What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's rolling with O'Sullivan against Detroit? (1 Viewer)

Avery

Footballguy
After watching some highlights of O'Sullivan I'm actually pretty impressed with this guy who most accounts here was simply a journeyman QB who was only on the team because of his familiarity with Martz' system and that little shot of winning the starting job. I've seen a good arm (although a funky throwing motion), good pocket presence and sound reads.

He's looked at least solid so far and now he gets to face the inept Detroit D in a Martz revenge game.

I'm curious to see how he is valued in the Shark Pool by seeing who people are (or aren't) starting him over.

Edit to add:

Have him in over Cassel and Garrard, so it's not like I'm benching Payton...

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering starting him over Big Ben. I won't make up my mind until Sunday, but Detroit's D is a fantasy goldmine.

Starting Ben over him right now (Look what Dallas did against Philly). But his schedule is so easy (especially in the playoffs that Im thinking about trading Ben for Palmer and a top WR and playing QBBC with JT & Carson.

Starting Ben over him right now (Look what Dallas did against Philly). But his schedule is so easy (especially in the playoffs that Im thinking about trading Ben for Palmer and a top WR and playing QBBC with JT & Carson.
A good point.He faces Detroit this week and then New Orleans next and has the Jets, Miami and St. Louis in weeks 14, 15 and 16. :thumbup:

I'll probably end up starting him, but I could see Martz just running the ball down Detroit's throat. Sort of a "Screw You" to Detroit after the firing because he refused to run the ball.

I'll probably end up starting him, but I could see Martz just running the ball down Detroit's throat. Sort of a "Screw You" to Detroit after the firing because he refused to run the ball.
Never though I'd see "Martz" and "running the ball" in the same sentence without the word "won't" in there.

I'm actually rolling w/ him as my Full-timer... just traded my Ben / TO / Slaton for JTO / S Hill / DMac / Desaun Jackson

JTO is now the full-timer on that squad...

If he can make the season... look at that Schedule, easy top 10 finish

A good point.He faces Detroit this week and then New Orleans next and has the Jets, Miami and St. Louis in weeks 14, 15 and 16. :excited:
:thumbdown: Excellent point. I am gonna buy and hold where he is available.

After watching some highlights of O'Sullivan I'm actually pretty impressed with this guy who most accounts here was simply a journeyman QB who was only on the team because of his familiarity with Martz' system and that little shot of winning the starting job. I've seen a good arm (although a funky throwing motion), good pocket presence and sound reads.

He's looked at least solid so far and now he gets to face the inept Detroit D in a Martz revenge game.

I'm curious to see how he is valued in the Shark Pool by seeing who people are (or aren't) starting him over.

Edit to add:

I am considering starting him over Peyton this week. I'm a Detroit Homer (who knows how bad this Lion team is) and got to see him last year. If I was in charge, I would have started him in 2007 over Kitna hands-down. I really like his chances against a sorry Lion pass-rush. Remember, Peyton has a beat-up O-line in front of him and plus he plays the Jags, who NEED to win this week. (Not saying they will beat the Colts, but they're going to throw the kitchen sink at that makeshift front five.) no links to offer... (just my 2¢)

This is a really ironic thought. I like it.

I'm actually rolling w/ him as my Full-timer... just traded my Ben / TO / Slaton for JTO / S Hill / DMac / Desaun Jackson JTO is now the full-timer on that squad...If he can make the season... look at that Schedule, easy top 10 finish
If this is not a dynasty and DMac is out any length of time you got hosed on that deal. Sorry.

According to FBG cheatsheets I should be starting JT over Eli Manning, but I cant bring myself to do that.
I'm with you. I have Eli as my starter right now. I just picked up JT to cover Eli's bye week next week (plays against the Saints). Eli has the Bengals at home...don't know how I can sit him.

Edit to add:

I am considering starting him over Peyton this week. I'm a Detroit Homer (who knows how bad this Lion team is) and got to see him last year. If I was in charge, I would have started him in 2007 over Kitna hands-down. I really like his chances against a sorry Lion pass-rush. Remember, Peyton has a beat-up O-line in front of him and plus he plays the Jags, who NEED to win this week. (Not saying they will beat the Colts, but they're going to throw the kitchen sink at that makeshift front five.) no links to offer... (just my 2¢)
This is the same JT that came into a game relieving a concussed Kitna only to play so horrible that they had to put the concussed Kitna back in to rally the Lions back to victory.

I'm actually rolling w/ him as my Full-timer... just traded my Ben / TO / Slaton for JTO / S Hill / DMac / Desaun Jackson JTO is now the full-timer on that squad...If he can make the season... look at that Schedule, easy top 10 finish
Is that a keeper Dynasty league?

If this is not a dynasty and DMac is out any length of time you got hosed on that deal. Sorry.
You would be correct, buts a 14 Team PPR Dynasty... and I'm stacked where if DMac misses a couple, I'm fineStarting Line upQB: JTOWR: WayneWR: RoyalWR: De JaxRB: R BushRB: MBIIITE: CooleyWR/RB: Choose DMac, VJax, Berrian, Curry, P Thomas..

Cutler, Warner, JTO, Aaron Rodgers, Rivers, Delhomme, etc

Folks please be the last one to take a QB in your draft. The flexibility it gives you in the rest of the draft makes this rule #1 for any redraft IMO. Every year people take QBs early and then by week 3, usually sooner, it becomes a legit who should i start decision between your 3rd or 4th round QB and the guy you took in the late rounds.

$0.02

O'Sullivan was one of those guys I was targeting cheap before the season started so I have him on a couple teams.

One league I am thinking of starting him over McNabb but I currently can't get myself to do it. McNabb seems healthy and is looking very good.

The other league I have Big Ben and Palmer and I am currently planning on starting Big Ben.

So presently in my 2 leagues I have him I plan on leaving him on the bench.

Picked up JTO, dropping Garcia who was serving as week 4 bye coverage for Hasselbeck. He'll start this week as well.

With a Westbrook/Gore backfield I'm actually looking for a nice balanced- but awe inspiring- SFO drubbing of the Lions. :wolf:

Starting O'Sullivan. (Lions giving up 240 ypg passing)

Benching Schaub. (Titans giving up 141 ypg passing)

Pretty much a no-brainer.

(May be in the market for a QB before too long.)

Starting JT over Palmer in one league and over Schaub/Garrard in another.

As a Seahawks fan, I don't think I'll ever pull for the Niners to do well more than I will be this week!

Over Warner. Tough decision to make after Warner's game last week but JTO played well and he is up against the Lions so I am going to swing for the fences this week.

Over Warner. Tough decision to make after Warner's game last week but JTO played well and he is up against the Lions so I am going to swing for the fences this week.
You won't regret it. JTO is great fun to watch and cheer for -- and really, that's 90% of the fun of FF (at least for me). I have a standing pact with a 49ers fan at my Sunday sports bar to do a shot of Jameson for every JTO TD this season. I don't think a 4 shot performance is out of the question this week.

Users who are viewing this thread