What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willie Parker (1 Viewer)

Any thoughts on WP's dynasty value at this point?
On a related note, which player has the better chance of being a starter in 2006?Parker for the Steelers, or LJ for the Chiefs?
BUMPAny opinions at all on this question? :(
Well, Bettis is done after this year so that leaves Duce who has yet to be injury free for the Steelers and comes with a pretty high price tag and then there's Haynes who is nothing more than a between the tackles runner. I'd say the chance Willie starts next year 2006 (assuming he does well this year) is 80%.LJ's only competition is Priest who everyone has man-love for including Vermeil. Priest is getting up there in age and he is perpetually contemplating retirement. That said, until he does retire, this is his team. Unless he gets injured again this season, I think he comes back for another season next year. Chance that LJ starts next year is 40%.

80>40

By the way, if the year is changed to 2005 then Willie wins that too.
I concur. So explain to me why L.J. should be taken higher than Parker in dynasty leagues.
Emphasis added.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Tomlinson 1.01Westbrook 2.10Anderson 4.10Bell 7.01L. Johnson 11.01Moore 13.01Moats 15.01Parker 16.10Not much of a gamble at that point. After two weeks will be probably be trading with Boldin or S.Moss attached to upgrade at WR2 or QB. C.Johnson is WR1, Brooks and Vick are QBs. Gotta love drafting with "mag" boys.

On a related note, which player has the better chance of being a starter in 2006?Parker for the Steelers, or LJ for the Chiefs?
Well, Bettis is done after this year so that leaves Duce who has yet to be injury free for the Steelers and comes with a pretty high price tag and then there's Haynes who is nothing more than a between the tackles runner. I'd say the chance Willie starts next year 2006 (assuming he does well this year) is 80%.LJ's only competition is Priest who everyone has man-love for including Vermeil. Priest is getting up there in age and he is perpetually contemplating retirement. That said, until he does retire, this is his team. Unless he gets injured again this season, I think he comes back for another season next year. Chance that LJ starts next year is 40%.

80>40

I concur. So explain to me why L.J. should be taken higher than Parker in dynasty leagues.
Because Larry Johnson's upside is off the charts. Willie Parker is not likely to put up Priest-like stats in Pitt. Larry Johnson probably will (as evidenced by his 5 starts last season). As to their chances of starting next season? I don't see why Parker's chances are any better than Larry Johnson's. Both depend on a ton of variables, the biggest of which are the health of the guys in front of them on the depth charts. That said, at least one variable tips in LJ's favor -- likelihood of success. We really don't have much idea of what Parker can/will do as a full-time starter. However, we already have seen a pretty nice sample of LJ.

Especially in dynasty formats, LJ is absolutely the guy to take, and take early.

80>40

Because Larry Johnson's upside is off the charts. Willie Parker is not likely to put up Priest-like stats in Pitt.
I think Pittsburgh is kind of like "Denver east" in terms of almost any RB having a great chance at success behind a blue collar O-line and a team which is committed to the running game. They've been that way during most of Cowher's tenure. Did anyone think that Barry Foster was an elite RB when he came out of Arkansas?

Latest FBG projections have Willie Parker ranked below Frank Gore. :confused:

Latest FBG projections have Willie Parker ranked below Frank Gore.

:confused:
That's odd, considering that I haven't seen footballguys pimp an RB like this since Mike Cloud a few years ago. :excited:
They have him catching 5 passes for 34 yards ALL SEASON. Did they miss the fact that, at the very least, Parker is going to be the 3rd down back?

did you miss the email today that new projections are due to be loaded in tonight?
4. Footballguys Releases New Stat Projections.

Our normal schedule is to release new projections every Wednesday. But I know many of you are drafting tonight and tomorrow so my man David Dodds kicked it up a gear and we have new projections current as of this morning.
These are the updated projections.

Users who are viewing this thread