What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why no Plaxico love this week? (1 Viewer)

lion_crazz

Footballguy
With Burress coming back this week, I would think most rankings would have him in the top 10 this week. He is number one on a highly productive offense that is facing the Browns. CBS and NFL.com are the only ones I have seen so far that has him in the top ten, though.

Any reason for this?

Last edited by a moderator:
I pretty much have to start him this week. I am wondering how his production will be and if they might try and downgrade his use as a sort of lesson to be more of a team player, or go nuts and target him wildly to embrace him back in the fold with open arms. Interesting week for Burress owners.

I would be very surprised if (a) Plax doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder and (b) Eli doesn't target him early and often to welcome him back into the fold. Don't forget that Domenick Hixon ate the Cleveland secondary alive running Plax's routes in the preseason.

Then again, I expected Hixon to have a much quieter week against the Seahawks, so what do I know?

I hope you know things. :whistle:

I would be very surprised if (a) Plax doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder and (b) Eli doesn't target him early and often to welcome him back into the fold. Don't forget that Domenick Hixon ate the Cleveland secondary alive running Plax's routes in the preseason.Then again, I expected Hixon to have a much quieter week against the Seahawks, so what do I know?

I would be very surprised if (a) Plax doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder and (b) Eli doesn't target him early and often to welcome him back into the fold. Don't forget that Domenick Hixon ate the Cleveland secondary alive running Plax's routes in the preseason.

Then again, I expected Hixon to have a much quieter week against the Seahawks, so what do I know?
I'd agree more with this theory if Plax hadn't gone out of his way to say how *not* sorry he was. Eli did just fine without him. Maybe Eli limits his chances to show that the team is bigger than one player.I'm not saying he won't throw to an open Plaxico or ignore him, of course. But he might just start considering him more of "one of the options" in the progressions.

I'd agree more with this theory if Plax hadn't gone out of his way to say how *not* sorry he was. Eli did just fine without him. Maybe Eli Coughlin limits his chances to show that the team is bigger than one player.I'm not saying he won't throw to an open Plaxico or ignore him, of course. But he might just start considering him more of "one of the options" in the progressions.
fixed

3C said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Bermuda_Chub said:

I'd agree more with this theory if Plax hadn't gone out of his way to say how *not* sorry he was. Eli did just fine without him. Maybe Eli Coughlin limits his chances to show that the team is bigger than one player.I'm not saying he won't throw to an open Plaxico or ignore him, of course. But he might just start considering him more of "one of the options" in the progressions.
fixed
This isn't high school. This is the NFL. Coaches and players want to win.I seriously doubt the team will risk getting first downs and scoring points to teach Plaxico some kind of humility lesson.

3C said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Bermuda_Chub said:

fixed
This isn't high school. This is the NFL. Coaches and players want to win.I seriously doubt the team will risk getting first downs and scoring points to teach Plaxico some kind of humility lesson.
Yeah but he wasn't sorry

3C said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Bermuda_Chub said:

fixed
That he may or may not even acknowledge anyway.

3C said:
Neil Beaufort Zod said:
Bermuda_Chub said:

fixed
They seemed to do ok without Plax last week.I actually was just saying that if anyone is going to punish Plax for his most recent statements it would be Coughlin but in reality I wouldn't expect any such thing.

Users who are viewing this thread