What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Trump pardon everyone involved in the Capitol riots? (1 Viewer)

Will Trump pardon himself?

• Yes

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 11 10.3%

• Total voters
The FBI of the current administration is on a political witch hunt?  Apparently they just charged someone today with conspiracy. 
How do you feel about this?  

Dem Rep. Says Pro-Trump Guardsmen Are ‘Suspect,’ Should Be Vetted as Potential Threat

Zachary Evans

January 18, 2021, 1:37 pm

Representative Steve Cohen (D., Tenn.) suggested on Monday that Trump-supporting National Guardsmen should be vetted as potential security threats.

You yourself agreed above that it should be investigated, so what does the media have to do with it? 
It is the media and politiciand branding all Trump supporters as dangerous.  This is the McCarthism like stuff that this is leading to.

Dem Rep. Says Pro-Trump Guardsmen Are ‘Suspect,’ Should Be Vetted as Potential Threat

Zachary Evans

Representative Steve Cohen (D., Tenn.) suggested on Monday that Trump-supporting National Guardsmen should be vetted as potential security threats.

It is the media and politiciand branding all Trump supporters as dangerous.  This is the McCarthism like stuff that this is leading to.

Zachary Evans

Huh? Isn't that judge the media reporting what one congressmen said?

Huh? Isn't that judge the media reporting what one congressmen said?
Also, 12 National Guardsmen were removed due to issues with their background checks, which tends to prove the Congressman's point. Is jon really saying that the media shouldn't have reported it? Or that the media should have put a "pro conservative" spin on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zachary Evans

You just answered my question asking what the media has to do with it by criticizing what a rep said.  I hesitate to ask, but, what does the media have to do with it? 

Zachary Evans

No, this is different.  This relates to actions of insurrection against our democracy that are unprecedented.  By definition, there is no comparison.

How do you feel about this?  

Zachary Evans

On its face, that seems dumb.

No, this is different.  This relates to actions of insurrection against our democracy that are unprecedented.  By definition, there is no comparison.
So 70 million American citizens are suspects due to the acts of a few?  Crazy.  How is that different than suspecting a person is a murder because of skin color or someone is a terrorist due to their religion? 

You just answered my question asking what the media has to do with it by criticizing what a rep said.  I hesitate to ask, but, what does the media have to do with it? 
The media has created this narrative that Trump supporters are guilty of treason and are dangerous. 

BUT, if they are affiliated with groups that present a security threat, that is a different story. 
Sure, but that is normal screening procedures.  There are a lot of principles which are thrown out the window when it comes to how to treat Trump supporters.  I see Democrats treating them as subhuman.  

Sure, but that is normal screening procedures.  There are a lot of principles which are thrown out the window when it comes to how to treat Trump supporters.  I see Democrats treating them as subhuman.  
There are a lot of principles which are thrown out the window when there was just an attack on the Capitol and an attempt to overturn an election

Put it this way. The dozen national guard dudes that were removed because of ties to white nationalism and right wing extremism. They would not have been removed if it was Trump's inauguration.

The media has created this narrative that Trump supporters are guilty of treason and are dangerous. 
This can't be stated enough.....

I mean Trump is irresponsible....and an A hole....but he didn't tell people to storm the capital. There are unstable people on all ends of the political spectrum as we've seen on many occasions through this election cycle.......just like Trump has been irresponsible, so are the words of the likes AOC and Cohen......They are fanning the flames.

You see some Democrats doing that. The Congressman you quoted for example. 

Trump has fostered the narrative that his supporters are constantly victimized, merely by virtue of being his supporter. 

This is a perfect example. 
When people are treated inappropriately, it should be pointed out.  In fact, Democrats are very good at pointing out victims of unequal treatment.  But for some odd reason, when it is the Democrats who dish it out, they rationalize the inappropriate behavior.  It is my belief that this nation will never be at peace until we as a people treat all people with the same amount of respect.  This continue behavior is just going to create another Trump and the cycle will go on.  

I mean Trump is irresponsible....and an A hole....but he didn't tell people to storm the capital. There are unstable people on all ends of the political spectrum as we've seen on many occasions through this election cycle.......just like Trump has been irresponsible, so are the words of the likes AOC and Cohen......They are fanning the flames.
He bread the dog, taught it to hate, riled it up and sent it into the ring.  But he didn’t tell it to bite the other dog.  

I went No, Not Sure, Yes.

I don't think he cares about those people and it would just make him look worse than he already does with regard to this incident.  Snowden - I doubt Trump even understands what that is about so no clue what he does.  For himself, I think it's too easy an out not to take it.  He can always claim they are out to get me so I have to be sure they don't try to take your great leader from you!
It will not hold up.

You see some Democrats doing that. The Congressman you quoted for example. 
As a liberal Democrat, I totally agree with the premise that jon_mx brings up - people still have the right to have different opinions in this country, and if a Trump supporter is in the National Guard, there is no reason they couldn’t serve at the inauguration...

UNLESS..some evidence has been uncovered that these individuals are unaccepting of the election results or have made seditious statements, on social media or otherwise, that would create a negative situation.  I don’t know if that information has been released to the public, but if it has, I haven’t seen it.  

And honestly, I don’t know whether it should be released to the public.  I could be convinced either way.

I mean Trump is irresponsible....and an A hole....but he didn't tell people to storm the capital.
He told them to march, not storm! isn't the most convincing argument in Trump's favor, especially when you combine it with the fact that he refused to send backup once he saw his supporters attacking the police. Because he reportedly liked what he was seeing.

As a liberal Democrat, I totally agree with the premise that jon_mx brings up - people still have the right to have different opinions in this country, and if a Trump supporter is in the National Guard, there is no reason they couldn’t serve at the inauguration...

UNLESS..some evidence has been uncovered that these individuals are unaccepting of the election results or have made seditious statements, on social media or otherwise, that would create a negative situation.  I don’t know if that information has been released to the public, but if it has, I haven’t seen it.  

And honestly, I don’t know whether it should be released to the public.  I could be convinced either way.
I am sure there are 10-15k Trump supporters in the 25k National Guard group. They are excluding 12. 

When people are treated inappropriately, it should be pointed out.  In fact, Democrats are very good at pointing out victims of unequal treatment.  But for some odd reason, when it is the Democrats who dish it out, they rationalize the inappropriate behavior.  It is my belief that this nation will never be at peace until we as a people treat all people with the same amount of respect.  This continue behavior is just going to create another Trump and the cycle will go on.  
There seem to be three batches of people in your world. Democrats, Trump fans, and sane reasonable people like yourself. It is quite off-putting and annoying.

And now that I have seen the following, I agree with their removal.  I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt..

“Two other U.S. officials told The Associated Press that all 12 were found to have ties with right-wing militia groups or posted extremist views online.”

“Gen. Daniel Hokanson, chief of the National Guard, confirmed that Guard members had been removed and sent home but he said only two cases were for inappropriate comments or texts related to the inauguration. He said the other 10 were for other potential issues that may involve previous criminal behavior or other activities, but were not directly related to the inaugural event.”

Link to AP story.

So 70 million American citizens are suspects due to the acts of a few?  Crazy.  How is that different than suspecting a person is a murder because of skin color or someone is a terrorist due to their religion? 
I was focusing on/responding to the McCarthism element, which is why I bolded it.  No, all 70 million are not suspects.

and trump continues to stick it to his own supporters.  
No kidding.  But will they be smart enough to put it together?  He pardons the guy who stole from them because he is a cornered animal that will now take any ally he can get.  He does not, and has not, ever cared about them.  

It would be funny if he loses track of time and accidentally signs the pardons at 12:01.
Hey Joe, I just realized Florida and Washington DC are in the same time zone and I missed the deadline. I really need you to pardon a few people I made promises to and need to keep quiet. And sorry about the insurrection.

Much Love,

Don

No kidding.  But will they be smart enough to put it together?  He pardons the guy who stole from them because he is a cornered animal that will now take any ally he can get.  He does not, and has not, ever cared about them.  
Bannon stole 95% of the donations, and he wasn't even clever about it. His schtick wasn't even Money Laundering 101, it was a remedial course.

I read that it took the Feds maybe twenty minutes to connect all the dots, Bannon was so carless and blatant with his actions.

I don't have much sympathy for that Kolfage dude, but he is a triple-amputee, and he is a soldier. He shouldn't have to take the fall for all of this, but it appears he is going to. 

List from WH press secretary.

“Stephen K. Bannon – President Trump granted a full pardon to Stephen Bannon. Prosecutors pursued Mr. Bannon with charges related to fraud stemming from his involvement in a political project. Mr. Bannon has been an important leader in the conservative movement and is known for his political acumen.”

Trump pardoned former Detroit Mayor Kwayme Kilpatrick with 20 years left on federal corruption..  Probbly would have won Detroit had he done it before the election.

Lilwayne got a pardon too for the chopper in his car.
What? The people of Detroit hate Kwame. 
*at least from my experience. I lived/worked downtown at the time and did not feel people viewed him favorably. I don’t really have a way to qualify that statement.

KK would get elected mayor again if he ran.
Yeah I don’t agree with that at all but interesting take. I don’t really know what would happen in that hypothetical. He and his family grifted a bunch money through their charity too; I think that was well publicized. I don’t think the people were very happy about that.

Yeah I don’t agree with that at all but interesting take. I don’t really know what would happen in that hypothetical. He and his family grifted a bunch money through their charity too; I think that was well publicized. I don’t think the people were very happy about that.
Nobody mentions Kwames best friend Bobby Feguson that all the $$$$ went through who will have to serve his whole sentence of 21 years.

If you remember KKs whole family was driving Escalades that were registered to the city of Detroit at 900.00 a month per.   While the city was crumbling they were living high.

Anyway I have met KK a few times at city council meetings and then at after parties.  Actually he is a really good guy off camera.  Just got caught up in the racket.  

Bannon stole 95% of the donations, and he wasn't even clever about it. His schtick wasn't even Money Laundering 101, it was a remedial course.

I read that it took the Feds maybe twenty minutes to connect all the dots, Bannon was so carless and blatant with his actions.

I don't have much sympathy for that Kolfage dude, but he is a triple-amputee, and he is a soldier. He shouldn't have to take the fall for all of this, but it appears he is going to. 
He pardoned Bannon but not the vet?  That’s cold. 

Users who are viewing this thread