppr... Good way to lose pr, if you are down to that level of play you are sad and should look forward to 2014
I went into the year with spiller, chris Johnson, Fred Jackson , McFadden, certainly a solid start. Picked up McGahee and thinking snout playing him tonight. Injuries and poor performance can happen, no need to be a ####.

I honestly give him a 50% chance of a TD but you have to be cheering for those cameron/jordan down at the 1 type scenarios

I went into the year with spiller, chris Johnson, Fred Jackson , McFadden, certainly a solid start. Picked up McGahee and thinking snout playing him tonight. Injuries and poor performance can happen, no need to be a ####.
wow that's a terrible group of runningbacks ned

wow that's a terrible group of runningbacks ned
Thanks a lot, for your input. Spiller was top 5 going into the year, Johnson was top 12 and McFadden was about 20. FJax was a spiller handcuff. I apologize that I did not have a crystal ball like you did where I could recognize that all of these players would underperform vs their ADP.

Have to choose between him and CJnoK. Last week was 3 points from Johnson. McGhee can't be worse...

Non-ppr
I have the same choice and I'm going with McGahee. I don't like Johnson vs. that stellar KC D. I'm hoping McGahee can bring some luck of the Irish tonight.

:goodposting:

Some people play in tougher leagues I guess, in my 16 teamer I need to start 2 of Charles, Spiller, Pierce, McGahee and Vereen.

If Spiller doesn't play, it's basically Pierce and McGahee for me.

What's available out there are guys like Ogbonnaya, Franklin, Cunningham, Miller...

I am. Morris nicked and on a bye, McFadden nicked. I picked McGahee up on FAAB last night. It was either get him or start Bryce Brown as my RB2 this week. I watched some plays last week and thought he showed some burst. This guy has produced everywhere he has gone. He has been written off several times before. Yeah, he's got some years on him but it's not like he was carrying it 400 X a year. He's had major injuries, but he appears to have bounced back yet again. Browns passing game means teams can't stack the box anymore. He's playing himself into shape and ramped up to 15 carries in his 2nd game. I've seen worse flyers......By the way, with bye weeks and injuries lots of teams will be in this type of predicament.

Worth noting: this game has the 2nd lowest O/U of the week at 40.5 points. There is also going to be lousy rainy weather. I see a good chance of a 17-10 type game where neither team tops 300 yards. I still think McGahee is a decent play, as stated above, but there's definitely a low-ceiling issue in this one.

I picked him up but not going to start him until I see a reason to. Hopefully he has a great week and I'm thinking about it next week. Good luck to anyone starting him tonight

rick6668 said:
Ned Ryerson said:
T with T said:

Some people play in tougher leagues I guess, in my 16 teamer I need to start 2 of Charles, Spiller, Pierce, McGahee and Vereen.

What's available out there are guys like Ogbonnaya, Franklin, Cunningham, Miller...
Did you have two (2) picks in the 1st round? :confused:

Well, I have to fill a RB and a flex with two of these four options: McGhee, CJnoK, Tavon Austin and Blackmon. Sheesh...

Gonna stick McGhee in at RB and then choose one if the other three later FWIW.

60 and TD would be nice.

Jewell said:
Kwai Chang Caine said:

Non-ppr
I have the same choice and I'm going with McGahee. I don't like Johnson vs. that stellar KC D. I'm hoping McGahee can bring some luck of the Irish tonight.
1 point from Rice (really in response to Kwai / re:can't get worse)

rick6668 said:
Ned Ryerson said:
T with T said:

Did you have two (2) picks in the 1st round? :confused:
3 keepers that you can keep only 2 years. Kept Charles, Spiller and Manning (Crazy points for QB's, 6PT TD and 1 point per completion, -1 per incompletion)

I'm not going to advocate starting him as anything more than a middling flex, but the fact the it's a Thursday night game (RB friendly) and BUF made Powell look like Barry Sanders and I feel like you could probably do worse.

Trying to decide between McGahee, PThomas, or White in a non-PPR 14-teamer. Leaning McGahee for now. Besides last week when the Ravens decided to just not run the ball, the Bills had allowed at least 85yds rushing in the other 3 games. So there is certainly a chance McGahee can do something.

Well, due to injuries, byes, and a brutal amount of RBs on rosters of a 14-teamer I have to roll with him.

I'm not sure he's going to break out much more than his 3 or so YPC, but maybe he's going to end up with more touches this week because of the inclement weather. I'd love to see 20 for ~70 yards, possibly a catch or two for another 14 and a TD. Not sure I'm going to get it.

Side note: why do people come in threads simply to bag on it? I'm sorry we don't all play in your 6 team redraft leagues but just shut the #### up already. If you don't know the entire situation you're the moron, not the OP.

OGB in PPR
this this a thousand times this

browns fan opinion: i see this turning into another danny woodhead/ryan mathews type situation where the 3rd down back is the only remotely playable one in most PPR leagues. also like with the chargers, expect most red zone TDs to come through the air - cameron is the real deal, i love bess's hands, and gordon is gordon though he doesn't strike me as a big red zone guy.

OGB in PPR
this this a thousand times this

browns fan opinion: i see this turning into another danny woodhead/ryan mathews type situation where the 3rd down back is the only remotely playable one in most PPR leagues. also like with the chargers, expect most red zone TDs to come through the air - cameron is the real deal, i love bess's hands, and gordon is gordon though he doesn't strike me as a big red zone guy.
:lol:

So McGahee's looked decent but inconsistent behind that line, but good lord are they happy to give him goal line opportunities when they get there. He's had 4 or 5 of them tonight. Not a bad what-the-heck flex given that.

Tonight was the perfect storm for McGahee to break out. He's had to fight for every yard though and I don't seem him more than a RB3 going forward.

Really could have used that second one when they were on the one. Two shots with McGahee, 1 with Cameron, I have both - nothin'. All in all it's the best I could have expected from McGahee in an emergency start. That line is not great though by any stretch.

I am a bit surprised at the Browns willingness to give Willis 26 carries when they did not give this workload to Richardson (as expected talked about preseason).

So this give me further evidence that they did not play Richardson much because they intended to trade him all along. Because they didn't want to risk injury to their trade asset, and also to give some of the replacements game experience.

Given Turners history with RB McGahee might be a decent play for the rest of the season. Or as already mentioned perhaps a RB3 for FF. Can't argue with that workload if he gets that amount of action consistently.

Perfect performance!! Threw out a bunch of offers offering McGahee up to some owners with weak RB situations before the game knowing that everyone would be watching and he was playing one of worst defenses. I now have two offers (Vick or Rivers) for him. This is essentially his ceiling...any McGahee owners should deal him/package him up for an upgrade NOW!!!

I agree with Banger on using him as trade bait if possible. He could have a few more startable games this season, but he was a free agent long into the season for a reason.

Not an owner so I have no dog int he fight. Question to owners: Will you all be selling now or do you think you can sustain some semblance of this (40-70 yards and a chance at a touch)?

Not an owner so I have no dog int he fight. Question to owners: Will you all be selling now or do you think you can sustain some semblance of this (40-70 yards and a chance at a touch)?
If you can get any kind of roster upgrade I would. Have Wilson and will deal McGahee for Vick or Rivers...leaning Rivers. This is his ceiling and he played one of the worst run d's in the league. Those 4-5 yard runs will be 2-3 against better opponents, he got a ton of carries due to the fact that the Bills couldn't move the ball. It was the perfect storm. Hit up every owner with weak RBs and pounce now while you can.

In the 14-team league where I own him, I may try to push for an upgrade at TE over Jared Cook, but he's probably best served sitting on my roster as a bye week flex option. Most people in that league don't swap players at the same position, and I'm fine at WR.I think the 40-70 yards is a very likely outcome most weeks, with maybe a 30% chance at a TD. He's not going to be breaking any big runs for scores, but there doesn't seem to be any dispute about who gets the GL touches when the Browns get close.

Users who are viewing this thread