What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will the Broncos pickup the recent released NDavenport? (1 Viewer)

He's fat, he's slow, he's not very good. There's a reason he was released TWICE this season by the SAME TEAM...

Plus I think he's still too busy defecating in closets these days...

I think the Donkeys will give Hillis a chance before doing anything rash at RB. Cecil and I were talking about the situation this week and two available RBs seemed to stand out as good fits - Thomas Clayton and Marcus Thomas. Clayton in particular seems like a guy who could surprise if he's given the opportunity.

One of the factors that lead to Davenport's release is that he's currently dealing with a hamstring injury. The Steelers didn't know if he was going to be healthy enough to contribute on special teams, so they cut him and promoted a healthy player from their practice squad.

I agree with the rest - the broncos will go with Hillis and the existing corps and hope for Selvin Young to return.

Davenport is not their kind of runner, anyway, They want a one cut and gone runner. Hillis is as good as Davenport at plowing ahead looking for the hole.

I think the Donkeys will give Hillis a chance before doing anything rash at RB. Cecil and I were talking about the situation this week and two available RBs seemed to stand out as good fits - Thomas Clayton and Marcus Thomas. Clayton in particular seems like a guy who could surprise if he's given the opportunity.
Isn't Thomas Clayton on the 49ers practice squad?

Yes, but practice squad players are free to sign with any team at any time.

I thought once a player clears waivers he can be signed to a practice squad, and he isn't fair game at that point. Having said that, I have heard of players being signed from another team's practice squad. I guess I don't know how that works.

I thought once a player clears waivers he can be signed to a practice squad, and he isn't fair game at that point. Having said that, I have heard of players being signed from another team's practice squad. I guess I don't know how that works.
I believe the case is... if a team signs a PS player from another squad, that player must go directly on the 53 man roster. Can't sign him away from Team A's practice squad and then put him on on yours.

I believe the case is... if a team signs a PS player from another squad, that player must go directly on the 53 man roster. Can't sign him away from Team A's practice squad and then put him on on yours.
Sounds good to me.

Users who are viewing this thread