What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's the Most Famous Person from your High School and why don't I know who he or she is? (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
Don't remember if this has ever been done and a search came up empty for whatever that's worth.

My fellow Milwaukee Hamilton grad Kevon Looney just won a NBA championship with the Warriors.  He's the most famous person to get spat out of that fine institution in the past 56 years.

Notable people who I went to High School with include the PA announcer for the Brewers, a city alderman and the screenwriter of the Super Mario Brothers movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably some dude who played for the Celtics. Can’t remember his name…

ETA- James Posey. Won a ring with the Heat, and another with the Celtics. Currently an assistant coach with the Cavs. He would have been an 8th grader when I graduated.

Oh yeah, and Zoltan Mesko.

Probably one of Keith Bullock (LB Titans), Adam Rodriguez (CSI and J Lo video) or Tracy Wolfson (sideline reporter). Wolfson was the senior who led my 9th grade group on a tour of the school before school started. I went to school with those 3. My sister went to school with the main male actor from Pitch Perfect. I think his name is Skylar Austin. 

Nothing but the dead of night back in my little town

Fred Meijer (250+ supercenters / hypermarkets in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois and Wisconsin. Maybe more now, they’re always buying land and expanding.) Not to be confused with Fred Meyer who founded a 130 store hyper market model in the northwest.

Favorite hometown guy - Fred Bock. He flew a B-29 plane on the Nagasaki atomic bomb mission - his plane had the recording instruments. After the war he was a medical research scientist in Chicago. He came to speak at our school when I was growing up.

Karl Towns grew up two houses down from where I grew up (and where my mom still lives), but went to a private high school.

Alumni is probably Anthony Davis, former OT for the 49ers.

I also went to high school with La La Anthony (she once asked me to be her Valentine and I said no), but she moved and graduated elsewhere.

Jim Boeheim is the Secretariat at Belmont of my high school. So much so there are signs announcing the fact as you drive in.

John Lithgow

Bebe Neuwirth (Lilith on "Cheers")

All of the members of Blues Traveler

Damien Chazelle ("Whiplash" was based on my longtime HS jazz band instructor, who was very much a character but not nearly as evil as the guy in the movie)

Mike Showalter ("Wet Hot American Summer"; he and my brother were good friends growing up)

Ellen DeGeneres and Phil Anselmo of Pantera both attended my high school, but neither graduated.

Former Indiana Pacer forward Danny Granger would probably be our most famous graduate nationwide. There are some local politicians and such that are graduates, but wouldn’t be known elsewhere.

The guy who started the Khan Academy educational videos company, Salman Khan, is also a graduate, but I don’t think he himself is a famous name.

Eve Arden (actress)

Pat Paulsen (statesman, actor)

Kathleen Quinlan (actress)

Cintra Wilson (writer, social critic)

Courtney Thorne Smith (actress)

Tupac Shakur (dude)

Eta... Adam Steltzner (JPL rocket scientist, Curiosity Rover lead on descent and landing)

Tim Robbins

Lucy Liu

Paul Reiser

Tons of other really really smart people I never heard of. I went to top HS in NYC.

Justin Herbert

I live down the street from that high school now!

From my high school, surprisingly not anyone too famous for a school in the suburbs of a decent sized city that, when I was there, was the largest high school in the state.  There are a couple of athletes, a few musicians, but it might be Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica, Mandalorian).

Tim Robbins

Lucy Liu

Paul Reiser

Tons of other really really smart people I never heard of. I went to top HS in NYC.
No shame on being on the low end of the curve.  Well, yes there is, but they're too stupid to know any better.

My mom's HS...

RBG

Bernie Sanders

Chuck Schumer

Chris Rock

Martin Landau

Carol King

Andrew Dice Clay

And a bunch of Nobel Prize winners.
JMHS is around the corner from us. recently discovered ADC still lives here.

20 years ago when I was in a hipper hipster ‘hood I used to see Chuck riding his bike around on Sundays. seemed like less of a tool then, would stop & chat people up.

I live down the street from that high school now!

From my high school, surprisingly not anyone too famous for a school in the suburbs of a decent sized city that, when I was there, was the largest high school in the state.  There are a couple of athletes, a few musicians, but it might be Katee Sackhoff (Battlestar Galactica, Mandalorian).
Me too.  We will have to meet up before a Duck game this Fall.  @General Malaise too.

Clint Eastwood, though perhaps fittingly he was expelled and graduated from a nearby school.

Robert McNamara

Chloe Fineman (she's on SNL)

Christopher Stevens, U.S. diplomat who sadly died in the Benghazi attack.

Users who are viewing this thread