What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Favre retire? (1 Viewer)

Will Favre retire before the '06 season?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Favre will never retire.

• Total voters

Rev

Footballguy
Calling all Packer fans... and Favre/Rodgers owners ;) Post the latest gossip and debate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope not. I know it won't happen, but in my ideal world, a bunch of veterans who are looking for one year contracts would all go to Green Bay at a discount to usher him out in style, making one last playoff run, and hoping to parlay that run into a big contract in 07.

There is no reason to discuss this until AFTER TD # 421 has been thrown.
:goodposting: x 10Why would anyone (besides Barry Sanders) retire being that close to a major record? I don't buy any of the talk of him not willing to play for another team or having had enough. I'd say he's good for another two seasons minimum.

There is no reason to discuss this until AFTER TD # 421 has been thrown.
:goodposting: x 10Why would anyone (besides Barry Sanders) retire being that close to a major record? I don't buy any of the talk of him not willing to play for another team or having had enough. I'd say he's good for another two seasons minimum.
Not sure about this, though it would be great to keep Favre around. It seems like Green Bay kind of called Favre's bluff when Favre said that he didn't really want to learn a new system, which would happen if Sherman got canned. And why wouldn't he? He could take a day off when he wanted, because he knew things inside and out. I think Favre controlls his own destiny, but the Packers did send him a message by moving for a new head coach, and I think Favre could call it quites because of it. It all depends on his motivation level.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I am a football guru.

Eli Manning/Favre

DeAngelo Williams/Gore/J.Jones/Lewis/Dunn

A.Johnson/BMW/Re.Williams/Gabriel/Boston/Roydell Williams

Heap/Stevens

Graham/Vanderjagt

Philly/San Diego
You'd think a football guru would have at least one player in the top 10 at his position.

Users who are viewing this thread