What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Butler of Arcade Fire has a new record out. Anyone hear it? (1 Viewer)

Took me a little while to get into them, but I must admit they have a certain "sound" that is all their own. Some of it must be those odd instruments they incorporate into what's a larger than normal size band.

Happy freakin Halloween! A couple of the band members had babies in the last six months so I am nervous they may not actually tour for a bit. I plan on hitting every show from MSG to Halifax! Anyone else looking forward to this?http://www.weallwantsomeone.org/2013/07/12/arcade-fires-new-album-coming-october-29/
Attending every show? Nervous they might not tour for awhile?

Holy ####. You love them, huh?
Yeah I do! I'm hearing Talking Heads sounding record from different sources. To me that means more songs like Sprawl II which is fine by me. More Regine?

Took me a little while to get into them, but I must admit they have a certain "sound" that is all their own. Some of it must be those odd instruments they incorporate into what's a larger than normal size band.
Their shows are a blast to attend. Tons of energy and because of the way they swap instruments the sounds are all fresh.

They're big fans of the Greek Theatre here in NorCal, which makes for a pretty great combination.
Is it worth a road trip? I would like to catch some new venues next summer.
Look, I don't think I'd ever drop that much money to see a band that I can see at home. So I can't say. :shrug:
I have been banking $$ just for when they got back on tour. No vacations this year. Love Arcade Fire!

9/9@9pm

Code:
[URL="http://www.youaintnopicasso.com/2013/09/06/arcade-fires-reflektor-twelve-inch-single-out-sept-9-at-9pm/"]http://www.youaintnopicasso.com/2013/09/06/arcade-fires-reflektor-twelve-inch-single-out-sept-9-at-9pm/[/URL]

Any tour schedule yet? I'm looking to head to Europe at the end of the year and want to sync up with their assumed tour.

The link sounds good Btw.

Any tour schedule yet? I'm looking to head to Europe at the end of the year and want to sync up with their assumed tour.

The link sounds good Btw.
It seems like I heard they will be doing Reading festival but other then that it's too early to say.

I've listened to that song several times now. Just meh for me. Seems unremarkable in every way. I loved Funeral. Liked Neon Bible and liked about half of The Suburbs. I'm not sure if I'll buy this new one. (Yes, I still buy music.)

Money track. I wonder if they go all dance on this album.
Win Butler has said that the album is very dance-heavy. I read an interview the other day where he said that people would be "surprised" by the album. You can definitely hear the James Murphy influence on "Reflektor" and I think he worked with them on some songs on the album.

That said, on 1 listen of "Reflektor", I like it but don't love it. Need to give it a few more listens for a full sink-in.

FYI: Pre-ordering the album from the official The Arcade Fires website gets you first crack at concert tix. :blackdot:
So I have not been around for the last couple of weeks but as an Arcade Fire fan boy I wanted to weigh in. Thanks for posting this Judge as this was the best part of 9/9/9:00. I hope we really do get first crack at the shows. That being said I was very disappointed that I couldn't make it up to Montreal for the three shows at the Salsatheque club. I felt a little bit better when I heard that they had film crews up there during the shows, and I was eagerly awaiting some sort or concert film from it. Next they announced that they would do an extra half hour show after SNL this past weekend. We hard core fans all assumed it would be the Salsatheque shows and it was. It was an understatement to say that I was excited to see all of this coming together on Saturday night. I am sad to say now that I thought it was all pretty bad. Tina Fey as the new character on "Girls" was the highlight of the night. I wasn't feeling ANYTHING that I saw from Arcade Fire that night that made me feel too good. I am not sure what they were trying to do but I hope it's all a big ruse because it didn't work. I did love the video and cleaned up sounding single of Reflektor but I really don't like the other four tunes at all. I hope it gets better.

Sorry, this reflector song is not good. It's one of those songs you hear once, and you are like wow this could be real good. A second time you listen to it and find out there isn't much there and then you see it on SNL and realize it was just a bunch of over-produced studio junk that can't carry live. Not my thing.

Sorry for the troll. Just calling it like I see it.

Sorry, this reflector song is not good. It's one of those songs you hear once, and you are like wow this could be real good. A second time you listen to it and find out there isn't much there and then you see it on SNL and realize it was just a bunch of over-produced studio junk that can't carry live. Not my thing.

Sorry for the troll. Just calling it like I see it.
It's a little long. I played it at least 100 times and it really grew on me. That being said it's kinda awful on a regular car radio. Much better on a top system.

massraider said:
Good Posting Judge said:
That live post-SNL thing...oof. I'm not optimistic.
Whats the story there?

Post SNL sounds cool to me. There's an after party after every episode, they are usually a blast. I've been to three of them.
It wasn't real. At least most of it wasn't. It was filmed in Montreal like three weeks before.

I thought Reflektor sounded awful live on SNL and I don't need all the weirdness of that special and whatnot but I really liked all the songs they debuted and am more excited for this album than I was a week ago. :shrug:

I'm not sure I'll really want to see them live though, I can kind of see this being a great studio album that doesn't translate to the tour.

Users who are viewing this thread