What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Willis McGahee - TNF Breakout Party? (1 Viewer)

PhantomJB

Footballguy
McGahee's carries have ramped up from 8 in Week 3 to 15 in Week 4.

Against Cincy, he had three nice Q4 carries in a row in the red zone that took CLE from the 24 to the 1 yard line before Hoyer passed for a TD.

If you picked up the 32 y/o McGahee, it was probably with an low end RB2 / Matchup Play type of expectation.

TNF is a nice matchup.

BUF is 27th against the run and that includes a Week 4 game where BAL inexplicably put the game into Joe Flacco's hands and quickly fell behind early. Bilal Powell of all people racked up 149 rush yards against BUF in Week 3.

Could be a good week to start seeing a return on those FAAB $$.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about trading for him in one league. The other owner wants Mike Williams. Could use MCGahee since after Charles and Gore, I'm pretty thin. I think he could have a decent game this week.

I'm thinking about trading for him in one league. The other owner wants Mike Williams. Could use MCGahee since after Charles and Gore, I'm pretty thin. I think he could have a decent game this week.
Pretty low-risk deal there. You don't know what that offense will look like coming out of the bye, but sounds like McGahee would be much more useful to you.

I would trade Williams for McGahee in a heartbeat. Williams isn't bad, but there are a million receivers just like him. McGahee at least gives you a warm body who will get carries in case your starting RBs get hurt.

Let's see..

TNF being RB friendly - check

BUF being #### against the rush - check

McGahee seeing an expanded role - check

Looks like a decent flex, yeah.

I'm bullish on McGahee going forward. hoyer has lead a resurgent Browns offense with two absolute studs in Gordon and Cameron. He's getting in better football shape, more carries, and the red zone scoring chances should come. Solid RB3 IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I have him in one league but it just so happens to be my strongest team so there's no way he's seeing my starting lineup this week or any week most likely. I do like his chances though this week to put up a decent week. Looking forward to it. Would love to use him as trade bait.

McGahee is younger than Gore, and he put Gore on the bench when they were on the same team.

He's got a chip on his shoulder against Buffalo as well. Bad blood is a good storyline.

I'm starting him as flex over Gore against Houston.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
i think the play is ogbanana
Or Fozzy Whitaker who Norv had in San Diego. He looked good this preseason. Have a feeling Ogbonnaya will be used as more of a fullback, since McGahee is used to running behind one. Rainey is nothing special. Since Willis had no preseason I would be worried he'll pull a hammy. Which could make Fozzy next man up. It's a longshot, but no moreso than Khiry Robinson or CJ Anderson.

Dr. Octopus said:
DanishKings said:
McGahee is younger than Gore,
No, he's not.
Duh, don't know why i thought that.

Also, looks like houston might have some trouble stopping the run of late. So i'm flip floping back to gore for a better floor.

I still think McGahee is a good flex this week.

Users who are viewing this thread