What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

William Green vs. Lee Suggs (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Jefferson

Footballguy
Rotoworld LINK w/ pic of William Green

RB: William Green vs. Lee Suggs

Lee Suggs had a monster game in week 17 against a collapsing Bengals defense, shooting him up most fantasy draft charts. He is the starter going into training camp, but that could change quickly. William Green is thankful to be alive and working after his nightmarish season in 2003.

The former B.C. star was suspended for drug abuse and stabbed by his girlfriend in the same month. Green has behaved since, predictably looking excellent this offseason during minicamps. :yes: Butch Davis and the Browns didn't stick with him through the bad times to automatically sit him on the bench. He'll get a fair chance at the job. Stay tuned, but don’t overbid in early drafts on Suggs. :D

If WG will start and say projected to give you 1300 yds 7 TD's. Where will you want to draft him and how long do you want to wait before you pick his handcuff guy? IMO, right now he's a high risk guy, if he's there somewhere in the 5th, I'll take him.

Hear that flushing sound? :confused: I sure hear the sound, loud and clear. :lol: That turd you hear being flushed down the crappper is Lee Suggs fantasy value. :excited: Green is gonna be the man and Suggs is gonna stink. :HellToup: I'll be watching all the Suggs-man-lovers :cry: when Willie smokes him outta a job. :popcorn:

I hope all you Suggs owners traded him away back in January/February when his value peaked out. He's losing value by the week now.

As soon as the Browns are 0-4, Davis gets the boot and takes Green with him. If that doesn't happen, Green will certainly do one of two things; 1) will get into more off field troubles or 2) not play very well and Davis will have no choice but to play Suggs.Before Suggs got hurt in college, he was considered a better RB prospect than WG. I never expect Green to avg 4 yds a carry as a pro.

As soon as the Browns are 0-4, Davis gets the boot and takes Green with him. If that doesn't happen, Green will certainly do one of two things; 1) will get into more off field troubles or 2) not play very well and Davis will have no choice but to play Suggs.Before Suggs got hurt in college, he was considered a better RB prospect than WG. I never expect Green to avg 4 yds a carry as a pro.
I bet JohhnyU is a Suggs owner ;)

I'm a Suggs owner without blinders--obviously he is not the definite starter now; I would guess that Green is slighly about 50/50 to start right now.To be fair though, I can see Suggs having more value than Green right now even if he's less likely to start. Why? Based on what I've seen of Green, I don't think he'll ever be a stud, whereas Suggs could (not necessarily would). Suggs has more upside (but more downside).Also, and I don't mean to be morbid and I really hope that Green figures things out, I don't think Green is done with his troubles. With his drug & alcohol problems, and his apparent relationship problems (I think he's still with that girl), I think he will regress off the field and it will bring down his career. I've seen lots of articles about Green being in shape, but none at all about his entering rehab or AA, which is what I'd need to see to believe that Green has seen the worst of it. I really hope he gets better, but I currently wouldn't bet on it.

I'm a Suggs owner without blinders--obviously he is not the definite starter now; I would guess that Green is slighly about 50/50 to start right now.To be fair though, I can see Suggs having more value than Green right now even if he's less likely to start. Why? Based on what I've seen of Green, I don't think he'll ever be a stud, whereas Suggs could (not necessarily would). Suggs has more upside (but more downside).Also, and I don't mean to be morbid and I really hope that Green figures things out, I don't think Green is done with his troubles. With his drug & alcohol problems, and his apparent relationship problems (I think he's still with that girl), I think he will regress off the field and it will bring down his career. I've seen lots of articles about Green being in shape, but none at all about his entering rehab or AA, which is what I'd need to see to believe that Green has seen the worst of it. I really hope he gets better, but I currently wouldn't bet on it.
I read an article on Green posted in these forums a while back and it did sound like he went to rehab and talked like he was part of a 12 step program. I'm too lazy to try many variations of the title to find it though. :thumbup:

No doubt. He's got a quick finger to jump into any Cleveland RB thread hyping up Suggs. Watching Suggs' value decline must be torture for him. :rotflmao:
Im in a dynasty league with him and he is a Suggs owner. Just wanted to tease him a little :lol:

If the training camp shows that WG has a slight edge over Suggs, as a coach who would you keep? I'll build the hype on WG around the league and keep Suggs.

As soon as the Browns are 0-4, Davis gets the boot and takes Green with him.  If that doesn't happen, Green will certainly do one of two things;  1) will get into more off field troubles or 2) not play very well and Davis will have no choice but to play Suggs.Before Suggs got hurt in college, he was considered a better RB prospect than WG.   I never expect Green to avg 4 yds a carry as a pro.
I own Suggs in 2 dynasty leagues out of 6, one of which I also own WG. So my response isn't based upon the fact that I own Suggs in 1 league where I don't own WG. I really believe that WG will not be a productive RB and will be out of the league within 3 yrs. The odds are pretty good that he will screw up again.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as the Browns are 0-4, Davis gets the boot and takes Green with him.  If that doesn't happen, Green will certainly do one of two things;  1) will get into more off field troubles or 2) not play very well and Davis will have no choice but to play Suggs.Before Suggs got hurt in college, he was considered a better RB prospect than WG.  I never expect Green to avg 4 yds a carry as a pro.
I own Suggs in 2 dynasty leagues out of 6, one of which I also own WG. So my response isn't based upon the fact that I own Suggs in 1 league where I don't own WG. I really believe that WG is a waste of a human being.
" A waste of a human being"I think you're being a tad bit harsh. The only person W. Green has hurt is himself, it's not like he's OJ Simpson.

As soon as the Browns are 0-4, Davis gets the boot and takes Green with him.  If that doesn't happen, Green will certainly do one of two things;  1) will get into more off field troubles or 2) not play very well and Davis will have no choice but to play Suggs.Before Suggs got hurt in college, he was considered a better RB prospect than WG.   I never expect Green to avg 4 yds a carry as a pro.
I own Suggs in 2 dynasty leagues out of 6, one of which I also own WG. So my response isn't based upon the fact that I own Suggs in 1 league where I don't own WG. I really believe that WG will not be a productive RB and will be out of the league within 3 yrs. The odds are pretty good that he will screw up again.
I'm just "yankin" on ya Johnny. I dont own either Suggs or Green in my 2 dynasty leagues but If I had to choose one I would go with WG. Just a "gut" feeling on this. Peens' gut is usually right too. ;)

I own Suggs in 2 dynasty leagues out of 6, one of which I also own WG. So my response isn't based upon the fact that I own Suggs in 1 league where I don't own WG. I really believe that WG is a waste of a human being.
" A waste of a human being"I think you're being a tad bit harsh. The only person W. Green has hurt is himself, it's not like he's OJ Simpson.
I agree with you that I was too harsh. That's why I edited my post to rephrase my thoughts on WG.

Since the Browns were reborn again(whatever ya call it, expansion) how many 1000 yard backs have they had?

I hope all you Suggs owners traded him away back in January/February when his value peaked out. He's losing value by the week now.
This is so true. I made a somewhat crazy offer of Larry Johnson, Derrick Mason and the 15th pick in the rookie draft for just Suggs a few months back and got flat out rejected. I'm glad the other owner couldn't foresee the flushing sound of Suggs swirling the crappper. :thumbup:

I hope all you Suggs owners traded him away back in January/February when his value peaked out.  He's losing value by the week now.
This is so true. I made a somewhat crazy offer of Larry Johnson, Derrick Mason and the 15th pick in the rookie draft for just Suggs a few months back and got flat out rejected. I'm glad the other owner couldn't foresee the flushing sound of Suggs swirling the crappper. :thumbup:
To say that Suggs is going down the crapper when we are also talking about him in the same breath with WG is comical. No one is closer to going down the crapper than WG. What is sad is that WG's troubles could have much more of an impact on WG the man, rather than WG the football player.

I hope all you Suggs owners traded him away back in January/February when his value peaked out.  He's losing value by the week now.
To say that Suggs is going down the crapper when we are also talking about him in the same breath with WG is comical. No one is closer to going down the crapper than WG. What is sad is that WG's troubles could have much more of an impact on WG the man, rather than WG the football player.
Last I read Willie is off the booze/drugs and his life is going in the right direction.

Last I read Willie is off the booze/drugs and his life is going in the right direction.
I really hope that is true for his sake. I could care less about having Suggs as the starter at the expense of William Green's off the field troubles. By WG straightening out his life is much more important for his life as a person than as a football player.Edited to correct spelling of William.

I really hope that is true for his sake. I could care less about having Suggs as the starter at the expense of William Green's off the field troubles. By WG straightening out his life is much more important for his life as a person than as a football player.Edited to correct spelling of William.
This is true. I'm hoping for the best of both, hopefully he'll be in a good state of mind cause he has a lot more talent than Suggs and I hope the Browns do well. I'm not a Browns fan but know they have fanatics and what happened to their fans a few years back has made me kinda root for them to suceed.

This is true. I'm hoping for the best of both, hopefully he'll be in a good state of mind cause he has a lot more talent than Suggs and I hope the Browns do well. I'm not a Browns fan but know they have fanatics and what happened to their fans a few years back has made me kinda root for them to suceed.
You are right about everything except Green does NOT have more talent than Suggs.

You are right about everything except Green does NOT have more talent than Suggs.
Yes he does. :yes:

No he doesn't more than you can say he does :P Seriously, I respect your opinion, however it is flawed.

No he doesn't more than you can say he does :P Seriously, I respect your opinion, however it is flawed.
I respect your opinion too. But in the case, I'm right and you're wrong. :excited:

Lee Suggs is better than Willie Green. But, Butch Davis may not realize it. Since Butch will be gone by the end of the year, I'll try to grab Suggs in the middle rounds.

I respect your opinion too. But in the case, I'm right and you're wrong. :excited:
Ok, you win. This thread has hit the "crapper".

I agree with the poster saying Suggs will STILL have more value than Green. For some reason, there is always some drafter who buys the William Green hype and burns a high pick for him. Regardless of his off-field troubles, I think Green is simply an average NFL back in the Curtis Enis mold. If he isn't considered a bust yet, he will be fairly soon IMO.

I agree with the poster saying Suggs will STILL have more value than Green. For some reason, there is always some drafter who buys the William Green hype and burns a high pick for him. Regardless of his off-field troubles, I think Green is simply an average NFL back in the Curtis Enis mold. If he isn't considered a bust yet, he will be fairly soon IMO.
Now here is a person who knows what they are talking about. :thumbup:

You obviously don't watch football. :rotflmao:

You sir are the one who is in the dark. :D

I've seen a few games with Green running. I like what I saw. He does have talent and he actually proved it for 1/2 of a season. So to say he has no talent is plain horsecrap. You don't put up 800 yards in 8 games with Clevelands O-line if you stink, maybe in Denver but not in Cleveland.

The main issue for me value-wise is that Green is one toke away from a year-long suspension. Given my experience with drug users (even casual users) I will be more suprrised if he makes it through the season than I will if he decides to smoke that one joint and ends up suspended for a year. Suggs has no such risk, so to me that makes him more valuable when we really don't know who will start at this point anyway.

The main issue for me value-wise is that Green is one toke away from a year-long suspension. Given my experience with drug users (even casual users) I will be more suprrised if he makes it through the season than I will if he decides to smoke that one joint and ends up suspended for a year. Suggs has no such risk, so to me that makes him more valuable when we really don't know who will start at this point anyway.
I'll agree with this, as this is my experience with dopers too. The thing I'd worry about with Suggs though is he's brittle and weak, he'll break like a twig more than likely before the season even starts, can this guy stay healthy for more than a week. The guy is a walking gimp.

I've seen a few games with Green running. I like what I saw. He does have talent and he actually proved it for 1/2 of a season. So to say he has no talent is plain horsecrap. You don't put up 800 yards in 8 games with Clevelands O-line if you stink, maybe in Denver but not in Cleveland.
7 games and 559 yds and 1 td, not 800+. He also has a 3.9 yd average. All points to AVERAGE :)Edited to say he had a 3.7 avg the year before.

7 games and 559 yds and 1 td, not 800+. He also has a 3.9 yd average. All points to AVERAGE :)Edited to say he had a 3.7 avg the year before.
I was referring to the last 1/2 of 2002, not the 2003 season.

I was referring to the last 1/2 of 2002, not the 2003 season.
In which case that 3.7 yd avg in 2002 looks great !! He also played in 16 games and started 10 in 2002. Besides, I think it is more important to go back to what he did in 2003 than 2002. What have you done for me lately? H

2 of his last 3 games he played in he went for over 100 yards, against Pittsburg and Oakland. How's that for what have you done for me lately?

Suggs owners are in plain denial right now. Face it, William Green was not released or traded because the team wants him around and stuck with him through the tough times. The fact the organization is giving him the chance to earn back his job isn't exactly a vote of confidence in Lee Suggs nor does it indicate a lack of talent in William Green as many suggest. What? Did Lee Suggs think he "earned" a starting job because he had one good game against a broke-down Cinci defense? Nah, starting jobs don't come that easily in the NFL. Lee Suggs hasn't even been through a training camp yet, get real people. In a head-to-head competition William Green will emerge as the starter and Lee Suggs durability will not hold up....he's too fragile, and not exactly typical of the pounders found in the AFC North.

2 of his last 3 games he played in he went for over 100 yards, against Pittsburg and Oakland. How's that for what have you done for me lately?
Yes and in that Pitt game he rushed 33 times for a whopping 3.5 yds a carry. If you want to look at "what have you done lately" games, look at Suggs (26 rushes 186 yds).

Suggs owners are in plain denial right now. Face it, William Green was not released or traded because the team wants him around and stuck with him through the tough times. The fact the organization is giving him the chance to earn back his job isn't exactly a vote of confidence in Lee Suggs nor does it indicate a lack of talent in William Green as many suggest. What? Did Lee Suggs think he "earned" a starting job because he had one good game against a broke-down Cinci defense? Nah, starting jobs don't come that easily in the NFL. Lee Suggs hasn't even been through a training camp yet, get real people. In a head-to-head competition William Green will emerge as the starter and Lee Suggs durability will not hold up....he's too fragile, and not exactly typical of the pounders found in the AFC North.
WG hasn't exactly looked like he's earned anything. His #'s are mediocre and his character is worse.

Hear that flushing sound? :confused: I sure hear the sound, loud and clear. :lol: That turd you hear being flushed down the crappper is Lee Suggs fantasy value. :excited: Green is gonna be the man and Suggs is gonna stink. :HellToup: I'll be watching all the Suggs-man-lovers :cry: when Willie smokes him outta a job. :popcorn:
Isn't this a re-post from a couple months ago? C'mon, get a new original thought. <jk> ;)

Since the Browns were reborn again(whatever ya call it, expansion) how many 1000 yard backs have they had?
The relevant number is that they have not had a 1000 yard rusher since 1985.2001, as a team, they were able to average only 3.24 YPC.2002, 3.982003, 4.05Add in the g/l running option of Garcia, Garcia's ability to use nice e/z targets like Winslow, Morgan, Northcutt and Davis, and TDs will be scarce for Cleveland RBs. Finally, factor in the fact that they are in the toughest rush defense division and they face Miami, NE, Buffalo, Philly along with Baltimore and Pitt X2, PLUS some other tough ground Ds this year, and the outlook is not good for any Cleveland rb.Unless something radical happens, a viable fantasy back is not coming out of Cleveland in 2004.I see it breaking down like last year with slight improved rushing numbers due to GARCIA not due to the RBs. 17-1800 yards rushing as a team, Garcia will get 3-400, and assorted other running plays (JJax, the WRs, the FBs, etc) will account for another 100 yards. That leaves 12-1400 yards rushing for Suggs/Green. Unless one back goes uninjured for 16 games, is 100% effective every game so that he is never replaced for fumbling or ineffectiveness, and is given 325-350 carries, neither of these backs will be able to get significantly more than 1G rushing this year.If those backs then split up 10 or so rushing TDs that don't go to other RBs or Garcia (I'm being very generous with the TDs alloted to Suggs/Green by giving them a combined 10), you all could very well be arguing intensely over which if these backs is most likely to get you 900 yards and 5 or 6 TDs this year. Just keep it in fantasy perspective while y'all have at it this intensely kids.

WG hasn't exactly looked like he's earned anything. His #'s are mediocre and his character is worse.
Give up the fight brother. You are arguing against a brick wall (couple of them). It like arguing politics. No matter how much logic you use, closed minds rarely open to different ideas.I wish I were smart enough to predict exactly what was going to happen. Then I too could argue with such vigor that my opinion (huh, facts?) were ABSOLUTE.

Hear that flushing sound?  :confused: I sure hear the sound, loud and clear.  :lol: That turd you hear being flushed down the crappper is Lee Suggs fantasy value.  :excited: Green is gonna be the man and Suggs is gonna stink.  :HellToup: I'll be watching all the Suggs-man-lovers  :cry: when Willie smokes him outta a job.  :popcorn:
Isn't this a re-post from a couple months ago? C'mon, get a new original thought. <jk> ;)
iT was similiar but different enough :thumbup:

Hear that flushing sound?  :confused: I sure hear the sound, loud and clear.  :lol: That turd you hear being flushed down the crappper is Lee Suggs fantasy value.  :excited: Green is gonna be the man and Suggs is gonna stink.  :HellToup: I'll be watching all the Suggs-man-lovers  :cry: when Willie smokes him outta a job.  :popcorn:
iT was similiar but different enough :thumbup:
Bet you were wishing we'd have installed a flushing toilet smiley by now, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread